Friends Gen S got a facelift..

Angelskeeper

Vape Enthusiast
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
So a friend of mine bought her Gen S about the same time I got mine, last year Nov/Dec.
Now mine, after 4 months, looked as if it was 4yrs old. Never been dropped, never man-handled, but the paint on the device was just disappearing... it started with the fire button, the paint wore off completely, and then progressed to the rest of the mod.
Mine, unfortunately fell victim to affirmative shopping so I didn't get to do anything about it.

My friend showed me hers the other day, and lo and behold, same story... white fire button, and the paint coming off all over the mod.
So I offered to paint it for her.

Finally, after taking almost 2 weeks to decide what colour she'd like it done, I got handed the device and got told she wants blue and yellow..... ( of course she wants blue and yellow, why would she ever make life simple? Lmao! )
Luckily for me, she wanted the buttons to blend in with the rest of it, so that meant a quick masking job, and not having to take the whole thing apart.

After cleaning off the remaining paint, giving it all a good clean after that, and a quick masking job, it was ready to paint.

1st I gave it a coat of white to help the colours 'pop' better, and to avoid the grey from coming through the yellow and dulling the blue.
Once that was dry, I started with the blue, and then sprayed the yellow....
Once those were all dried, I gave it a once over with some clear lacquer just to help protect the paint a bit more.

Below are some pics...
My friend is loving the new look.
What do you think?

(and yes, the colours going in opposite directions on the sides was fully intended.)

7082.jpg 7082 (1).jpg 7081.jpg 7082 (3).jpg 7097.jpg 7097 (2).jpg 7098.jpg 7097 (1).jpg

good job, like the way it was charging while getting a new dress

why not

So a quick follow up on the Gen S that I painted for my friend.....
It came back to me today, (no, not because of the paintwork, thats still all good) as she is having problems with it.

The fire button, though still working, is not clickey anymore at all and when pressed, you cant even feel if its pressing the switch below it or not. Only evidence you have that it's working, is the display and the atty firing.

Problem no.2, is it has started giving "check atomiser" messages.

After opening the mod and looking at the fire button, its the switch/button on the pcb itself that has lost the will to be clickey. Its soft and gives no response to being pushed, i.e you cant hear it being pushed and theres no resistance in it when pushed whereas you can feel the other buttons being pushed.

The "check atomiser" messages, are due to the positive pin in the 510 connector being pushed in from use, theres no spring loaded anything in the 510 connector, its just a rubber "grommet" that holds it in place. After pushing it back up, the problem has stopped, however I can see and know that it wont be long before it craps out again.

Is this typical Gen / Gen S behaviour?
Or is her Gen S a lemon? Or just luck of the draw?

Anyone else having same/similar issues with theirs?

So a quick follow up on the Gen S that I painted for my friend.....
It came back to me today, (no, not because of the paintwork, thats still all good) as she is having problems with it.

The fire button, though still working, is not clickey anymore at all and when pressed, you cant even feel if its pressing the switch below it or not. Only evidence you have that it's working, is the display and the atty firing.

Problem no.2, is it has started giving "check atomiser" messages.

After opening the mod and looking at the fire button, its the switch/button on the pcb itself that has lost the will to be clickey. Its soft and gives no response to being pushed, i.e you cant hear it being pushed and theres no resistance in it when pushed whereas you can feel the other buttons being pushed.

The "check atomiser" messages, are due to the positive pin in the 510 connector being pushed in from use, theres no spring loaded anything in the 510 connector, its just a rubber "grommet" that holds it in place. After pushing it back up, the problem has stopped, however I can see and know that it wont be long before it craps out again.

Is this typical Gen / Gen S behaviour?
Or is her Gen S a lemon? Or just luck of the draw?

Anyone else having same/similar issues with theirs?

Thats par for the course with the cheap tactile switches, I've replaced one of my mods 4 times. The ones from the electronics store(Yebo electronics) arent much better.
Strange they just used a grommet, my OG gen definitely has a spring, perhaps its a cost cutting exercise. :(

Back