Kayfun Airhole: Need Some Help

Alex

Reonaut
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Hey guys, this week is turning out pretty crappy, first the incident with my neme, and now I have a problem with my brand new kayfun, so I drilled out the air hole to 2mm. Everything goes well, but after double checking I realised that the bit didn't go right through, probably still needs about a mm. Once again I setup the thing on my drillpress to get the last bit. And then.. the bit sheers off in the hole:confused:

After a lot of :swear::worried::banghead: and finally;( I give up. I'm going to have to use pratley steel to close it up and drill a new hole.

My nerves are finished, and I'm asking any kind soul that lives around Benoni/JHB and has a decent Drillpress, and the skills to make a new hole for me. I really would be forever grateful. ????

That's a bummer... that's why I'm not allowed to touch tools like that!

Hey guys, this week is turning out pretty crappy, first the incident with my neme, and now I have a problem with my brand new kayfun, so I drilled out the air hole to 2mm. Everything goes well, but after double checking I realised that the bit didn't go right through, probably still needs about a mm. Once again I setup the thing on my drillpress to get the last bit. And then.. the bit sheers off in the hole:confused:

After a lot of :swear::worried::banghead: and finally;( I give up. I'm going to have to use pratley steel to close it up and drill a new hole.

My nerves are finished, and I'm asking any kind soul that lives around Benoni/JHB and has a decent Drillpress, and the skills to make a new hole for me. I really would be forever grateful. ????
Happened to me twice today doing the same thing. Luckily mine was very close to through and when I centre punched the broken bit to start drilling it out it popped through. So I knocked it till it touched opposite inside and tapped it with a hammer and screwdriver to break the piece of the bit visible through the centre hole off. Took a thin nail tapped the rest of the bit into the centre and then honed the airhole. And a bit of a countersink. I crapped myself when the bit broke though and all I thought was its a 5 week wait for a new one but happiness is.

Finished product

yraga7as.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Happened to me twice today doing the same thing. Luckily mine was very close to through and when I centre punched the broken bit to start drilling it out it popped through. So I knocked it till it touched opposite inside and tapped it with a hammer and screwdriver to break the piece of the bit visible through the centre hole off. Took a thin nail tapped the rest of the bit into the centre and then honed the airhole. And a bit of a countersink. I crapped myself when the bit broke though and all I thought was its a 5 week wait for a new one but happiness is.

Finished product

yraga7as.jpg

Wow, you're lucky man, my hole is almost in the same place, in fact it pushed the bottom out slightly, and I had to hammer it flat again.

Wow, you're lucky man, my hole is almost in the same place, in fact it pushed the bottom out slightly, and I had to hammer it flat again.

I must say it was worth all the sweat and swearing. A 5min easy job turned into a 30min drama. But she's blowing clouds.

snap @Alex and i just congratulated you on your purchase in the vape mail thread LOL

i was also tempted to drill out mine, but when i thought of the possible repercussions, i made myself satisfied with how it currently is

Update: I have managed to sort out the broken bit. All it took was about 6 hours of constant trial and error, not to mention about R380 bucks worth of extra tools needed.

The important thing for me is I never let this thing get the best of me, and I never even got to try out the Pratley Steel putty :p

Gotta luv it when a plan comes together.

Thanks again everyone, here's a family pic I just took. The one in question is on the neme to the left.

14075130446_bf52bab3e6_b.jpg

Things we do on a Sat night when bored... :lol:

Thanks again everyone, here's a family pic I just took. The one in question is on the neme to the left.

14075130446_bf52bab3e6_b.jpg

Things we do on a Sat night when bored... :lol:
Are those original or clones? Looking good by the way

No original KF's in South Africa as far as I know of @andro - the only original close to the KF is the Russian 91% that Rob Fisher bought a while back.

I spent five minutes to try to understand what was on top of the coolfire 2 ( grenade looking thing ) only to see at the end that is a torch .....lol

Back