Archive Home Theatre- Sony BDV-690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clouds4Days

For the love of the cloud
LV

Awards
Item being sold:Sony Home Theater system (Blu-Ray (3D))
Model No: BDV-690
5.1ch surround sound
4x tall boy
1x center
1x sub
1x consol
1x remote

All in prestine condition, selling as i no longer need it and upgrading.

Throwing in a couple of dvd titles and blu ray titles in the deal. (All titles Authentic)

Selling Price
: R3000

Condition
: 8.5/10

Age of the item
: 4 years

Location of item
: Johannesburg Meyersdal

Delivery/Collection
: Both but delivery on buyer

Reason
: Upgrading

Whole system pic taken off the net
images-8.jpg

Pic of actual items

20180403_194727.jpg

20180403_194712.jpg

20180403_194645.jpg

20180403_194638.jpg

20180403_194630.jpg

20180403_194808.jpg

20180403_194829.jpg

20180405_190425.jpg

Attachments

• 20180403_194829.jpg
    20180403_194829.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20180403_194808.jpg
    20180403_194808.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20180403_194727.jpg
    20180403_194727.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20180403_194712.jpg
    20180403_194712.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Item being sold:Sony Home Theater system (Blu-Ray (3D))
5.1ch surround sound
5x tall boy
1x center
1x sub
1x consol
1x remote

All in prestine condition, selling as i no longer need it and upgrading.

Throwing in a couple of dvd titles and blu ray titles in the deal. (All titles Authentic)

Selling Price
: R3000

Condition
: 8.5/10

Age of the item
: 4 years

Location of item
: Johannesburg Meyersdal

Delivery/Collection
: Both but delivery on buyer

Reason
: Upgrading

Whole system pic taken off the net
View attachment 128098

Pic of actual items

View attachment 128106

View attachment 128107

View attachment 128108

View attachment 128109

View attachment 128110

View attachment 128105

View attachment 128104

View attachment 128103
Upgrading or getting funds for a limelight gloom purchase? :D

If you don't mind a discussion here, I'm thinking of getting one of these...
http://newworld.co.za/product/denon...network-av-receiver-with-wi-fi-and-bluetooth/

Any thoughts?
Why would you chose a sound bar over a proper system?

Yeah no stress my bud.

My folks have a Denon Reciever thats been serving them well for about 12 years now with no issues.
Quality products.

Reason why ive opted for a soundbar.
My current configuration has all my speakers side by side next to my T.V 2 on left and 2 on the right. I dont have place to install my speakers correctly without them sitting in my dining room looking silly (lounge and dining is open plan)

Also living in a complex to respect neighbours i dont turn the sound up.

So my system isnt being used properly or too its full potential and i think a quality soundbar will be the answer.
Will show what im looking at in a sec.

I was trying to play a song for my sister to last weekend and the neighbours were having a party... sad to say I couldn't hear the song outside and my testes felt a little small so I've decided to go big :D
I'm more interested in quality sound when watching a movie and my current system does that but thinking a good 7:2 or 9:1 system is the next step with some HE speakers that shake the room.

I was trying to play a song for my sister to last weekend and the neighbours were having a party... sad to say I couldn't hear the song outside and my testes felt a little small so I've decided to go big :D
I'm more interested in quality sound when watching a movie and my current system does that but thinking a good 7:2 or 9:1 system is the next step with some HE speakers that shake the room.

Hahahaha hate it when that happens but with me its not so much sound from the neighbours speakers but rather their vocal chords :-D

I dont know what the hell they do but every now and then i think they have a Chinese Karaoke Party at home cause they sit singing till early hours of the Morning :-D

If you don't mind a discussion here, I'm thinking of getting one of these...
http://newworld.co.za/product/denon...network-av-receiver-with-wi-fi-and-bluetooth/

Any thoughts?
Why would you chose a sound bar over a proper system?

@Christos, its a ok starter receiver. Its got “good” output but clarity will also depend on what speakers you pair with it.

When i made my system up, my floor speakers and sub made a huge difference. Location of speakers makes a surround sound difference .

After spending what a small car costs on my set up i had a baby and guess what, all my stuff is boxed away, now i enjoy my disney channel of my tv speakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
@Christos, its a ok starter receiver. Its got “good” output but clarity will also depend on what speakers you pair with it. When i made my system up, my floor speakers and sub made a huge difference. Location of speakers makes a surround sound difference . After spending what a small car costs on my set up i had a baby and guess what, all my stuff is boxed away, now i enjoy my disney channel of my tv speakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree placement of speakers is key else surround sound is pointless cause else its just sound.

@Clouds4Days ,I also gave up on the HC and surround sound and wanted to replace with a soundbar but I just didn't like the sound from the lower end stuff and wasn't prepared to fork out the equivalent of a years schools fees to get a good one.I decided on a pair of active speakers, Q Acoustics BT-3.They are available in SA but at a silly price,but if you know someone who's travelling and can stick them in the luggage they can be had for much much less.Im very happy with them and haven't even added a sub.

@Clouds4Days ,I also gave up on the HC and surround sound and wanted to replace with a soundbar but I just didn't like the sound from the lower end stuff and wasn't prepared to fork out the equivalent of a years schools fees to get a good one.I decided on a pair of active speakers, Q Acoustics BT-3.They are available in SA but at a silly price,but if you know someone who's travelling and can stick them in the luggage they can be had for much much less.Im very happy with them and haven't even added a sub.

Thanks @Genosmate , apreciate the feedback.
Will look into it.
Yip some bars are ridiculous in price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back