Kylin RTA from Vandy Vapes

I doubt any vendors will replace/swop the leaking tanks... it's like the 510 predator issue, some might experience it and some not.. if it's just a bad batch from the factory and the company doesn't take responsibility then I'm afraid those unlucky few will be stuck with the problem...

For example, It's like wanting a vendor to replace/refund all those 1st batches of alien mods that had the paint issue... sorry but let's be honest it's not gonna happen... it's the risk you took for jumping onto the hype train

#StraightTalkBreaksNoFriendships

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt any vendors will replace/swop the leaking tanks... it's like the 510 predator issue, some might experience it and some not.. if it's just a bad batch from the factory and the company doesn't take responsibility then I'm afraid those unlucky few will be stuck with the problem...

For example, It's like wanting a vendor to replace/refund all those 1st batches of alien mods that had the paint issue... sorry but let's be honest it's not gonna happen... it's the risk you took for jumping onto the hype train

#StraightTalkBreaksNoFriendships

Leaking tank I can understand or peeling paintwork. But if it is warped like one of the pics this surely must be replaced.
Otherwise what's the point buying locally if you not going to get the support you might as well buy it online at a fraction of the price.

Anyone got a silver one that's leaking... seen mostly black ones leaky. Wondering if it's similar to sm25 silver vs black...my black one gave me trouble (all 3 of them) but silver ones perfect
Maybe you are into something @incredible_hulk, I also noticed its mostly Black Kylin I'm seeing with leaking in these pics.

I have a SS Kylin and no leaking.
Maybe others can comment too on whether theirs leaks and what colour.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

I have the Merlin RTA which has the exact same issue. It only gets worse over time. If I remember correctly it was due to the press fit deck.

I just rewicked my now and tighten my 510 down extremely tight. so far 2 6ml tanks and no leaking/condensation at all.
will update if this is no longer the case.

I think it's a trait/design flaw on bottom airflow tanks that have an afc ring which rotates around the base of the tank housing the 510 connection. My serpent mini 25 is doing the exact same thing - and its super irritating indeed. I have resorted to unscrewing it and wiping the mod and tank base off like twice a day.

The Kylin does not leak when wicked properly, that's my take on it.

As for the condensations - it's very simple imo really, this tank has massive airflow holes and is to be used with big coil builds and needs power to perform.

When you take a drag your coil(s) still remains hot after you have fired, the extra vapor it produces needs to go somewhere and in the case of the Kylin it has two massive airflow slots on each side of the deck including two smaller ones on the bottom where the vapor settles and condenses which is what causes the condensation or apparent "leaking".

This is the case with a lot of RTA's that have bottom airflow, for example my Mage RTA did the same thing but on a very smaller scale due to the coils and airflow slots being smaller and power needed being less.

With regards to the leaking... its all down to your wicking. This tank needs a lot of cotton and honestly apart from the Ammit single coil RTA this has been one of the easiest tanks to wick to date for me. Snip, tuck and done... no dry hits and zero leaking for me and I have had the tank upside down and sideways and not a drop has been spilled.

I agree with @Chris du Toit bad wicking will cause leaking. Mine wasn't leaking out the airflow holes. Due to some big air flow holes the condensation comes down as he said and is seeps through the loose airflow ring. That's exactly wat happened with mine, the condensation seeped out slightly between the tank and loose airflow ring not out of the holes. Good tank but more then enough for my OCD to irritate me I couldn't handle it. So great tank but it's moved onto another home I'm not down for wiping my mod that often. That's jus me though many wont mind and at all.

Have a SS tank. Also leaking like hell. Using bacon v2 cotton and Paulies juice. I have tightened the 510 pin very tight now so lets see. This is such a pain. Now mainly using my Tornado hero. Also bottom airflow but no leaking issues like on the Kylin.

For anyone who has a dna200, here a screen that I made for your profiles. Hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting it.

