IAVA - I AM Vape Africa - Removed from Facebook

StompieZA

Reviewer, DIY Lover & Flavor Chaser
LV

Awards
Hey guys,

Just saw now that IAVA has been shutdown on facebook by facebook i take it?

Was trying to find the group but coulnt and saw Vape Cartel posted on their Cape Town page that it was taken down

Any more info on this?

Seems like it.
Can't see the group or even Facebook notifications that I had yesterday.

Wonder if they are going to shut down all groups and pages.:-(

FB has new rules and any groups not complying with the rules are suspended until they comply. FB groups have been suspended left right and center... a lot of vape groups are moving to www.mewe.com which is a new social media platform but unfortunately, the site is GEO BLOCKING South Africa, Russia and some other countries for some reason.

Vape Panic in the high-end game is high right now.

Those groups that have made the changes asked for have been re-instated.

The big issue is private sales of vape gear is totally banned on FB.

FB has new rules and any groups not complying with the rules are suspended until they comply. FB groups have been suspended left right and center... a lot of vape groups are moving to www.mewe.com which is a new social media platform but unfortunately, the site is GEO BLOCKING South Africa, Russia and some other countries for some reason.

Vape Panic in the high-end game is high right now.

Those groups that have made the changes asked for have been re-instated.

The big issue is private sales of vape gear is totally banned on FB.

Ahh thanks for the info Rob,

Yeah i saw IG as well and that posts need for sales need to have the warning labels otherwise accounts might be deleted as well..

Funny that Vape classifieds SA (VCSA) is still running. Their new rules state no private advertising, but people still advertise as normal.

From what I recall, IAVA marked themselves as secret, as did We Are Vape Africa, and both their accounts have been suspended

So vleisbroek is now official a social medium where the powers that be decide what content you can post and discuss. Sound like a certain regime we had in this country.

Personally I don't see FB being relevant 5 years from now. If not sooner.

So vleisbroek is now official a social medium where the powers that be decide what content you can post and discuss. Sound like a certain regime we had in this country.

Yeah agreed, Im not big on FB...just browse but post almost never.

But when FB goes something else will just take its place im sure.

I see most groups are going to Telegram for advertising and sale purposes...heavy days

Yip and that is a big fail as far as I'm concerned... like any of these "chat" groups... tons of crap and no substance and adverts and more adverts... within 5 minutes you have muted the group... and then added to that it's on your phone only... not an option...

I'm assuming that with the bans it will probably bring more people to ecigssa. Can't be a bad thing. Then we wouldn't need to belong to hundreds of local FB groups. FB is just very convenient and it will be a loss. BUT, I also think it would be great to communicate here again a lot more.

I'm assuming that with the bans it will probably bring more people to ecigssa. Can't be a bad thing. Then we wouldn't need to belong to hundreds of local FB groups. FB is just very convenient and it will be a loss. BUT, I also think it would be great to communicate here again a lot more.

New blood is always very welcome!

I agree, some giants fall sooner or later

You may have been lucky before they started blocking. I have tried four VPN’s, a tunnel and a Proxy and no luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may have been lucky before they started blocking. I have tried four VPN’s, a tunnel and a Proxy and no luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok let me check with my friend in SA - he's on MeWe and hates FB... I saw him on FB the other day and wondered what he was up to.

EDIT: he's still posting and I forgot to change my location so it can't be that. There has to be a reason or some mistake on MeWe's part.

BTW I send MeWe a message and hoping to hear back from them regarding this situation. It may just be a rumour but I'll wait for them to let me know what is what.

There has to be a reason for it. I think it's completely bull that they only tell you this and nothing else. I smell a dead rotten rat.

Agreed... Armenia, Bangladesh and Russia are also blocked... I have asked them for a reason but no reply as yet!

Back