Little to no flavour from Arbiter Solo RDA (mtl/dl)

DubbelG88

New Vaper
LV

Awards
So I recently bought myself an Arbiter Solo RDA (MTL/DL) and I cannot seem to get it working properly. The flavours I've been getting are incredibly muted to non existent on all of the builds I've tried. Is there some secret that I'm missing to building it? I've tried clapton mtl coils, tried making my own with plain wire, I've been using decent cotton (vapefly or cotton bacon) and all coils have been 2.5mm i.d.

Suggestions?

If you are talking about the RTA, then I have found with mine that anything above 0.4 coils is muted. I RDL more than anything and have mine dialled in nicely and it is very good on the flavour

If you are talking about the RTA, then I have found with mine that anything above 0.4 coils is muted. I RDL more than anything and have mine dialled in nicely and it is very good on the flavour
That's what I've noticed too. Best results I've had so far have been a 0.4 ohm, plain wire Ni80 coil (24g, 5 wraps, 2,5mm id comes in at 0.45 ohms). Adjusting the coil height yesterday made a bit of a difference but flavour still hasn't been anything to write home about

I have been using the coil master comp wire 3mm ID 22g at around .3. Contact coil not spaced. Very tight wick in the centre and well thinned for the tails. I find if the wells are too tightly stuffed it does not wick well. No more than 28 W and it is good.

So I think the problem is sorted now. I made a new coil (24g, 2,5mm i.d, 8 wraps, contact spacing, 0,5 ohm), made sure spacing was exactly 3mm from the air hole and used 3mm shoelace cotton for tighter wicking and the flavour has almost doubled just from doing that. Thanks for the advise @Stranger

Glad it worked out. I quite like my Arbiter and the only thing that stops me using it as a daily is the fiddly top cap. Every time I take it off my fat fingers has to tun it back to RDL.

Back