51cf86c4ebae82e014cfcc66b3932f95.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

If you feel that you are wicking the correct way then I have two further suggestions to try ......

a) line the coils up closer to the centre (thus further away from the airholes)
b) disassemble the atty and realign the insulator holding the positive block because sometimes it is not factory fitted correctly.

I seem to be one of the lucky ones with zero leaking issues but I get the occasional airlock similar to what I got in the SM25.

You can always try the old atty trick : Close air- and juice holes, tighten atty halfway, turn upside down and complete the tightening process. Lastly open the holes. :)

Last edited:
a) line the coils up closer to the centre (thus further away from the airholes)
b) disassemble the atty and realign the insulator holding the positive block because sometimes it is not factory fitted correctly.
Have done as KZOR suggested and so far it looks like the problem is sorted. Will give feedback tomorrow once the tank made it through the night...

Hahahaha , ah ok , the vape life :-D
I think with the 6ml tank its gonna be a winner of note .
Please keep us updated uncle Rob and also if you notice any changes in the vape from going from the 2ml to 6ml tank.
you know hey.. this tank was definitely inspired by the Digiflavour Fuji - but then also from the mini tanks - which can split from 6ml to 3ml etc. :) Praise the sisters of GeekVape for producing quality, alongside quality to bring new generations of greatness; . ; may it forever continue till smoking ceases to exist;

Seems that the leak is stemming from the block insulator. Its not flush and tight fitting enough. Solve this problem and the leak will go away. By the way I'm still thinking of how to solve this myself but that is where the problem lies.

Hi guys

Several posts above were moved to a newly created Kylin RTA thread inside the Sir Vape subforum:
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/sir-vape-kylin-rta-thread.t37093/

Please note that this thread forms part of the general threads of the forum. As such, vendors are not allowed to discuss their products or services here. They are encouraged to discuss these types of issues inside their dedicated subforum. The posts that were moved relate to Sir Vape so let that discussion continue there.

Thanks

Like most of you in this thread I had an issue with the leaking/condensation coming out through the bottom of the afc ring, I followed what @KZOR recommended and voila 3 tanks later and nothing but a little "sweat" right next to the airflow slots, the bottom of the tank and top of the mod is completely dry as seen in the picture.IMG_20170504_013531.jpghere's what I did
1)Loosen the 510 pin and re-seat the positive block and re-tighten all the way
2)Place coils in a more natural position as in the pic (by natural I mean if you pull on the coil with the ID rod in it your coil should settle with the center of the ID rod over the center of the post holes). Also wicking should be tight through the coil (not tight enough to deform the coils but tight enough to drag your mod if you tugged on a tail), I'm using a 3mm ID, and comb the tails to prevent dry hits before snipping them to sizeIMG_20170504_013656.jpg3)Height of the coil should be just so that the bottom of the coil is in line with the top of the side airflow if looked at from the side, as in the picture, also be sure to push the wick away from the airflowIMG_20170504_013722.jpgGoodluck guys

So how many of you have told the "kylins" you know there is a tank named after them ?

I have been having the exact same leaking issue that everyone has reported and having almost given up I have managed to resolve it by following this 18:30 onwards. Now i agreed it didn't look like a wicking issue but I now believe it is. My kylin seemed to be wicking perfectly but I now think my wicks were to compressed in the channel and pulled to tight from coil to channel. The cotton then does not absorb the thinner condensation quick enough and it makes its way to the bottom of the device. When i followed this i also droppped down to 2ml Glass and went from dual Juggernaut coils to dual fused clapton so they may also be something there such as with 6ml the after fire vapour can't escape out the top easily enough or with the juggernauts there was to much of it due to them taking forever to cool. I will go back to original setup today and try all of that. Big Ups to Big Guy for the fix.

I reseated my postive block today and put in 4mm ID Coils and 2 6ml tanks later, Bottom of the tank and mod bone dry!
It really makes sense to me that maybe at the factory the postive block wasnt being correctly seated.
Anybody with AFC ring leaks/condensation try reseating yours.

And somebody sold theirs for R200 because of this issue. #CriesInDisbelief.

Back