ECIGSSA Comp 4 - How will you be preparing for Vapecon 2016 - (Voodoo Vapour & Mikes Mega Mixes)

shaunnadan

somewhere in the clouds....
VIP
LV

Awards
competition-time.png

ECIGSSA Competition 4 - How will you be preparing for VapeCon 2016 !
--- sponsored by Voodoo Vapour & Mikes Mega Mixes ---

--- closing date - 23 August 2016 ---​

In anticipation of VapeCon 2016 we are very excited to start our next competition with the members of ECIGSSA

What you need to do to win
  • Tell us what are your preparation rituals for VapeCon 2016
  • We want you to describe (in no less than 1 sentence) what you will be doing for the biggest Vape Convention in South Africa to date!
    • charge up all the batteries?
    • polish and shine your mods?
    • clean and rebuild all of your attys?
    • decant your DIY juices to swop with fellow members?
  • Then you need to post a fun picture of it.
  • Tag a member you know on the forum that needs to enter, this will help to keep the momentum going

Prizes

logo-4-png.63233

logo-5-png.63234

We are delighted to announce that the sponsors of prizes for this fourth competition are Voodoo Vapour and Mikes Mega Mixes. Thank you for taking part as sponsors and we are lucky to have such great and generous vendors as part of this forum. We intend involving a wide range of vendors in these competitions over time.

Prize from Voodoo Vapour
  • 3 x 100ml Pompous Pom Juice (1 of each in the whole line)
  • Free shipping within SA

Prize from Mikes Mega Mixes
  • 4 x 125ml Juice (your choice of flavour that is in stock)
  • Free shipping within SA

Prize from VapeCon
  • 2 x Tickets to VapeCon 2016

Closing Date and Competition Rules
  • The competition will close on Tuesday 23rd August 2016 at 5pm. Entries after that time will not be eligible.
  • One entry per person
  • The three winners will be randomly drawn from eligible entrants
  • Winners will be announced soon after the closing date
  • Everyone is welcome to participate in the spirit of this competition however members of the Admin and Mod team, vendors and their staff will not be eligible to win prizes.
  • Only those ECIGSSA members with 50 posts or more when the competition closes will go into the draw.
  • Only those residing in South Africa will be eligible to win the prizes for this competition. We may consider widening this over time. Apologies to our international members but you are still most welcome to participate in the thread.

latest

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the first thing I did was go out and buy a haversack to carry my purchases in because my man bag isn't gonna be big enough... Check!
Haversack 001.JPG

Then I went to buy a new Video Camera to record stuff... but out of stock so will keep looking... Not Check. :confused:
hc-vx980.jpg

I will clean two REO's and get them ready for the trip...
I will charge all batteries and pack them into thier silicone covers...
I will pack some XXX and Tropical Ice into the travel haversack...
I will refill the Rayon holder and put it into the Toolkit and then pack it...
I will pack the HotCig R150 and Minikin along with some Melo 3 Mini's

And I will relax because if I forget anything I just hazard a guess that I may just be able to buy anything I forgot at VapeCon Baby! :b1:

Well the first thing I did was go out and buy a haversack to carry my purchases in because my man bag isn't gonna be big enough... Check!
View attachment 63551

Then I went to buy a new Video Camera to record stuff... but out of stock so will keep looking... Not Check. :confused:
View attachment 63554

I will clean two REO's and get them ready for the trip...
I will charge all batteries and pack them into thier silicone covers...
I will pack some XXX and Tropical Ice into the travel haversack...
I will refill the Rayon holder and put it into the Toolkit and then pack it...
I will pack the HotCig R150 and Minikin along with some Melo 3 Mini's

And I will relax because if I forget anything I just hazard a guess that I may just be able to buy anything I forgot at VapeCon Baby! :b1:
Lol Rob, we all know that haversack you bought is where you're packing the cash, VISA and Master Cards...
THIS is Rob's real Vapecon haversack...
giant-jansport-backpack-0.jpg
:p

Well first of all thank you for a nother great competition and to the sponsors for coming on board. Good luck to all.

I will be cleaning out the pico.
Batteries will be fully charged.
1 or 2 of the cCells will be packed.
Will not be taking much more but not forgetting the wallet heheheh because
VapeCon and who goes to vapecon with
all there stuff from home.
Need to support the vendors.

