Kangertech Subox Mini RBA coil

SAVaper

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
Hi all,
I used one of the prebuilt coils supplied with the kit for the RBA. It has 5 spaced wraps for 0,5ohm and it makes great flavour and clouds.

Does anyone know what material the supplied coil is made of and the gauge?

Thanks

2016-06-12 11.31.18.jpg

I think Sickboy77 is right , turn your own - i mostly use 24 g and do 5 wraps , comes to just under .5 and works like a charm !

I only use 26g kanthal, 5 spaced wraps. Good flavour and clouds

I only use 26g kanthal, 5 spaced wraps. Good flavour and clouds

Thanks. I have 26G Kanthal so I will check.
How do you do the spaced coil?
Do you just stretch a coil out?

Thanks. I have 26G Kanthal so I will check.
How do you do the spaced coil?
Do you just stretch a coil out?
Correct, when wrapping it leave a bit of space, try to make it consistent. But then when you are pulsing it you can manipulate kanthal quite easily.

Correct, when wrapping it leave a bit of space, try to make it consistent. But then when you are pulsing it you can manipulate kanthal quite easily.

Great thanks.

@SAVaper How I do my spaced coils - wrap the coil, compress against the base of the screwdriver, then insert my nails on the other edges of the coil, pull it apart (looks like a worn out parker-pen spring) and then compress it again. It comes out absolutely perfectly spaced.

@SAVaper How I do my spaced coils - wrap the coil, compress against the base of the screwdriver, then insert my nails on the other edges of the coil, pull it apart (looks like a worn out parker-pen spring) and then compress it again. It comes out absolutely perfectly spaced.

Thanks. I expected the "pull apart" but not the "compress again"
Will give it a go.

I was truly surprised at the lovely vapour that the supplied spaced coil gave.

i love building my RBA base in the subtank

kanthal @ 5 wraps
nichrome @ 8wraps
stainless steel @ 8wraps

love doing builds in subtank (my fav single coil tank)

Back