eLeaf iJust 2 too harsh

Vwiked

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi Guys, so as mentioned in my introduction I moved from the Twisp after 6 months.
Decided to visit a Vape store yesterday to choose between the iJust 2 and the iStick Pico. I went with the iJust2 as the store only had the Pico in black. I wanted the silver or brushed aluminium.
I am starting to regret my decision already as I find the iJust2 very rough on the throat with no real adjustment available. The flavour also doesn't come through very well.
Is this due to the liquid maybe (store suggested basic fruity flavours to start)? Or am I doing something wrong?
The store setup my unit and primed the coil (0.3), etc. so I trust that is not the issue.
What can I do to enjoy the vape and not get the throat burn? It also feels as though the vape is too hot(if that makes sense).

Also tried changing flavours and it tastes c**p as I still get the mix of old flavour (peach) + menthol + new Pina Colada. I did wash the tank after each flavour added.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

What nicotine content is the juice you are vaping? When moving to an atomizer that has more airflow one usually drops level of nicotine. You can try closing up your airflow a bit. During your transition maybe a higher ohm coil will be better i.e. 0.5ohm

3mg. I did try closing the airflow almost full. Still too hot and burns. Maybe 0 nicotine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, unfortunately one cannot vary the wattage on the iJust2. A higher resistance coil might help, but reports on here is that the 0.3 ohm coil is the best and the 0.5 ohm units does not provide as good a vape.

I wouldn't bother with the 0.5ohm coils on the iJust mod, the battery puts out way to much power for that coil giving an even hotter vape and the 0.5 burns out very quickly.

@Vwiked the flavours you mentioned are some that many people are sensitive to, they may simply be too harsh for you. Maybe try a few dessert or creamier flavours. Sweet Cherry and Gummiberry are quite good if you prefer fruits and aren't as harsh as the ones you're using at the moment.

Thanks guys for the updates. Popped in to another shop now (not sure if I'm allowed to name?). Guys were very helpful. Replaced the coil and put in some Scream. I opted for the 0 nicotine as they only had 0&6. It's perfect now. I suppose those liquids were rubbish. Had to take a 100ml as they had no 30ml. Also purchased the Debbie does doughnuts (haven't tried yet).
Only problem I have is that I'm missing the "rush" now. Lol.

Hi,

When I moved from my Twisp Aero to the Toptank mini I also had problems with throat hit and taste (and coughing). What I did was go to 1ohm coils until I was used to the new device and airflow etc. After 2 or 3 weeks I started experimenting with the lower ohm coils and all is going great.
Maybe give it a try.

Hi,

When I moved from my Twisp Aero to the Toptank mini I also had problems with throat hit and taste (and coughing). What I did was go to 1ohm coils until I was used to the new device and airflow etc. After 2 or 3 weeks I started experimenting with the lower ohm coils and all is going great.
Maybe give it a try.

That sounds like a great suggestion. I think I'm ok now with the 0.30. Think it's just the nicotine content that is affecting me. With the Scream (0), I have no issues. Just miss the rush. Maybe I need a drink

That sounds like a great suggestion. I think I'm ok now with the 0.30. Think it's just the nicotine content that is affecting me. With the Scream (0), I have no issues. Just miss the rush. Maybe I need a drink
emoji23.png

Have a whiskey with that 3mg nic juice. Gonna be very nice then :p

Will give it a try tonight and report back. Frikkie what kit are you using if I may ask? And what juice you find to be the best?

Just an idea, if the nic level is the issue, you can cut it with the same flavour in 0 nic . . . Eg. half 3mg half 0mg = 1.5mg . Goodluck!

Alternatively you could also add nicotine to 0mg juice or cut with vg/pg but wouldn't recommend that at this stage

Will give it a try tonight and report back. Frikkie what kit are you using if I may ask? And what juice you find to be the best?

I am using an RX200 with an IJoy Tornado tank primarily as it's my only mod lol. Make my juices myself (single to dual flavors only). Don't have the moola to buy name brands the whole time as my tank is a thirsty bugger. but mainly mix my juices with 1mg to 3mg nicotine depending on the flavor.

Just an idea, if the nic level is the issue, you can cut it with the same flavour in 0 nic . . . Eg. half 3mg half 0mg = 1.5mg . Goodluck!

Also a great suggestion. Thank you.
Being an ex smoker for 5+ so months, I still feel the need for a replacement more than just a Vape. When I stopped smoking, I was on the Marlboro blue ice, hence I'm always looking for something with the menthol/fresh taste and some nicotine.

What do you suggest as the best menthol/fresh liquid?

I am using an RX200 with an IJoy Tornado tank primarily as it's my only mod lol. Make my juices myself (single to dual flavors only). Don't have the moola to buy name brands the whole time as my tank is a thirsty bugger. but mainly mix my juices with 1mg to 3mg nicotine depending on the flavor.

Sounds like a good setup.
I just spent R530 on liquid now which I did not intend buying . Purely becoz the rubbish I bought yesterday was hurting my throat. I am going to give the DIY a try soon as I do agree that the off the shelf liquid is rather pricey. This was also 1 of the reasons I gave up smoking cigs.

Im in the same boat as @Frikkie6000 , a high powered set up with a thirsty tank, also mixing my own juice at 2mg and honestly have not bought "brand" flavours for 3 months, but minty fresh flavours are plentiful, im sure every vape shop will stock some variety of mint/spearmint/menthol wich sounds ideal for your needs :)

Im in the same boat as @Frikkie6000 , a high powered set up with a thirsty tank, also mixing my own juice at 2mg and honestly have not bought "brand" flavours for 3 months, but minty fresh flavours are plentiful, im sure every vape shop will stock some variety of mint/spearmint/menthol wich sounds ideal for your needs :)

I hear you. However spending R130/150 a pop to try out flavors you don't like ain't economical. Hence I thought I find out what you guys think is best menthol.

If you looking for a nice creamy mint

Creme de Menthe( TFA) 7%
Koolada (TFA) 1%
Menthol 0.5%

2 drops Sweetener for every 10ml

Has a background taste of Mint Cream but with a cool touch. Very fresh taste and a medium/strong throat kick

When you get into DIY try this one for a smooth minty menthol.

Sounds like a good setup.
I just spent R530 on liquid now which I did not intend buying
emoji15.png
. Purely becoz the rubbish I bought yesterday was hurting my throat. I am going to give the DIY a try soon as I do agree that the off the shelf liquid is rather pricey. This was also 1 of the reasons I gave up smoking cigs.

With mixing your own liquid you are gonna save a lot and the beauty apart from saving money is you can mix it to your liking

With mixing your own liquid you are gonna save a lot and the beauty apart from saving money is you can mix it to your liking

Will touch base with you when I'm ready to start. Is it difficult? Do you needs lots of supplies? Is there a starter kit available ?

3mg. I did try closing the airflow almost full. Still too hot and burns. Maybe 0 nicotine?

try a 0.5ohm coil i had exactly the same issue and changing to a 0.5ohm coil it really helped its way cooler and not harsh at all

Back