Epipe

Hi, I have a Smok Guardian Sub Kit, the faux wood grain version. I'm in Benoni.

@Rayngriffon don't waste your time with e-pipes that will fail. Order something proper directly from http://limelightmechanics.com/product-category/epipe/ I have one (Purple Orchid) for about 2 years now (courtesy of some awesome members on this forum) - use it almost daily and not one hick-up to date. If you don't want to import yourself, I'm sure @Oupa from Vapour Mountain will assist as he used to stock Limelight Mechanics' products. PS: It comes with a lifetime guarantee.

Last edited:
Thank you very @ johan. VM actually does have stock of 1 limelight pipe called the windchime. Benji however told me that it is more a show piece. Is this because of the battery size perhaps (1830)? Now that you say you use yours daily I will take another look. I do think theyre beautiful. Thanks again.

Thank you very @ johan. VM actually does have stock of 1 limelight pipe called the windchime. Benji however told me that it is more a show piece. Is this because of the battery size perhaps (1830)? Now that you say you use yours daily I will take another look. I do think theyre beautiful. Thanks again.

Don't know why he said "showpiece". I have the one using 18500 size batteries.

Also not sure. Will chat again to Benji tomorrow. The price is very good. Is the limelighgt pipe esentially a mech mod? Im a bit afraid of those.. (I use reos but love the safety spring as ive shorted it twice!).

Also not sure. Will chat again to Benji tomorrow. The price is very good. Is the limelighgt pipe esentially a mech mod? Im a bit afraid of those.. (I use reos but love the safety spring as ive shorted it twice!).

Yes it is a mechanical device, but if your coils on your RTA connected to the e-pipe is within the limits of your battery specifications you have zero to fear, BTW I'm a Reo fanboy. You will not build coils on your RTA using the e-pipe as a base, its just not practical, build them on your Reo and then when all is ok, screw the RTA onto the e-pipe.

Thank you. Wish the windchime was an 18500. But the smok gaurdian 2 is also a 18350 so at least I have the batteries. What rda/rta do you use on the limelight?

Used to employ a Russian 99% RTA that I received with the e-pipe, but over time the leaking just got too much. Moved over to my old trusty Protank III, but the juice volume is extremely limited. At the minute I am using an authentic Kayfun Mini 3 (not impressed) - searching for something better ATM, but seems like most modern RTA's are geared towards the DLH style vapers, which I'm not.

Hi. Thank you. In fact today some limelight pipe stems arrived from VM. They so beautifully made I phoned benji and am going to order the windchime pipe. Interesting that you are not impressed with the kayfun v3. I just got a clone and now want the original!

Hi @johan . Today I recieved a purple orchid 18500 epipe in the mail! Benji of VM worked miricles and I am very grateful for your suggesrtion and his brilliant help. This pipe is top quality and I look forward to getting more experience and comparing some notes soon...Thank again.

Hi @Floki . Great news that that you got your pipe out the closet! I am so impressed by this orchid. It is such a wonderful vape and feel perfect in the hand. Not sure how to clean a button...I did speak to Benji yesterday and they do have some fusion buttons in stock which are also nice...

Hi @Floki . Great news that that you got your pipe out the closet! I am so impressed by this orchid. It is such a wonderful vape and feel perfect in the hand. Not sure how to clean a button...I did speak to Benji yesterday and they do have some fusion buttons in stock which are also nice...
I saw they had the buttons, but R.500 is a bit rich for me. I will just clean mine. Lol.
I still have my Russian on it, but want to get another Ammit to use on it. I really like single coils.
I've been a bit out of the vaping game for a while, hence the Russian. At least it's been 3 years without smoking and that's a good thing!
I will have a look at the Kayfun 5 mini. I'm sure it will be much beter than the first kayfun mini. That thing was TINY.

Congratulations @Ryangriffon, looks absolutely stunning.

@Floki to open the button (I had to do it, because the wooden center part swelled due to the high humidity in Ireland and caused the button press to be footery):

1. Take off the button
2. Turn upside down
3. Hold the aluminum outer part in one hand and unscrew the insulated plastic part (counter clockwise).
4. Be careful with the internal magnets, they are extremely brittle (I broke one and replaced the 2 magnets with a spring).

Congratulations @Ryangriffon, looks absolutely stunning.

@Floki to open the button (I had to do it, because the wooden center part swelled due to the high humidity in Ireland and caused the button press to be footery):

1. Take off the button
2. Turn upside down
3. Hold the aluminum outer part in one hand and unscrew the insulated plastic part (counter clockwise).
4. Be careful with the internal magnets, they are extremely brittle (I broke one and replaced the 2 magnets with a spring).
@johan thank you so much! My white insulator is actually loose. I think I might have a bit of a problem, but now that I know how it is put together I can figure it out. Informative as always!
P.S. Your avatar made me sad today, but also happy.

@Floki, apologies if my avatar caused any sadness, believe you me, it's with a fun and happy attitude.

Surely some plumbers tape (aka PTFE tape) around the plastic insulator's thread should sort the "looseness" out.

BTW watched series 4 episode 19 of Vikings last night and Floki kicked some serious ass in Wessex ;).

Back