Been getting the pico relaxed and ready for the big day.
:headbang:
20160813_223301.jpg

My prep started over a month ago when I booked my flight, then 2weeks ago when I booked accommodation. Now all I have to do is choose which 3 mods are going with me. Don't wanna go with too much because then I won't have place for everything to come back. Well, Aramex is always an option once my packing prep starts, I'll be sure to check-in on this thread and give a short summary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firstly I'm going to make up some juice for all the buddies I've met on the forum to try.
Then I need to put all the RTAs rdtas and rdas into the ultrasonic for a bit and clean my mods.
After that gonna charge up all the batteries and rebuild all the tanks and rdas.
Then pack everything and not sleep the whole night before vapecon.
The most important thing is selling a few of my organs this week just to get that extra vapecon budget !

I started quit early in the year, being at VapeCon 2015 I saw how rapidly money exchange hands and me being on a low bugged decided I had to make a plan to take advantage of the great offers that will come

THE PLAN: Gain weight so I can at least go a month with minimum food, so I can have money for VapeCon 2016!!

We all know how the people of the east take on a challenge, with so much dedication, so I decided that will be my way

I got myself a headband (to get my being centered) also this is hard work, to keep the sweet out off my eye’s oh and it looks cool.

1037828775543069838.jpg

When @Rob Fisher announced VapeCon 2016 on the 20th April I was well on my way. At 117kg I knew I will be able to go with the minimum food having so much reserves.

hqdefault.jpg

27th July. VapeCon ticket bought, bus ticket bought, Booked a couch in my friends lounge. VapeCon 2016 here I come!!

20160720_135337.jpg

Then it struck me, me wheel chair is just rated to carry a max weight of 97kg. I have a month to lose weight to be able to wheel around with ease and not put strain on my chair.

With @Silver announcing specials left right and center I knew I had to make a plan

**Que Rocky music**

Getting up at 6am for the daily yoga and workout it is really working

hqdefaultdgf.jpg

471855242.jpg

I am pleased to announce I am down or up to 95kg and ready for this

article-0-04C087450000044D-249_634x604.jpg

As for gear:

I am polishing my Reo for stealth vaping on the bus

I am hoping my iStick Pico which I won from Gearbest will be here in time to take with otherwise my trusty IPV D2 will just have to do

Batteries: I am taking 6 x 25R’s with me for the weekend but I am also taking my charger. Lucky it is USB and take the same cable as my phone so I can charge batteries with my laptop if need be.

I will take my full build bag with (you never know)

As for juice I am taking 100ml of my DIY strawberry custard with (love this stuff)

I am sure I am set for this so VapeCon here I come!!

Last edited:
I started quit early in the year, being at VapeCon 2015 I saw how rapidly money exchange hands and me being on a low bugged decided I had to make a plan to take advantage of the great offers that will come

THE PLAN: Gain weight so I can at least go a month with minimum food, so I can have money for VapeCon 2016!!

We all know how the people of the east take on a challenge, with so much dedication, so I decided that will be my way

I got myself a headband (to get my being centered) also this is hard work, to keep the sweet out off my eye’s oh and it looks cool.

When @Rob Fisher announced VapeCon 2016 on the 20th April I was well on my way. At 117kg I knew I will be able to go with the minimum food having so much reserves.

27th July. VapeCon ticket bought, bus ticket bought, Booked a couch in my friends lounge. VapeCon 2016 here I come!!

Then it struck me, me wheel chair is just rated to carry a max weight of 97kg. I have a month to lose weight to be able to wheel around with ease and not put strain on my chair.

With @Silver announcing specials left right and center I knew I had to make a plan

**Que Rocky music**

As for gear:

I am hoping my iStick Pico which I won from Gearbest will be here in time to take with otherwise my trusty IPV D2 will just have to do

Batteries: I am taking 6 x 25R’s with me for the weekend but I am also taking my charger. Lucky it is USB and take the same cable as my phone so I can charge batteries with my laptop if need be.

As for juice I am taking 100ml of my DIY strawberry custard with (love this stuff)

This is the best thing I've read all day !!!!!

