Kylin RTA from Vandy Vapes

@Moey_Ismail

I have both the split 510 and solid 510 kylins. and they all have condensation build up.
Just something i live with now.

So returned my Kylin to the kind Sirs on Thursday and received a replacement from them this morning. Going to build it in about 1 hour and will give feedback. Holding thumbs.
Which kind sirs?

So returned my Kylin to the kind Sirs on Thursday and received a replacement from them this morning. Going to build it in about 1 hour and will give feedback. Holding thumbs.
Well played Sirs, pays to support your local

After watching the "new patent pending" 3 x coil Azeroth reviews I thought I would have some fun with the Kylin...

4 x Coils (30ga SS316L, 10 wrap, 2.5ID, 0.41 ohm) POW! Vapes like a boss at 50W! Thick tasty clouds! Still drinks juice like a pirate drinks Rum :O
And no leaking when wicked like @BigGuy suggested on youtube :)

Build 1.jpg Build 2.jpg Build 3.jpg Build 4.jpg

Final thoughts on the Kylin? Should I get me one?

My opinion is that you wait for local Reload RTA feedback before buying. Based on what I hear overseas the Reload RTA is the best ever made.

I have heard good things on the Kylin and I have heard bad things...not enough for me to part with my Petri 24mm

My opinion is that you wait for local Reload RTA feedback before buying. Based on what I hear overseas the Reload RTA is the best ever made.

I have heard good things on the Kylin and I have heard bad things...not enough for me to part with my Petri 24mm
Yeah but reload prob double price of kylin if u price sensitive

Its hit and miss unfortunately. I have had no issues with mine though. Completely retired my mage rta

I've emailed Vandy Vapes (info@vandyvapes.com) or (sally@vandyvape.com) , read their Warranty Details FIRST if you go down this road and make sure you have everything. Also be prepared and be patient as you will probably get all kinds of questions : http://www.vandyvape.com/category/Warranty_policy

Send pics of wicking method as well.

Back and forth like with most Chinese companies , even a suggest from the man himself to build with 3mm ID LOL.

Needless to say it's a waiting game now.

I have had mine for 3 days. I am very happy with this tank. No grumbles, except it takes a bit longer to ramp up than with other RTA's. So I have to vape at 40 - 50 Watts, which is a bit high for me.

No leaking issues yet. I am the guy who will keep trying different builds and wicking methods until the problem is solved. So if I encounter any leaking issues I will give feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like most of you in this thread I had an issue with the leaking/condensation coming out through the bottom of the afc ring, I followed what @KZOR recommended and voila 3 tanks later and nothing but a little "sweat" right next to the airflow slots, the bottom of the tank and top of the mod is completely dry as seen in the picture.View attachment 93586here's what I did
1)Loosen the 510 pin and re-seat the positive block and re-tighten all the way
2)Place coils in a more natural position as in the pic (by natural I mean if you pull on the coil with the ID rod in it your coil should settle with the center of the ID rod over the center of the post holes). Also wicking should be tight through the coil (not tight enough to deform the coils but tight enough to drag your mod if you tugged on a tail), I'm using a 3mm ID, and comb the tails to prevent dry hits before snipping them to sizeView attachment 935873)Height of the coil should be just so that the bottom of the coil is in line with the top of the side airflow if looked at from the side, as in the picture, also be sure to push the wick away from the airflowView attachment 93588Goodluck guys
so high for the coils?

There was a problem with some of the first batch Kylins.
I managed to get the leaking/condensation down a bit by inhaling alot of the excess vapour out during my drags.
But there is still alot of juice then is acceptable.

I got hold of Vandy Vapes and was asked to submit a couple of pics of the barcode, authentication hologram sticker, the bottom of my tank and my build with how its wicked.
They are sending me a replacement deck which confirms that there were issues with some decks.

So you might be one of the unlucky few like me that have recieved these faulty decks and it doesn't matter what you do it will always leak so i suggest you get a hold of Vandy Vapes to resolve this on
Info@vandyvape.com

There was a problem with some of the first batch Kylins.
I managed to get the leaking/condensation down a bit by inhaling alot of the excess vapour out during my drags.
But there is still alot of juice then is acceptable.

I got hold of Vandy Vapes and was asked to submit a couple of pics of the barcode, authentication hologram sticker, the bottom of my tank and my build with how its wicked.
They are sending me a replacement deck which confirms that there were issues with some decks.

So you might be one of the unlucky few like me that have recieved these faulty decks and it doesn't matter what you do it will always leak so i suggest you get a hold of Vandy Vapes to resolve this on
Info@vandyvape.com

Would be nice to see the pics of the 'leaking' deck and the 'fixed' deck if you don't mind ;) Will help the guys with leaking issues to identify if they have the correct build deck.

Would be nice to see the pics of the 'leaking' deck and the 'fixed' deck if you don't mind ;) Will help the guys with leaking issues to identify if they have the correct build deck.

Will do so once i get the new deck brother. Which is probbaly gonna take about 6 weeks as they sent the new deck using china post.

Back