Mod meltdown

Sounds like the 510 connector shorted out, and then cause arcing between the mod body. This would weld the two connectors together, and the protection should have cut it off, but perhaps the load limit to activate this wasnt reached and hence the result.

Can you recall if the mod terminals and those on the atomiser were dry, and not covered in juice? this could also result in a short, depending on the electrical conductivity of the juice in question.

Sorry to hear about the mishap @Bush Vaper.

Personally, I don't think any shorts on the tank, or anywhere on the 510 connector itself could or rather should have caused the issue - unless of course the mod's protection is not what it's cracked up to be. Unfortunately there is no way to predict how electronics that rely on external code to 'tame' it will behave in all circumstances. It likely kept firing at the initial 60W or even full power when the pooh hit the fan.
The fact that it damaged and fused the 510s, and kept smoldering probably means that no internal fuse (if at all fitted) popped, and that it kept drawing high current from the battery too, until either the battery was depleted or the faulty circuit eventually failed.

I would not use the battery again if I was you, as it was likely exposed to a bit more heat than I reckon is good for it.

One thing to keep in mind is that some tanks that may normally behave well during normal use, have a tendency to pee out juice when left unattended in very hot environments, even if they are seemingly empty. This means that it could potentially ruin a good mod if left on it. The snag is that you may not notice juice that seeped into a mod immediately, and it may not even fail straight away.

[EDIT] - Never mind.. Just saw the date of the OP now. :doh: Still glad it did not cause any personal injuries though.

Last edited:
Already got a green minikin and my Minikin Raw with Asmodus Genesis RDTA is landing tomorrow

Minikin Raw!
Awesome @Bush Vaper
You must show us when it arrives. We need a raw pic in the bush !

I've been reading up on Smok mods (Xcubes and H-priv) and it seems they tend to go "poof" regularly. Something to do with faulty boards. Not bad mouthing Smok, it's just what I found researching reviews.
Hey sorry could you provide me with some links I would like to read up about it as well and can't seem to find anything thanks @Zaher619

Oh my word its gorgeous @Bush Vaper
Actually looks great next to the green one

Actually, the green one looks great too

This is actually painful :eek:

:D

Back