Kylin RTA from Vandy Vapes

Following, up till now mine's been shelved, hopefully you found a fix for us

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Bought a Kylin last week and it leaks. Vendor said they will take it up with Vandyvapes inporter. I don't have the time to wait. Will rather buy someting else.
Being weekend and not in the mood for shops I took to the bench with this issue. Dismantled it to the core of the problem after nothing else seem to fix this leak no matter how its built. I like the flovour it makes so a bit of tinkering didn't phase me much.
I found they didn't make provision for a seal before press fitting the gold deck. This allows juice to trickle down between the base and deck.
Cleaned it all up, added a o-ring and reassembled. Leak gone.
yes pics if you can bud

Yeah this is exciting.
but i have no idea how the whole deck comes out?

Also interested to know. Pics if possible please.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
@Marcel Keller
But exactly how does one unpress the deck?
You remove positive 510 post screw and insulator. Pull the positive coil mount block and insulator out.
You can now drift it out by sticking a screw driver through the bottom hole and gently tap or press the base out.

Also interested to know. Pics if possible please.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
@Marcel Keller
But exactly how does one unpress the deck?
You remove positive 510 post screw and insulator. Pull the positive coil mount block and insulator out.
You can now drift it out by sticking a screw driver through the bottom hole. Dont loose the ball for the air ring!

You can now drift it out by sticking a screw driver through the bottom hole. Dont loose the ball for the air ring!

Where exactly did you put the extra o-ring in?

Ok so now we know how to open it.
but now im just trying to work out the exact place to put an o-ring?
and where do we get the o-ring? from the spares packet?

So I sent Vandy Vape an mail yesterday with all the details and requirements. They said they will post a new deck to me. They have not given me an ETA though?

So I sent Vandy Vape an mail yesterday with all the details and requirements. They said they will post a new deck to me. They have not given me an ETA though?

Takes a few days , mine is on it's way via the rowboat :)

Has anybody try the o-ring thing yet?

I just sent my email to VV. Will see what happens...

Received a reply from Vandy Vapes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Phil,
Thanks for your email and the pics.
We'll send you a new SS deck for replacement by the end of this week and update tracking then.
Have a nice day.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great service from these guys

Hi All
I really want to get a kylin, but with all these leaking issues do you think it's still worth taking a chance hoping to get a non leaking model?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

FWIW, I have one in Red and it hasn't even hinted at wanting to leak. I think it's safe to go for the coloured ones as they're definitely newer batches with the leaky base problem sorted out.

They also added a top-fill holder cap thingie.

IMG_2029.JPG

FWIW, I have one in Red and it hasn't even hinted at wanting to leak. I think it's safe to go for the coloured ones as they're definitely newer batches with the leaky base problem sorted out.

They also added a top-fill holder cap thingie.

View attachment 98799
Thanks appreciate the feedback

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back