How To Open A Lavatube V1?

Jean

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Does anyone know how to open the black lava tube v1 to get the circuit board out? Got my plastic cap off but the silver ring is not budging.

Welcome Jean! Not sure if anyone here knows the Lavatube.... lets see if someone has some experience with it.

Pliers? Just joking. Sorry, do not even know what a Lavatube looks like. Maybe post a picture and our technically minded forumites can try to help. Ah, see this is your first post. Welcome to the forum @Jean.
Edit: Found this video on Youtube. If you go to Youtube to view it, you will see from the comments that many have had the problem you have. Seems only way is to pry it apart - not a good solution probably. But read all the comments, maybe there is an answer there.

Last edited:
Pliers? Just joking. Sorry, do not even know what a Lavatube looks like. Maybe post a picture and our technically minded forumites can try to help. Ah, see this is your first post. Welcome to the forum @Jean.
Edit: Found this video on Youtube. If you go to Youtube to view it, you will see from the comments that many have had the problem you have. Seems only way is to pry it apart - not a good solution probably. But read all the comments, maybe there is an answer there.

Hi, nice to be here. I saw that vid. I went through all YouTube and also just learned that I'll have to cut it open.
I got the newer chromed one also and the chrome is coming off so I am thinking of a respray maybe.

But thanks for replying.

I have 3 black ones lying in my drawer for the past year. Button issues made me change to Innokin SVD.
They still good but the fire buttons stopped clicking and on occasion would stay shorted and timing out. The next 3 to 4 vapes would be vaporless. Blowing into the tube with a vacuum cleaner exhaust would help for a few days.
Electronic cleaner spray also works.

Back