FreeMaX autopod50 The Iron Mike?

Jean claude Vaaldamme

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
The autopod50 was send to me by @FreeMax for my thoughts.

Untitled.jpg
In the box you will get a charge cable, 0.25ohm and 0.5ohm coils, the pod and the mod
It comes in a few different colors
KDd1B3m.jpg
The basic specs
Battery 2000mah
Pod 4ml
Type C 2A fast charge
Voltage output 0.7V-7.7V
Watts 5-50watts

If you want to read the finer detail here is link https://www.freemaxvape.com/autopod50-pod-mod-kit/

The Star of the show
IMG_4883.jpg

The worlds first dual mesh coil. And isn't it amazing. I will talk later on use and flavor. If you look at it, see there is cotton around each coil, then around everything, more cotton. And yes that means no leaking. I have used the same coil for almost 3 week and still not one drop leaked.
IMG_4886.jpg
You get a airflow ring with that screws at the bottom of the coil and then you can just push all into the pod. It is great to set your airflow as you like, although with the 0.25 coil you will probably have it close to fully open.
Make sure you don't throw away the airflow ring with your old coil, as new coils don't come with it.

The experience
So first the looks. It really looks good. Ok I'm not a surfer boy so mine's color is not really to my liking, would prefer the black/gunmetal one. It is very tiny for a pod with a 2000mah battery.
It is simple to use, you switch it on and vape. You can lock it, there is a puff counter and you can set your watts. That about it, nothing fancy, just pure joy.
I know they say its a pod mod, but for me its just a pod, don't know why pod mod.
The 2000mah battery is huge for a pod. But with the 0.25ohm coil don't expect a full days vape if you chain vape. Charging with the 2A type C charger is however fast, just over an hour.

Filling the pod is easy, just pull pod out, pull up silicon sleeve and fill.

The flavor on these dual mesh coils, is what this device is about. Flavor for days and even the cloud chasers can make there mark with a pod. I must admit that I'm not a direct lung vaper and the 0.25ohm coil is just to strong for me, on 27-30watts with airflow a bit restricted I can manage, but man airflow open, 40-50watts and it blows your socks off. The flavor is just to intense for me, feels like you sucking on your juice bottle. 0.5ohm on lower watts is just perfect for me, still the most intense flavor.

The negatives
Not really much. The pod is a bit dark and can be difficult to see juice level, even if you hold it in the light.
The mod is made of metal but the insert with the screen is plastic. This part is loose and has about 1mm play on it, so not only can you move it around if your finger is on it, it also makes a hollow plastic sound when you tap on it.
IMG_48772.jpg

The verdict
There is nothing like it. You will not find another pod that can give you this flavor. In fact you will struggle to find any device that can give you this flavor. Freemax is known for flavor, but with this they have just raised the bar so much higher. Don't worry about a dual coil rda, with triple clapton aliens and taking 2 days to get the wicking right. This you just pop in a coil fill it up and it will still probably beat the rda. Yes you not going to stealth vape with it, yes your battery will just last a few hours.
This is the Mike Tyson of pods(maybe of all devices). Yes it has a flaw or two, but there is not much out there that can beat it.

I just cant believe SA vendors don't stock more Freemax stuff. This is an utter shame for most of us that will not taste these flavor beasts

Thanks @Jean claude Vaaldamme
Great write up and pics!!
Sounds amazing and easy
I like the 2000mah batt

Tell me is this good for MTL using the 0.5 ohm coil? Or is it still more for direct lung?

Thanks @Jean claude Vaaldamme
Great write up and pics!!
Sounds amazing and easy
I like the 2000mah batt

Tell me is this good for MTL using the 0.5 ohm coil? Or is it still more for direct lung?
HEHE. No with this you not going to mtl. Yes with 0.5ohm you can restrict it with lower watts, but its a fine line not to burn the coil if you restrict to much. And these coils can last long, they claim on the box 30-40 refills, and I will not argue with that, its just in another league compared to other coils for flavor and longevity.

A really nice write up of a fairly interesting device that doesn't look exactly like all the others. I suspect one of these may be joining my collection of boxy boxes.

All freemax mesh coils produce amazing flavour.

I used these for about a year.

