Innokin Ares Mtl Rta

Didnt know you do mtl most of the day @Scouse45

Funny thing is i did mtl for many months amd my vape buddies told me i will convert to lung hit. I just didnt like lung hits at the time and eventually grew into it. I do both now. But i still do mtl about half the time.

Nothing like a strong kick in the throat with a high nic good mtl setup
Ya bud not to go off topic but I worked at dischem for many years so the big clouds weren’t allowed. Small toots of my nautilus mini and then Kayfun v3 mini all day. So I’ve stuck to that all day at work mtl I jus love the draw and then I find when I go home to my drippers I appreciate the flavour more. At the moment siren 2 and berserker I’ve got going I alternate daily. And the Ares will take over I believe!!

DJLsb Vapes does a nice review and comparison between some of the current popular MTL tanks. The tanks he reviews are the ARES, Siren 2, Kayfun Prime and Beserker.

Yeah big ups to Innokin for this!

Cthulhu could have done the same thing with the Cthuhlu MTL. Such widespread reports of it leaking without a suitable fix it should have been recalled or at least addressed properly. I will never support them again for releasing such a fail problem, if they had sent out something like this, the story would be different.

*slow clap* Says a lot about their commitment, service and company strategy. Very nice to see them stepping up, rectifying the issues and being public about it.

DJLsb Vapes does a nice review and comparison between some of the current popular MTL tanks. The tanks he reviews are the ARES, Siren 2, Kayfun Prime and Beserker.

Thanks for posting that @Richard

I like how thorough Daniel is as a reviewer and the way he shows a lot of detail.

Just some notes from that video that i will share here:

He shows a lot of detail on what you get with these 4 MTL tanks. If you want to get one of these tanks have a look, its quite comprehensive. And he describes things well.

Interesting how he recommends a low coil position on all of them. He says get the coil as low as possible without touching the airflow deck. Not sure why he recommends that and then goes on to assess the throat hit of these tanks. In my view the throat hit increases if you position the coil a bit higher. Maybe he was after flavour - but he doesnt talk much about the difference in flavour. A pity i think, because he had a great opportunity with the samd coil, wick and juice in all four devices. Wish i had those set up for me side by side ;-)

He has an interesting way of attaching the coils. He just pushes the leads to one side and tightens the screws. I often have to wrap my legs around the screws in the direction of tightening. He mentions this as a technique at the end of the video if you use thinner wire (like me). He was using 26g SS.

I loved how he checked the capacity of each tank with his syringe. Here are the results:
Siren V2 (big version, not mini) - 4.5ml
Berserker Mini - 1.8 ml (very low capacity!)
Kayfun Prime - 3ml
Ares - 4.8ml - wow!

His final thoughts start at 58 mins in the vid

He says they are all very good and throat hit is decent on all of them. Not taking away anything from Daniels efforts but i found his descriptions of the vape itself on the tanks to be a bit vague. He was talking about throat hit with 3mg and 8mg juice and i wasnt quite sure how the flavour rendering of these tanks compared. He was vaping a pecan butter juice. He like the Ares a lot in the end, followed by the Kayfun Prime and then the other two.

He says the Siren and Ares are the easiest to build. Other two not hard but slightly more challenging.

He was getting a bit of gurgling and flooding on the Berserker Mini after refilling. He tried different wickings but says its a trade off of too much cotton vs a bit or gurgling after refill.

He noted a few times the challenges with temp control on the Kayfun Prime because it doesnt have a gold plated 510. Says you have to tighten the 510 screw very tightly to help in that department.

Allround its a great video and kudos to Daniel for all the effort. These are the main contenders according to him in the MTL RTA space roght now and he likes them all.

I have the Kayfun V3 Mini and the Siren V2 Mini. As much as ive loved tinkering and trying to get them to shine, the KFmini still gurgles for me with a toght airflow and the Siren is good. But none are quite like the MTL tobacco vape im getting on my Reo/RM2. Flavour wise and throat hit wise.

Lets see how these MTL tanks develop.

PS - @Rob Fisher , if you chat to Daniel, please tell him i loved this video of his but ask him from me to spend a bit more time trying to explain the difference in the vape itself on them and the flavour differences - if he is able to. I certainly think that will add a lot of value to folks considering these tanks. Ie. Flavour density, richness, crispness etc

Last edited:
@Rob Fisher , the post i was talking about when we spoke today is the one above
I think you may have missed the initial tag
Take a look

Back