Kylin RTA from Vandy Vapes

Well 2 weeks to get to SA then another 6 weeks at Sapo so should be here im time for Christmas:-D

Sounds about right. Received a Gearbest package yesterday 52 day after it was sent. Took 8 days to get to SA and it was not held by customs for the rest of the 44 days. Post office limbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn, the bloody shipping time is the ONLY reason i don't import.

What i still fail to understand is how on this earth, in this day, this age, it is possible to experience such delays in what is in essence something that happens without hitch billions of times a day, all over this world, except here in South Africa.

Hetic the kylin got a lot of bad hits here was amped for this tank.

Damn, the bloody shipping time is the ONLY reason i don't import.

What i still fail to understand is how on this earth, in this day, this age, it is possible to experience such delays in what is in essence something that happens without hitch billions of times a day, all over this world, except here in South Africa.

If you willing to pay for dhl it takes 3 days. US sites is pretty expensive starting at $60 but the EU guys starting at £15 also for dhl.

China is about $30. But processing of orders normally take a extra few days before it's shipped.

This morning I removed the Kylin from the Mod. The 510 on the mod was p*$$ wet. The outer ring of the base of the Kylin where the serial number is was wet. It seems Juice leaks out if the outer ring edge of the base of the RTA.

I have no patience to send things back with pics etc. This is a mechanical defect, not a wicking issue. So there is no challenge here for me to resolve.

So for me, the Kylin now sucks, and it will go into my "Collection" box. I don't get rid of any atty I dislike. I just keep them.

Very disappointed.

I

This morning I removed the Kylin from the Mod. The 510 on the mod was p*$$ wet. The outer ring of the base of the Kylin where the serial number is was wet. It seems Juice leaks out if the outer ring edge of the base of the RTA.

I have no patience to send things back with pics etc. This is a mechanical defect, not a wicking issue. So there is no challenge here for me to resolve.

So for me, the Kylin now sucks, and it will go into my "Collection" box. I don't get rid of any atty I dislike. I just keep them.

Very disappointed.

I

That sucks! Have you tried returning it to the vendor you got it from locally?

Last night I gave the Kylin another chance. I re wicked it. It stood upright overnight. So I am happily vaping and watching the cricket now and guess what? There is E liquid piddling out of the outer ring of the base.

I don't have the energy to haggle send it back to the vendor.

The atty also takes too long to ramp up even using 24 Ga wire.

The Kylin is rubbish in my mind. I am so disappointed! I think I must pull a Rob Fisher and throw it over Kloof Gorge.

Last night I gave the Kylin another chance. I re wicked it. It stood upright overnight. So I am happily vaping and watching the cricket now and guess what? There is E liquid piddling out of the outer ring of the base.

I don't have the energy to haggle send it back to the vendor.

The atty also takes too long to ramp up even using 24 Ga wire.

The Kylin is rubbish in my mind. I am so disappointed! I think I must pull a Rob Fisher and throw it over Kloof Gorge.

Yes do it @Waine! The Kylin was an overhyped atty that's for sure... Mine didn't leak like a lot of them did but leaving it overnight on a mod did make me take it off the mod and clean it and add it to the Ho Hum pile! But first I cleaned my precious mod of juice... luckily the mod had a big catch cup!

So this leaking issues seems to be a defect with the first batch of Kylins, as not all of them leak like this and Vandy Vape are sending our replacement parts for those who have issues with the leaking it seems?

My friend got one yesterday and I am heavily impressed with the vape from it, flavour is really good and it is easy to build and wick, airflow is very smooth. If you can get one which doesn't leak I think it could be quite something - although I'd need to have one and sit with it for a bit to see if it could compete with the Petri 24.

The problem is that when you get an issue with a tank or device you never feel the same about it… tried the Kylin and the issues killed it forever for me… same issue I had with my Hussar #4… I had 3 perfect Hussars and used them all the time and then the 4th one arrived and they had the wrong O-Rings with the result that it leaked and at that price (or any price for that matter) it irritated the crap out of me… now the Hussar is a great RTA but I hardly use them anymore because of the issue I had with the one.

I guess the 2 guys that had the issue with the Skyline may feel the same way which is a great pity because the Skyline is unreservedly the best RTA for the 28 watt brigade…

So this leaking issues seems to be a defect with the first batch of Kylins, as not all of them leak like this and Vandy Vape are sending our replacement parts for those who have issues with the leaking it seems?

My friend got one yesterday and I am heavily impressed with the vape from it, flavour is really good and it is easy to build and wick, airflow is very smooth. If you can get one which doesn't leak I think it could be quite something - although I'd need to have one and sit with it for a bit to see if it could compete with the Petri 24.
Will they be sending the new parts to our local vendors or does one have to go through the lengthly process of getting the parts directly from vandy vape?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Will they be sending the new parts to our local vendors or does one have to go through the lengthly process of getting the parts directly from vandy vape?

I have no clue, I would imagine go through Vandy Vapes directly.

I see that the new coloured Kylins are different in that they have kidney shape refill holes and a top metal piece which secures the glass in place.
So I am going to try get myself one and hope they have fixed the leaking issues on those ones.

I agree completely that you should not have issues like this with a tank.

IMG_4226.JPG

I removed the tissue paper after 2 hours of just sitting on my desk, and this is the result.

Friggin irritating!

View attachment 97803

I removed the tissue paper after 2 hours of just sitting on my desk, and this is the result.

Friggin irritating!

Just to confirm, you did watch Bigguy's / sir vapes video on wicking the Kylin? Especially the part where he describes that the juice flow control can move the wicks if too long? After doing what he suggested I had no leaking.

Just to confirm, you did watch Bigguy's / sir vapes video on wicking the Kylin? Especially the part where he describes that the juice flow control can move the wicks if too long? After doing what he suggested I had no leaking.

Thanks for the tip. I am on leave with some spare time. Perhaps I may just do that. I like solving a problem. I was thinking of making rubber washers out of my vape bands at one stage. I may try washers made out Checkers packets if Big Guys's video is of no assistance.

I wonder when the coloured one will arrive in SA, I ordered a blue one from over the seas and hope they do not have the same leaking issue.

I bought mine from the "2nd batch" at Vapeclub according to them and have had no leaks now for weeks. That being said this tank kinda lost its appeal for me and hardly using it now. But only because I still like restricted lung hits more. And If I want desserts and clouds I would rather drip.

Hi all,

Bought a Kylin last week and it leaks. Vendor said they will take it up with Vandyvapes inporter. I don't have the time to wait. Will rather buy someting else.
Being weekend and not in the mood for shops I took to the bench with this issue. Dismantled it to the core of the problem after nothing else seem to fix this leak no matter how its built. I like the flovour it makes so a bit of tinkering didn't phase me much.
I found they didn't make provision for a seal before press fitting the gold deck. This allows juice to trickle down between the base and deck.
Cleaned it all up, added a o-ring and reassembled. Leak gone.

Hi all,

Bought a Kylin last week and it leaks. Vendor said they will take it up with Vandyvapes inporter. I don't have the time to wait. Will rather buy someting else.
Being weekend and not in the mood for shops I took to the bench with this issue. Dismantled it to the core of the problem after nothing else seem to fix this leak no matter how its built. I like the flovour it makes so a bit of tinkering didn't phase me much.
I found they didn't make provision for a seal before press fitting the gold deck. This allows juice to trickle down between the base and deck.
Cleaned it all up, added a o-ring and reassembled. Leak gone.

Added the O-ring where bud ? Bottom of deck so basically between mod and deck or did you un-pressfit the entire deck ?

Back