HELLVAPE DEAD RABBIT R TANK - Review

There's a problem with ABSA online transactions... I'm not sure whether my transaction went through or not. I received a receipt from vaperite but their website says transaction failed :mad: Now, the wait!

Mine showed that Vaperite was awaiting payment.

After about an hour it now shows payment completed.

I'd like to hear some "one liner" report backs from the SA forum members who've had the opportunity to try out these new R tanks :)... specifically in the grey area of "loose MTL / tight DL", and the power levels used :)

I'd like to hear some "one liner" report backs from the SA forum members who've had the opportunity to try out these new R tanks :)... specifically in the grey area of "loose MTL / tight DL", and the power levels used :)

That will be exactly my aim for Mrs Chuck Norris Lungs... holding thumbs and will let you know.

... and tension mounts as Cape Town and Durban deliveries enter the penultimate stage together ... who will be the winner ... :giggle:

IMG_20211025_105414.jpg

Firstly, thanks to @Timwis for his review of the Dead Rabbit R which piqued my interest.

I am not doing a review, just my initial reaction.

Full disclosure, I fu&*ed up the first build. It was my own fault, I thought that one of the legs was slightly bent but followed the Jeremy Clarkson school of logic and asked myself what could possibly go wrong? The mod initially read the coil but stopped soon thereafter.

The second build was very easy. It took about the same time to build as a SMRT coil but I am used to those and I'm sure that, given a bit of time, it will be quicker to build on the DR.

I convinced myself that the flavour/taste was even better than that of the SMRT Coil but all new mesh coils are great. In reality, it is probably very similar.

My reason for buying the DR is the following advantages over the Voopoo PnP Tank. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, here it is.
images

The DR holds 5ml and 6.5ml with the bubble glass whereas the Voopoo holds 4.5ml.
The DR is top-fill with a quarter turn, and the Voopoo tank is bottom fill with one of those annoying silicone plugs.
The DR is SS and glass whereas the Voopoo Tank is SS and PCTG. (Perhaps this is also a negative because the glass could break)
The DR has a removable drip tip.
IMO the DR looks nicer but this isn't a big plus for me although it may be for you.
The DR should be easier to build with fewer bits and pieces to get lost.
The replacement coils for the DR are stupidly cheap at R 6 each whereas the SMRT Coils cost around R 11. This isn't a real factor because R 11 per coil is also very reasonable.
I can't comment on whether the DR coils leak but some vapers say that they have had issues with the SMRT Coils. I do get condensation on the SMRT Coils but you have to remove the tank to fill it and all it requires is a quick wipe.

One issue which may arise with the DR is that the coil wrapping tool comes with the tank. If you lose it I don't know if replacements are available. The SMRT Coil provides a new coil tool with each coil kit that you buy. The DR tool is plastic whereas the SMRT tool is SS.

For me the biggest advantage of the DR is the top-fill.

I'm looking forward to finding out how other members have experienced the DR.

If anyone has any questions just ask.

View attachment 242322

Firstly, thanks to @Timwis for his review of the Dead Rabbit R which piqued my interest.

I am not doing a review, just my initial reaction.

Full disclosure, I fu&*ed up the first build. It was my own fault, I thought that one of the legs was slightly bent but followed the Jeremy Clarkson school of logic and asked myself what could possibly go wrong? The mod initially read the coil but stopped soon thereafter.

The second build was very easy. It took about the same time to build as a SMRT coil but I am used to those and I'm sure that, given a bit of time, it will be quicker to build on the DR.

I convinced myself that the flavour/taste was even better than that of the SMRT Coil but all new mesh coils are great. In reality, it is probably very similar.

My reason for buying the DR is the following advantages over the Voopoo PnP Tank. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, here it is.
images

The DR holds 5ml and 6.5ml with the bubble glass whereas the Voopoo holds 4.5ml.
The DR is top-fill with a quarter turn, and the Voopoo tank is bottom fill with one of those annoying silicone plugs.
The DR is SS and glass whereas the Voopoo Tank is SS and PCTG. (Perhaps this is also a negative because the glass could break)
The DR has a removable drip tip.
IMO the DR looks nicer but this isn't a big plus for me although it may be for you.
The DR should be easier to build with fewer bits and pieces to get lost.
The replacement coils for the DR are stupidly cheap at R 6 each whereas the SMRT Coils cost around R 11. This isn't a real factor because R 11 per coil is also very reasonable.
I can't comment on whether the DR coils leak but some vapers say that they have had issues with the SMRT Coils. I do get condensation on the SMRT Coils but you have to remove the tank to fill it and all it requires is a quick wipe.

One issue which may arise with the DR is that the coil wrapping tool comes with the tank. If you lose it I don't know if replacements are available. The SMRT Coil provides a new coil tool with each coil kit that you buy. The DR tool is plastic whereas the SMRT tool is SS.

For me the biggest advantage of the DR is the top-fill.

I'm looking forward to finding out how other members have experienced the DR.

If anyone has any questions just ask.
Watching closely.

Will be interesting to see if the pnp smrt mesh will work in this.

Right now as a pnp user I can't wait to find an alternative with top fill and where you can use your own drip tip.
Finally this RTA could be the answer.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

Will the smrt coil tool not work with this

Yes, with a bit of alterations:

Left is R Coil, right is SMRT Coil, thus you'll have to trim the legs shorter and use the SMRT rod to wrap the cotton. For that you will also then need more cotton as your coil diameter will be smaller than that of the R Coil.

20211025_223635.jpg

Thanks for that...
SMRT looks shorter in width.

Given the cheaper cost of the rabbit coils it's a no brainer to get them right from the outset.
My only concern would be stock availability of the rabbit coil kits going forward

Yes, with a bit of alterations:

Left is R Coil, right is SMRT Coil, thus you'll have to trim the legs shorter and use the SMRT rod to wrap the cotton. For that you will also then need more cotton as your coil diameter will be smaller than that of the R Coil.

View attachment 242381
Maybe when @Puff the Magic Dragon thought better flavour was just placebo due to it being new so willing it to be was incorrect and it does give better flavour looking at those two mesh coils, much more surface area with the R Tank Mesh!

Maybe when @Puff the Magic Dragon thought better flavour was just placebo due to it being new so willing it to be was incorrect and it does give better flavour looking at those two mesh coils, much more surface area with the R Tank Mesh!

For your info: Nexmesh comes in three varieties (extreme, turbo, and chill)

Screenshot 2021-10-26 062829.jpg Screenshot 2021-10-26 062732.jpg Screenshot 2021-10-26 062658.jpg

@DarthBranMuffin showed us the R Coil and the Nexmesh Chill which is the last pic above.

I agree, insanely cheap. R 6.00 per coil. A similar Voopoo PnP Coil costs R 60.00. This represents a 90% saving. Even higher than their claimed 75% saving. Based on SA prices.

The Wotofo CMRT Coils are R 11.00 per coil and I still consider them to be cheap.
Got me a coil pack as well and another on order, still trying to get e decent japanese cotton to rewick

Absolute winner!!! I'm loving it... it's beating the Intake single in terms of flavour but boy this thing is loud even with the AF cut to 40%

20211028_212339.jpg 20211028_212826.jpg

Back