Hybrid Wire Builds: Kanthal + Nichrome

Chukin'Vape

Flavour Ninja
LV

Awards
Howzit guys, seems like all the research I have been doing is just creating more questions - than answers. Let me just give you some insight where I am in my vape journey...

I have been vaping for about two years now, starting out with the twisp - then started my journey through all the sub ohm tanks... then started rebuilding with kanthal in my first RTA : Billow V2. Since then I also started DIY'ing and creating the flavours that I am after - currently I am vaping on a 200w Cuboid + Gemini RTA +Dual Youde Clapton Coils + Own Caramel Sticky Cinnabun Liquid. (just to give you perspective of then and now)

All of this is typical of what I see vapers do, chasing the ultimate vape - making small changes in their DIY flavours or build a lower ohm build to see if its a move into the right direction or not. (simple examples)

Currently i'm doing research creating my own Fused clapton (Next Journey), and then i'm sure once I have mastered that I can move onto Alien wire etc.

So here are all my questions:
1. When you create a hybrid kanthal + Nichrome wire, should you be vaping it in wattage mode?
2. When you create a hybrid kanthal + Nichrome wire, should you be posting the wire - as I understand nichrome contains Nichel
3. Some of the retailers would sell 10m of Kanthal or Nichrome between R60 - R100 if you are creating a Fused clapton wire, its going to be a DAYUM expensive build that you vape on - surely there should be spools of this stuff at lower prices? (pvt me if you dont want to answer this one)
4.I see the forum under the Hardware Category has all the elements that make up a "vape" ;) - but I dont see Wire as a main category? or have I got my Friday beer goggle's on?

You can't TC kanthal or nichrome unless you have one of those holm slice chips, so you have to use power mode. The chromium protects the nickel part of nichrome from melting. TTBOMK nichrome is whats in your toaster so its safe unless you do something dumb. You can buy big spools cheap from engineering supply companies but you have to buy like 1km worth, alternatively @Maxxis has 500 ft spools at good prices.

You can't TC kanthal or nichrome unless you have one of those holm slice chips, so you have to use power mode. The chromium protects the nickel part of nichrome from melting. TTBOMK nichrome is whats in your toaster so its safe unless you do something dumb. You can buy big spools cheap from engineering supply companies but you have to buy like 1km worth, alternatively @Maxxis has 500 ft spools at good prices.

On point bro!!! Shot!

Back