DROP RDA

Hello all you lovely people

I was wondering if there is supposed to be a peek insulator here? I took the whole thing apart to wash and when putting it together the positive won't sit and swivels even if the 510 pin is tightened all the way. I watched a few vids and noticed a plastic insulator where the positive posts sit.

Attachments

• 20201112_220058.jpg
    20201112_220058.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 20201112_220517.jpg
    20201112_220517.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 20201112_220530.jpg
    20201112_220530.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 20201112_220546.jpg
    20201112_220546.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Nevermind I found a disassembly video by the designer. I assume spare parts like that are not going to be found in any store. If not I'll go get a new one cause I'm dying to try it out!

Nevermind I found a disassembly video by the designer. I assume spare parts like that are not going to be found in any store. If not I'll go get a new one cause I'm dying to try it out!

There is definitely an insulator missing there, it won't work without it unfortunately. Will basically be a dead short to begin with. Sorry bud

i fired it up with the squonk pin fitted and it worked fine. i switched out the squonk pin afterwards with one out of my scrap box. It was 1mm short but I didnt think it would be a problem.

Maybe test it with the squonk pin. As long as you're using a regulated mod, there is no danger

I'm desperately looking for o-rings for mine. The supplied one's makes it so tight that I've completely stopped using it.

I'm desperately looking for o-rings for mine. The supplied one's makes it so tight that I've completely stopped using it.
@Cruces If you bought it relatively recently (within 90 day warranty), you can contact digiflavour. I emailed them about it. And I needed to send a video explaining and showing the problem. It is a known issue. You will also need your invoice.

They will then send you a set of replacements free of charge. You just have to cover the import duties when it gets here. Only con is that it comes via snail mail and takes ages to get here.

Only other thing you could do is look at other rdas that are 24mm and try to substitute those o-rings for your drop to see if it works. I had a peerless Special edition RDA. Those o-rings worked a charm until I got the replacements.

@Spink. I did that about a year? ago. They were helpful and had empathy for the problem but unfortunately I’ve had it for more than the 90 days. So no luck. Hadn’t thought of trying other 24s. Thx.

Back