I shall be waking up at 4, having a wash, some java, fill up the tvf8 to the brim, pack a extra 30ml of the misses's diy tobacco juice, and heading to work for the financial year end stock take :tmi:

I shall be waking up at 4, having a wash, some java, fill up the tvf8 to the brim, pack a extra 30ml of the misses's diy tobacco juice, and heading to work for the financial year end stock take :tmi:

Oh no, that is just too terrible and sad @Roodt
I cannot believe that bad luck in timing
Maybe things will change...

**Que Rocky music**

As for gear:

@kimbo - that was epic!
Thanks ;-)
Made my day too seeing how much preparations are involved.
Loved the pics - lol

Sadly, i highly doubt it... our financial manager is a bit of a ummmmmm.... not a nice oke.

Well, holding thumbs anyway for the slight possibility of a change
Ah man

Anyway, what time will the stock take finish?
VapeCon should go on till fairly late - official ending time is 7pm
maybe you can pull in after you're done...

Well, holding thumbs anyway for the slight possibility of a change
Ah man

Anyway, what time will the stock take finish?
VapeCon should go on till fairly late - official ending time is 7pm
maybe you can pull in after you're done...
From 6 in the morn till 6 in the eve, friday Saturday and Sunday.

Aahhhhhh! Gotta get my posts number up! Gonna be furiously typing for the next week so I can hit 50 by the comp closing date. This will most likely cause a significant improvement in dexterity which will aid my currently poor coil building technique. Yay!

DSC_0337.JPG
My first avo build...

Unfortunately, this will also lead to a significant decrease in work productivity which may cause me to get fired. This means I will need the free juice in order to feed my growing vaping appetite or free tickets so I can afford brown bread and black coffee till I get a new job.

Trying to vape as economically as possible right now so I can save the money for the specials at vapecon. Considering diluting my juice with "secretly borrowed" vg from a friend. Upside to this is the great juice on special there will taste all the more sweeter.

Last edited:
Tickets for Vapecon - R100
Essential vape supplies for Vapecon - R500
Budget for vapecon - R2000

Having a blast with all my friends from ECIGSSA - priceless

034e8cb94151d0a270c9b192bf31cdd9.jpg

On a serious note , running shoes , fresh coils , fresh wicks and a very empty backpack

I'll be attempting to maximize my flavour in my Avo so I'm prepping like hell trying different builds. I'll also be limiting my vaping to evenings only to avoid vapes tongue since Valley Vapour has made me a DIY addict.

6f0a7d8052148307fc0db8265a738727.jpg

Finally, a way to get some decent liquids

I'm getting my coil building up to standard and mixing flavour as if i know how.
Taking apart everything and cleaning it thoroughly.
Creating Sick thick trick cloud liquid, ready for vape and swap at VapeCon
Setting all the Sigelei settings to prime.
Bought 2 LG HG2's for the big event (Needs to be new and top form)
and THE BIG Preparation ... Trying to convince my girlfriend to join me at vapecon (keeping fingers crossed)..

Will post a pic where i beg my GF haha

If i win this flavour, its definitely in my vapecon bag

@Josh1625

Attachments

• DSC_0040.JPG
    DSC_0040.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC_0041.png
    DSC_0041.png
    79.7 KB · Views: 20
3 more days before this competition comes to an end.

We have had some amazing posts and I'm sure everyone is getting very excited about VapeCon 2016

Vapecon morning is going to be absolute hell for me.

- Wake up nice and early and get my daughter to her 'voortrekkers' team meeting (that's almost like the South African version of scouts). I will be disowned as a father if I even pretend to mention missing it.
- do some low level flying to grannies house to drop said munchkin off with granny for the day so wifey and myself can take the trip up through the biltong curtain.
-get back in the car and do some low level flying up to vapecon, this time trying not to fog the car up too much with the our little picos. Just noticed a mate of mine is going to be there too - @TrueTenacity

It looks like we are going to have to pray that all the specials haven't been sold out by the time we get there.

I'm going to have to find a pack of smokes and sacrifice them to the Vape gods in hope to appease them.

image.jpeg

Shaun's VapeCon 2016 Preparations

Friday night : throw in 2 drippers and 2 tanks into the ultrasonic. Once clean do a flavour build (for testing new juices) and a cloud build in them.

Make sure i have at least 8x fully charged batteries .

Give the minikin and perhaps the ipvd5 a cleanup and pack the 2x rolo's into the boot as spares.

decant 30ml of juice into a unicorn bottle for incase.

Make sure i have an empty backpack which MUST return home full !

Back