iStick-basic-kit-10.jpg

iStick-basic-kit-02.jpg
iStick-basic-kit-13.jpg
iStick-basic-kit-05.jpg
iStick-basic-kit-14.jpg

Grimm Green gives a first impression on it at the 1:02:32 mark:

Interesting
Thanks for posting @DoubleD
So it looks like an "all in one" design - but with a removable atomiser?
Havent watched the video yet

Ah, perfect for new vapers who are not looking at the hobby aspect - and there are many of those.

I like the look, but not the magnets in the current path.
Heating a magnet, even a powerfull neo with render it a useless expensive ceramic paperweight.
True, it wont be immediately, but Im thinking possibly in the long run those magnets are going to start loosing their grip creating greater resistance and possibly more heat.

Taken from https://www.kjmagnetics.com/blog.asp?p=temperature-and-neodymium-magnets
Depending on the shape (flat disc more susceptible) above 80°C, the magnet begins to irreversibly demagnetize.

Interesting
Thanks for posting @DoubleD
So it looks like an "all in one" design - but with a removable atomiser?
Havent watched the video yet

You are spot on, its an all in one design with a removable tank. There's no setting or anything like that, fill the tank and vape.
I think it will be perfect for the smokers that feel vaping is a bit 'gadgety', for instance, like my dad. Hell, its even great for the newbie that has no idea what vaping is :nod:

Heating a magnet, even a powerfull neo with render it a useless expensive ceramic paperweight.
True, it wont be immediately, but Im thinking possibly in the long run those magnets are going to start loosing their grip creating greater resistance and possibly more heat.

Taken from https://www.kjmagnetics.com/blog.asp?p=temperature-and-neodymium-magnets

I agree with you but I also doubt this product will be used so much, that this will become an issue. Like most new vapers do, once you get the 'hook in' and the newbie is enjoying vaping, they soon want to upgrade to a more advanced setup. IMO Eleaf targeted the 'New Comer' with flying colors over here. Simple to use and compact design. Looks like a winner to me :rock:

what makes you think the magnet would reach 80 degrees?.

@DoubleD im just going on how kanger build quality is superior. No doubt this would be a good device for converts.

@DoubleD im just going on how kanger build quality is superior. No doubt this would be a good device for converts.

Exactly my point. On price alone, the iStick Basic makes more sense for the new converts. This is by no means an advanced device, there are no setting what so ever. I think its great :)

Exactly my point. On price alone, the iStick Basic makes more sense for the new converts. This is by no means an advanced device, there are no setting what so ever. I think its great :)
well when you put it like that... Sounds pretty cool.

what makes you think the magnet would reach 80 degrees?.
I didnt, thats the temp for irreversible magnetism degrade.
Im thinking a longer period at say 45 degrees might have an adverse effect.
On principle I just dislike using magnets for electrical connections, especially high amp ones like vapers do.

My dad sold speakers and I can tell you those magnets could get hotter than 45 degrees.

Been using one for about a week now, great device for mouth to lung, uncomplicated and the magnet attached atomiser works a treat. Atomiser is much like the old GS Air with slightly better air flow and performs about the same even with the new 0.75 Ohm coil.

Battery life is really good and so is the fit and finish.

Battery life indicator is not the greatest but not impossibly hard to use.

Conclusion - great choice for a cigarette smoker's first device. Same price bracket as the Ijust2 but not a cloud machine by any means and definitely more compact.

I see that eleaf has finally realised that their "red" has been Hot Pink all this time :D

Been using one for about a week now, great device for mouth to lung, uncomplicated and the magnet attached atomiser works a treat. Atomiser is much like the old GS Air with slightly better air flow and performs about the same even with the new 0.75 Ohm coil.

Battery life is really good and so is the fit and finish.

Battery life indicator is not the greatest but not impossibly hard to use.

Conclusion - great choice for a cigarette smoker's first device. Same price bracket as the Ijust2 but not a cloud machine by any means and definitely more compact.
Just wanted to know if you have experienced any problems with the iStick Basic since you started using in in December 2015.
Also, have you tried any other coils (1.2 / 1.5 ohm) with the device and how it worked.
Would also appreciate comments from other users of the iStick Baisc with the 14mm GS Air 2 atomizer.

I see that eleaf has finally realised that their "red" has been Hot Pink all this time :D
@BumbleBee slightly very off topic. Just seen the caption under your name... Guess what, I went to drink water ;)

Just wanted to know if you have experienced any problems with the iStick Basic since you started using in in December 2015.
Also, have you tried any other coils (1.2 / 1.5 ohm) with the device and how it worked.
Would also appreciate comments from other users of the iStick Baisc with the 14mm GS Air 2 atomizer.

Unfortunately mine packed up after posting here, somewhere in Feb as I recall. At that time the AIOs became available and it seems to fill the requirement for a MTL better.

Unfortunately mine packed up after posting here, somewhere in Feb as I recall. At that time the AIOs became available and it seems to fill the requirement for a MTL better.
That's disappointing - only about 3 months of use before packing up. I was under the impression that Eleaf makes quality stuff, but 3 months is ridiculous.
Was thinking about getting me one of these since the reviews I've read said that it has a very tight draw - I only gave up smoking about 2.5 months ago and still need the cigarette-like pull and TH. Tried the AIO but it was too airy for me even on its most closed setting with a 1ohm coil (standard coil is 0.6ohm).
Has anyone else had a similar bad experience ? Please post your experiences with this device.

Last edited:
I had one, @ddk1979
I didn't like it at first. I couldn't get the airflow right.
After I bought me a Kangertech subox nano, I got used to the more airy draw. I sometimes used my Twisp tank in the iStick basic. It slides in smoothly, works well with the adapter included.
I gave the iStick to my son, as I prefer the subox.

I had one, @ddk1979
I didn't like it at first. I couldn't get the airflow right.
After I bought me a Kangertech subox nano, I got used to the more airy draw. I sometimes used my Twisp tank in the iStick basic. It slides in smoothly, works well with the adapter included.
I gave the iStick to my son, as I prefer the subox.
Thanks @AniDey .
Now that you've mentioned the airflow, it got me thinking that it must be pretty awkward adjusting the airflow when the whole thing is inside the mod ?

Thanks @AniDey .
Now that you've mentioned the airflow, it got me thinking that it must be pretty awkward adjusting the airflow when the whole thing is inside the mod ?

Ive never tried this device before but what got me off cigs was the eleaf istick tc40w kit (with the gs tank) not airy at all.

I first tried my sister's subox mini with subtank before i bought my device and didnt like the draw at all.

Eleaf GS tank for the win to get off cigs.

Ive never tried this device before but what got me off cigs was the eleaf istick tc40w kit (with the gs tank) not airy at all.

I first tried my sister's subox mini with subtank before i bought my device and didnt like the draw at all.

Eleaf GS tank for the win to get off cigs.
I agree with you on that. Tried a GS tank the other day. It's a fairly tight draw. Pretty similar to a cigarette if that's what you're after

Back