Ice/WS-23 VS. Menthol

NOOB

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
Morning all.

Red Pill One Shot has been my go-to ADV for quite some time now, but I recently got my hands on the Trinity One Shot. The label on the bottle states that one could add WS-23 at 1.5% and seeing as I love a fruity menthol, I decided to add the WS-23 at 1.5%

It doesn't quite have the same menthol "kick" as the Red Pill so I would like to add some Menthol concentrate to the next Trinity mix. I'm just not sure at what percentage I should add the menthol as 1.5% of menthol would surely be a lot stronger than 1.5% of WS-23, so would appreciate some guidance on this. Also, I haven't used the Menthol concentrate in quite a while, which means that some crystals have formed in the concentrate. Would it still be safe to use like that? Would it compromise the flavour at all?

Should be safe to use.
Just need to mix it up properly first and try dissolve the crystals.

Go 3%. Although it might not be giving the kick because the menthol has crystallized and isn't suspended in the pg solution anymore.

I also find major differences between

Menthol
Arctic menthol
Koolada
WS23 10%
WS23 20%
Polar ice

I use a variation of these in just about all of my mixes, if fact my base is 80/20 VG/PG 3mg nic, Arctic menthol and one of the coolants. I find the menthol gives me a menthol taste and the others provide the coolant with very little taste difference. I add my Peppermint and Spearmint to get my ADV and make other flavours using the same base.

Thanks @M.Adhir and @Stranger. Really appreciate your input. The Trinity One Shot is a pretty good fruit vape on it's own, but I enjoy a lekker menthol kick which the WS-23 is lacking at this point. I managed to get the crystals out of the Menthol concentrate by shaking for quite some time, so will pop that in the next mix @3% as suggested.

It doesn't quite have the same menthol "kick" as the Red Pill

As far as I am aware Red Pill doesn't contain menthol. It has Black Ice which is WS-23.

I therefore think that if you add menthol to the Trinity it will not have the same kick as Red Pill but will taste of menthol.

Thanks @M.Adhir and @Stranger. Really appreciate your input. The Trinity One Shot is a pretty good fruit vape on it's own, but I enjoy a lekker menthol kick which the WS-23 is lacking at this point. I managed to get the crystals out of the Menthol concentrate by shaking for quite some time, so will pop that in the next mix @3% as suggested.

WS23 is just a coolant. All it adds is ice. No menthol effect

As far as I am aware Red Pill doesn't contain menthol. It has Black Ice which is WS-23.

I therefore think that if you add menthol to the Trinity it will not have the same kick as Red Pill but will taste of menthol.

So would you suggest that I just increase the % of the WS-23, instead of using menthol?

If you just want cool, then Yes. Menthol will definitely impart a flavour.

Also WS23 comes in 10% or 20% or even 30%

Which one do you have ?

That is what I would try specially because the Trinity bottle also suggests it.

I wouldn't add WS-23 to the whole bottle. Experiment with 10ml.

If you just want cool, then Yes. Menthol will definitely impart a flavour.

Also WS23 comes in 10% or 20% or even 30%

Which one do you have ?

The one I have doesn't specifically say what %. I ordered it last year some time through Blck. I ordered WS-23 and I received a bottle labelled as "Black Ice" which I presume to be WS-23, as this is what I ordered on their website. o_O

That is what I would try specially because the Trinity bottle also suggests it.

I wouldn't add WS-23 to the whole bottle. Experiment with 10ml.

Thanks for this. I mixed in 1.5% as suggested on the label, but will experiment and try different percentages. :thumbup:

Hi @NOOB, perhaps try it out on a small sample at say 1.5 or 2% - then adjust up if needed

Just an update, eventually settled on 2.5% for the Ice in my Trinity mix and Maaaaaan it hits the spot.

Thanks for all the advise and suggestions. :thumbup:

Back