If Vaping Gear\Juices got 95% taxes what would you do?

If Vaping Gear\Juices got 95% taxes what would you do?

• Quit Vaping

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Go back to stinkies

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • become a DIY pro

Votes: 42 70.0%
  • Buy up all possible products to last you a long time :p

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Never stop and have a sign by the street saying Ejuice\gear required for flavour chaser

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Go on strike (a common SA thing)

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • This will never happen

Votes: 7 11.7%

• Total voters
From working in the Financial industry myself, I have actually seen a couple of times that the SA government had there moments. An example was the recession. Between Trevor and Tito, they actually saved us from getting hit really hard by it. They implemented the Credit act and managed to save up some money in the national coffer and really softened the blow for us in a big way.

That's good to know...it's what I hate about the media, they always slam everyone who does anything wrong, but those who do right never get any praise o_O

It's like the airline pilot who said...."You land 1000 planes perfectly, but then do a single crash landing and it's all they ever talk about" ;)

That is very true, the South African media does not to put the good stuff in the media, but then again good news doesn't sell. We all want reasons to be depressed...

But to get back on track. I do believe that we vapors will get sin taxed on the juice. I don't think hardware as yet appart from VAT which we pay already.

But tax on juice is also a grey area. How will they implement sin tax on 0mg juice which is effectively food. I really don't think we have any reason to worry for the next 2 to 4 years.

That is very true, the South African media does not to put the good stuff in the media, but then again good news doesn't sell. We all want reasons to be depressed...

But to get back on track. I do believe that we vapors will get sin taxed on the juice. I don't think hardware as yet appart from VAT which we pay already.

But tax on juice is also a grey area. How will they implement sin tax on 0mg juice which is effectively food. I really don't think we have any reason to worry for the next 2 to 4 years.

Totally agree, and let's just hope that in this time-frame the other countries come to their bloody senses and stops this insanity - not holding my breath though :(

Totally agree, and let's just hope that in this time-frame the other countries come to their bloody senses and stops this insanity - not holding my breath though :(

Lets hope. but then again the UK is starting to come around slowly, and the US tends to follow them so lets see what happens.

Lets hope. but then again the UK is starting to come around slowly, and the US tends to follow them so lets see what happens.

I think vapers will defeat them with love and understanding...we are the second incarnation of "hippies" ;)

Make clouds not regulations :p

If its just the USA then I'd simply buy from Europe.

I think the concern here is not that other countries are getting high taxes, but that these taxes will eventually be implemented here as well. In that case it does not matter where you get it from as the tax will be paid when it arrives here :(

I think the concern here is not that other countries are getting high taxes, but that these taxes will eventually be implemented here as well. In that case it does not matter where you get it from as the tax will be paid when it arrives here :(
Completely understood,but the 95% tax referred to is something which is being considered in Washington and they've voted on it before and thrown it out.I believe only two US states currently apply a tax on vaping related products so theres plenty more to buy from.I would think its more likely we get some sort of higher taxation across SA before its widespread in the USA given the lawmakers we have here.

Completely understood,but the 95% tax referred to is something which is being considered in Washington and they've voted on it before and thrown it out.I believe only two US states currently apply a tax on vaping related products so theres plenty more to buy from.I would think its more likely we get some sort of higher taxation across SA before its widespread in the USA given the lawmakers we have here.

Absolutely, there is nothing definite as of now. The point of this thread was just "what if this 95% tax is applied here"...what would you do? And in that case it wouldn't matter where you buy from :(

If USA does it, these maders will do it too.

...I do believe that we vapors will get sin taxed on the juice. I don't think hardware as yet appart from VAT which we pay already.

Yes, they can't resist "sin tax" on the liquid. The distinction between tobacco and nicotine is...beyond their scope and nicotine is a controlled substance anyway. (if i understand it correctly.) 0mg...helps, maybe, because it sort of confuses the matter.
Horrible thought - current legislation (which is the more hardcore interpretation of the WHO "guidelines"/whatever, typical of SA govt.) is that tobacco products may not be sold using the postal services etc. Not so in USA.

The hardware, there is import duty on "electronic goods", that's why the nice Chinese sellers word it differently.

I am so glad that there is a place called China .......;)

As long as there is a demand they will supply !

I am so glad that there is a place called China .......;)

As long as there is a demand they will supply !

You fellas are definitely missing the point, and subsequently, the problem.
If SA applies any tax to our goods, it doesnt matter who you buy from or where they are.
The tax will be applied the moment that parcel enters our borders (Customs).

You fellas are definitely missing the point, and subsequently, the problem.
If SA applies any tax to our goods, it doesnt matter who you buy from or where they are.
The tax will be applied the moment that parcel enters our borders (Customs).
@WHeunis not if you have family or friends staying there .

@WHeunis not if you have family or friends staying there .

You and your friends/family are welcome to risk jail time for smuggling and/or tax evasion, as it your right to do whatever you think is necessary.
Personally, I dont think that sounds very much worth it...

You and your friends/family are welcome to risk jail time for smuggling and/or tax evasion, as it your right to do whatever you think is necessary.
Personally, I dont think that sounds very much worth it...
@WHeunis bro if you buy i divice like an ipod from china and bring it back with you then it is not smuggling like you call it . To bring in non legal items over the border is smuggling . I use to work for border control . You would not be able to bring nic because it is a regualated substance but if you buy a mod and bring it in it would be just fine . But just imagine what a mod would cost you with plane ticket and all. :p

Back