They came out about two years ago and are still good by today's standards.

9640028-3.jpg

Not my favourite pod device but it's up there. Definitely gives the best flavour and coil longevity out of any pod mod/AIO device, not just mesh sub-ohm coil flavour but Freemax mesh sub-ohm flavour!

Being very active on the forum in regard getting their products reviewed can't @FreeMax link up with a couple of the forum suppliers and get their products much more available is South Africa!

The autopod50 was send to me by @FreeMax for my thoughts.

View attachment 205984
In the box you will get a charge cable, 0.25ohm and 0.5ohm coils, the pod and the mod
It comes in a few different colors
View attachment 205985
The basic specs
Battery 2000mah
Pod 4ml
Type C 2A fast charge
Voltage output 0.7V-7.7V
Watts 5-50watts

If you want to read the finer detail here is link https://www.freemaxvape.com/autopod50-pod-mod-kit/

The Star of the show
View attachment 205986

The worlds first dual mesh coil. And isn't it amazing. I will talk later on use and flavor. If you look at it, see there is cotton around each coil, then around everything, more cotton. And yes that means no leaking. I have used the same coil for almost 3 week and still not one drop leaked.
View attachment 205988
You get a airflow ring with that screws at the bottom of the coil and then you can just push all into the pod. It is great to set your airflow as you like, although with the 0.25 coil you will probably have it close to fully open.
Make sure you don't throw away the airflow ring with your old coil, as new coils don't come with it.

The experience
So first the looks. It really looks good. Ok I'm not a surfer boy so mine's color is not really to my liking, would prefer the black/gunmetal one. It is very tiny for a pod with a 2000mah battery.
It is simple to use, you switch it on and vape. You can lock it, there is a puff counter and you can set your watts. That about it, nothing fancy, just pure joy.
I know they say its a pod mod, but for me its just a pod, don't know why pod mod.
The 2000mah battery is huge for a pod. But with the 0.25ohm coil don't expect a full days vape if you chain vape. Charging with the 2A type C charger is however fast, just over an hour.

Filling the pod is easy, just pull pod out, pull up silicon sleeve and fill.

The flavor on these dual mesh coils, is what this device is about. Flavor for days and even the cloud chasers can make there mark with a pod. I must admit that I'm not a direct lung vaper and the 0.25ohm coil is just to strong for me, on 27-30watts with airflow a bit restricted I can manage, but man airflow open, 40-50watts and it blows your socks off. The flavor is just to intense for me, feels like you sucking on your juice bottle. 0.5ohm on lower watts is just perfect for me, still the most intense flavor.

The negatives
Not really much. The pod is a bit dark and can be difficult to see juice level, even if you hold it in the light.
The mod is made of metal but the insert with the screen is plastic. This part is loose and has about 1mm play on it, so not only can you move it around if your finger is on it, it also makes a hollow plastic sound when you tap on it.
View attachment 205989

The verdict
There is nothing like it. You will not find another pod that can give you this flavor. In fact you will struggle to find any device that can give you this flavor. Freemax is known for flavor, but with this they have just raised the bar so much higher. Don't worry about a dual coil rda, with triple clapton aliens and taking 2 days to get the wicking right. This you just pop in a coil fill it up and it will still probably beat the rda. Yes you not going to stealth vape with it, yes your battery will just last a few hours.
This is the Mike Tyson of pods(maybe of all devices). Yes it has a flaw or two, but there is not much out there that can beat it.

I just cant believe SA vendors don't stock more Freemax stuff. This is an utter shame for most of us that will not taste these flavor beasts
Choo Choo HYPE TRAIN!

Choo Choo HYPE TRAIN!
Bro, this is not a hype train. This is a Gravy Train delivering the goods.
I had no issues whatsoever with the one I have received and scoring the fill counter with double the amount of refills still produces better flavour than an RTA/RDA.
I know that there is two @FreeMax partners in S.A. and @Vapeking is one of them.cant recall the other ,think it's @vaperite, not sure
[USER=64]@Silver
it is capable of MTL with either coil and the airflow is adjustable to a full stop. So MTL draw can be dialed in perfectly.
Your verdict is spot on @Jean claude Vaaldamme nice review mate![/USER]

Last edited:
Back