Kanger subtank drilled RBA

DaRoach

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
So i love my subtank but it just wasnt wicking the thicker juices and after seeing the rba section on the new sub box mini set and after a bit off googling i found that some people have drilled holes in thier rba sections.

So i bought an extra rba section and drilled it.

First i marked the position I positioned it quit low and closer to the deck.
20150603_190759.jpg

I then put the barrel over a plastic brush handle to support it While drilling. I used a 2mm drill bit.
20150603_192917.jpg

20150603_192955.jpg

Then when it comes to wicking i Guess you need to use more and make sure its in front of the holes.
in my example i might have used too much
20150603_194908.jpg

Vaping NCV FruLoops 80VG no prob on sx mini 390 F at 18 Jouls.
20150603_195748.jpg

Attachments

• 20150603_190740.jpg
    20150603_190740.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 18
Interesting @DaRoach looks like a great solution.

I am also wondering where you managed to secure an additional RBA base from

I think that is an awesome way to do it, let us know if it is working good

18 jouls, hahaha so thats 18watts per seconds ?

Also, it must be crappy to dril if you dont have the right tool

Interesting @DaRoach looks like a great solution.

I am also wondering where you managed to secure an additional RBA base from
I got the extra rba from Eciggies can remember the price but it was reasonable.An added bonus is rebuild all three of them and just just swop them out during the week.

I think that is an awesome way to do it, let us know if it is working good

18 jouls, hahaha so thats 18watts per seconds ?

Also, it must be crappy to dril if you dont have the right tool
This is actually the second one i drilled out the first one works like a charm no leaking ect but just keel in mind the juice is pritty thick at 80vg. I'll keep one stock for those 50 50 juices as it might flood.

Maybe a 1mm or 1.5 might sit right in the right spot ?
Probably right and it could be a good all rounder.
Maybe a 1mm or 1.5 might sit right in the right spot ?
All I has was a 2mm for wraping coils lol but you may be right that it would be a better all rounder at 1 to 1.5mm

I will try it when i get another rda :)
Here is a pic of the new rba section
unnamed.jpg
I asume they will be available for purchace in the near future.

Awesome Tx Roach. Gonna go get a few now

Well done seriously was wondering if I was ever going to use the RDA because of the wicking problem

Thanks @kimbo I already have a spare that I ordered from them and dremelled it. It works fine, but I would much rather try the new version in the pics above. I am sure that will work flawlessly

Thanks @kimbo I already have a spare that I ordered from them and dremelled it. It works fine, but I would much rather try the new version in the pics above. I am sure that will work flawlessly

The new version is not available yet (except in the Subox kit). It might take a while (a month or two, if the previous ones were any indication) before the new ones will be sold separately - this will be done to make people buy the new kit instead of just upgrading their current tanks :rolleyes:

Nicely done.

I think a 1.5mm hole will be enough to be generic with 50/50 & max VG. I'm sure the standard channels still work as well.

So tempting to mod a Subtank deck now but haven't had wicking issues on any of mine.

Nicely done.

I think a 1.5mm hole will be enough to be generic with 50/50 & max VG. I'm sure the standard channels still work as well.

So tempting to mod a Subtank deck now but haven't had wicking issues on any of mine.
These are 2mm :D

I will wick it later to see what it does

Do u think this will work for the lemo 2. This looks like the winning option for all rbas

Try with a few juices of different ratios and let us know if there's a difference.

20/80 PG/VG DIY the tank struggle a bit to keep up at full air open and 25watt (you get that toasty taste when a dry hit is about to happen). But if you drop the power to 15watt it keeps up very nice. I think my wick might be to tight in the coil. But looks like the holes is a winner :)

20/80 PG/VG DIY the tank struggle a bit to keep up at full air open and 25watt (you get that toasty taste when a dry hit is about to happen). But if you drop the power to 15watt it keeps up very nice. I think my wick might be to tight in the coil. But looks like the holes is a winner :)
I feel like there's no vapour at 15w in my Subtank, I need at least 20-30w. The about to dry hit taste comes at 35w or so. Guess the mini is somewhat different.

Since the delta2 just looks to be a subtank like tank i want to drill my delta2 rba head also now :)

Since the delta2 just looks to be a subtank like tank i want to drill my delta2 rba head also now :)
Don't see why it won't work. At least those are sold separately if it doesn't.

Back