Innokin Wins "Golden Leaf Award for Innovation" for World's First Metal-free Conductive Ceramic Coil

Stew

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
Read more above.
Innokin, a leading brand in the vaping industry since 2011, has clinched a prestigious Golden Leaf Award for its development of MeFree, the first and only conductive ceramic to eliminate metal from vape coils. This next generation ceramic coil addresses longstanding challenges in vaping technology, where traditional coils, containing metal heating elements, often result in uneven heating, “hot spots”, and potential release of toxic heavy metals.

Read more above.
Innokin, a leading brand in the vaping industry since 2011, has clinched a prestigious Golden Leaf Award for its development of MeFree, the first and only conductive ceramic to eliminate metal from vape coils. This next generation ceramic coil addresses longstanding challenges in vaping technology, where traditional coils, containing metal heating elements, often result in uneven heating, “hot spots”, and potential release of toxic heavy metals.
Innovation Award for old technology revisited :think: https://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/whats-the-wierdest-tank-you-ever-bought.74942/post-950718

I am sure when I reviewed stuff in the past on a few occasions I came across metal free ceramic heating plates all be it one was heated by ultrasonic waves but the heating plate was definitely 100% ceramic and sure there was a couple of atomisers I tested! Even the old school ceramic coils with the metal coil inside the ceramic gave a cooler vape so I would imagine like I found when testing ceramic heating plates in the past (as @Intuthu Kagesi pointed out hardly new technology) they would give a cold quite weak vape compared to metal coils.

I just remembered I tested an atomiser (a long with other testers) from Joyetech that used fully ceramic plates instead of heating coils that was never released because the vape quality was so poor so not only is this not new technology it's a failed technology!

Innokin are one of the better manufacturers who do show innovation, I love their F0 mode using alternative current and their coil refresh, many wait in anticipation to see what will be the features on their latest MVP's so why they need to start stealing old technologies and parading them as their own is quite mind boggling, if we know they must know surely.

I am sure when I reviewed stuff in the past on a few occasions I came across metal free ceramic heating plates all be it one was heated by ultrasonic waves but the heating plate was definitely 100% ceramic and sure there was a couple of atomisers I tested! Even the old school ceramic coils with the metal coil inside the ceramic gave a cooler vape so I would imagine like I found when testing ceramic heating plates in the past (as @Intuthu Kagesi pointed out hardly new technology) they would give a cold quite weak vape compared to metal coils.

I just remembered I tested an atomiser (a long with other testers) from Joyetech that used fully ceramic plates instead of heating coils that was never released because the vape quality was so poor so not only is this not new technology it's a failed technology!

Innokin are one of the better manufacturers who do show innovation, I love their F0 mode using alternative current and their coil refresh, many wait in anticipation to see what will be the features on their latest MVP's so why they need to start stealing old technologies and parading them as their own is quite mind boggling, if we know they must know surely.
I think Ceramics are great! ... I just think they're a lil' cheeky claiming the innovation as new .... I'm guessing they chose to label it as new technology based on the bad rep that Joyetech, and ceramic pads got ... Yeah Joyetech stupidly fudged their test results, and Jay Hayes made bloody sure that no one would buy them based on his bull#### broscience claims of ceramics releasing toxic chemicals.
Let me add at this point that I personally tested the Joyetech ceramic pads and found their deposition to be zero whilst glowing cherry red, unlike Ni80, (being worst with it's highly toxic oxide), and Kanthal coming in a close second as its Aluminium oxides burnt out ... Funnily enough both 304 and 316 Stainless produced miniscule Nickel oxides at some 800-900 degrees C, certainly not enough to do any damage. I didn't test Titanium or Zirconium at the time, however looking at their thermal characteristics, feel comfortable enough to say that they would be in the same league wrt any oxide(s) deposition as ceramics, but I digress ... SMOK throughout all the nonsence, and still do market their ceramic "coils", which I believe are wonderful.

Last edited:
I think they chose to label it as new technology based on the bad rep that Joyetech, and ceramics got ... Yeah Joyetech stupidly fudged their test results, and Jay Hayes made bloody sure that no one would buy them based on his bull#### broscience claims of ceramics releasing toxic chemicals. Let me add at this point that I personally tested the Joyetech ceramic pads and found their deposition to be zero whilst glowing cherry red, unlike Ni80, (being worst with it's highly toxic oxide), and Kanthal coming in a close second as its Aluminium oxides burnt out ... Funnily enough 304 and 306 Stainless produced miniscule Nickel oxides at some 800-900 degrees C either. (I didn't test Titanium or Zirconium at the time, however I looking at their thermal characteristics, feel comfortable enough to say that they would be in the same league wrt any oxide(s) deposition as ceramics), but I digress ... SMOK throughout all the nonsence marketed their ceramic "coils", which I still think are great.

Jay Hayes talking BS, never lol! In general Jay has got it in for Joyetech, can remember on one of his videos he made out the Ekee couldn't stand up which is strange because in 6 years mine has never fallen down, of course his right hand man "The Vaping Postman" (who would wait for Jay's video and then do a Carbon copy) backed him up, what a surprise! It was funny when they publicly fell out, two drama queens throwing their dummies at each other across the Atlantic.

Last edited:
To say it's new technology even though they have been around for years it seams everyone is bringing out the "first" Ceramic coil, just this second got this as part of an email:

8e769273-a42c-a004-7673-d8f9bc7e5a69.jpg

aff71344-622e-dd9a-f0f8-e1a5d66b3477.jpg

KiwiGoDisposableVapeSP1.jpg

KiwiGoDisposableVapeSP2.jpg

KiwiGoDisposableVapeSP3.jpg

Back