In-House Extracts

Ross44

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
I see www.valleyvapour.co.za has a new range of delicious looking tobacco extracts! i am super keen to try a few of these but am a little unsure as to what they taste like and how to mix them up. Does anyone have any experience with these extracts? id love to know what they are like and maybe a few recommendations as to how i should go about mixing these (strength, steep time, ect.).

Back in my smoking days i would roll ciggies quite often and ill be honest, i dont recognize most of these flavours...well, by name anyway.

Last edited:
I actually would love to try this myself.
The flavors looks like Holland House pipe tobacco's range, and then some Rum and Maple.

Just seen them now as well. Used to smoke the Cherry Cavendish and Rum & Maple before and used to really like it. I'm sure that vaping it would be even better. Maybe @drew can provide more info.

Just seen them now as well. Used to smoke the Cherry Cavendish and Rum & Maple before and used to really like it. I'm sure that vaping it would be even better. Maybe @drew can provide more info.

The Rum and Maple is already in my basket :cool: ..hmmm, and now so is Cherry Cavendish!

! ohh! By the sound of that they are indeed extracts. ..........Be prepared for gunked coils/wicks. My EVOD wicks/coils need cleaning after less than 2 days, with less than 2% of it in the mix. But that's just filtered with coffee filters.

Something i have not seen on the ecf mega-thread, never, and i only yesterday got my post count to 5, so i can post there... most people doing extracts with aromatics, that is virtually all modern pipe tobaccos, means flavouring added (vanilla, rum, cherry, you know...) and sweetened. So now, few days ago, it struck me, maybe that is a major factor in the gunking - sugar.
ok, let me go see, this site... ..................................................
I see ValleyVapors.co.za
Wrong spelling, and no s plural. i had to google and scratch, all Salem, Oregon and so on. i had to search for valley vapors ".za" and fortunately google included 'vapour', the English/French spelling not the Amerikan! You must know, a name like that, valley vapors, is sure to be used by at least a few others already. WeLL, that's one way i will score, i would have a unique name!

! ohh! By the sound of that they are indeed extracts. ..........Be prepared for gunked coils/wicks. My EVOD wicks/coils need cleaning after less than 2 days, with less than 2% of it in the mix. But that's just filtered with coffee filters.

Something i have not seen on the ecf mega-thread, never, and i only yesterday got my post count to 5, so i can post there... most people doing extracts with aromatics, that is virtually all modern pipe tobaccos, means flavouring added (vanilla, rum, cherry, you know...) and sweetened. So now, few days ago, it struck me, maybe that is a major factor in the gunking - sugar.
ok, let me go see, this site... .................................................. Wrong spelling, and no s plural. i had to google and scratch, all Salem, Oregon and so on. i had to search for valley vapors ".za" and fortunately google included 'vapour', the English/French spelling not the Amerikan! You must know, a name like that, valley vapors, is sure to be used by at least a few others already. WeLL, that's one way i will score, i would have a unique name!

:wasntme: ...spelling corrected, also made it a link now.
I mostly drip, so not too worried about gunking up my coils, although im sure vaping sugar cant be too healthy.

Check the R&M ...if i had time, i'd find it...later. There are many reviews of it on tobaccoreviews. (it's all on one page. Nice smple website.) The first few are very negative, so you think No Ways, but then some like it, some like it better than one well-known American Rum and Maple. The point is, those first reviews (or last few, i think, the way they're ordered,) they tried it after good memories of it many years ago. One of them was so disgusted that he took it back [to Sturk's or Wesley's] and they said they'd had some complaints. Apparently, it was changed in 2009. They say it is very different, it's become overdosed with sticky flavouring. (Would be the maple syrup - whatever probably synthetic flavouring they use.) Maybe it is even a sugar-based flavouring? So that doesn't sound good to me. Many or most of the reviews said there was no rum aroma or flavour at all.

So i would suggest mixing R&M with some other less flavoured NET. But then again, vaping it, instead of smoking it, might be totally different. It is very different...

And higher sugar content...like you say. it seems that quite a few of the ecf NET guys do just use clearos. But filtering to 3 microns or some to 2 microns. So i guessed that kimbo is only surviving by usings RDA/RBA. Price you pay for having NET, and it tastes more real and it's inexpensive.

On the other hand, the inexpensive SA tobaccos get some praise - especially Jock, which is vanilla flavoured (iow, vanillin) and then Fox....for being straightforward, plain, not aromatic (more on that later), good value for money, everyday/all-day use...medium strength, high Nicotine...less complex layers in flavour than American Virginias. iow, good old plain tobacco.

i would rather - i am going to - try that first (instead of Danish/style modern aromatics (flavourings)), rather add drops of my own cinnamon and/or vanilla extracts. So i control it.

I am sure the NET extracts from @drew will be very well filtered. As sure as I am that he will be around as soon as he is able to tell you more about these extracts and how to use.

Hey all, apologies for the delay in my response. I haven't been online much the last few weeks and for some reason didn't receive a mail about activity in my sub.

It's the early hours of the morning now so I will post more info tomorrow when the mind is fresh...

The in-house extracts are all naturally extracted tobacco's (NET's), mostly from off-the-shelf pipe and cigarette tobaccos and a few tobacconist house blends. I've experimented with various cold and heated extraction methods, none of which I have used any additives to aid in the extraction. I am however considering using alcohol in attempts to create a stronger extract. Filtration is a very important part of the process and am currently using a setup that vacuum filters down to 2.7 micron.

I have found that on a low subohm, and a mixture of between 10-25%, the heat combined with the tobacco flavour feels very much like smoking... but with clouds :p

While I've really enjoy the process of making NETs, I must admit, I'm not all that confident in my mixing skills, I know, ironic for someone with so many ingredients at their disposal. The many years of stinkies makes me doubt my sense of taste every step of the way. I would really appreciate feedback and mixing experiences from you guys to let me know if I'm on the right track... or wrong one, and help others get the most out of their mixes.

Back