Mod meltdown

Bush Vaper

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Sooo this just happened.

Im no expert at this, so I need advice from all you guys on this.

I took my Big Baby of my Minikin and put it on my Osub 80 to burn the coil and then build a deck.

I lit the coil at 60 watts and the next moment the Osub warmed up and smoke came pouring out between the tank and the mod.
I started running outside as I felt the mod warm up and dropped it on the grass.

Smoke continued to slowly come out the usb port and the display flickered on and off.
I left it for a while as I was expecting something to go boom. After about 10 minutes I went back and the mod had cooled down. I carefully unscrewed the tank and the whole pin stayed behind in the mod.

I unscrewed it with my leatherman and the pin inside the mod seems non existent.

I have attached some pics.

Please advise if I have done something wrong or if its just a short that fried the whole mod.

Quite pissed as its basically 2k down the drain.

Thanks guys

Attachments

• IMG_20161130_153717.jpg
    IMG_20161130_153717.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_20161130_153655.jpg
    IMG_20161130_153655.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_20161130_153638.jpg
    IMG_20161130_153638.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 175
Awhh man! that a crap one, sorry for your loss, im sure the techies will chime in with posible causes, user eror seems unlikely, any chance that a wire clipping found its way inside the 510?

Looks like that mamba came just in time

That sucks man! Ive never had anything like this happen but to me it looks like the insulator around the pin may have failed. Not sure what else could have caused that.

Ouch, this looks like a dead short. What puzzles me is that the mod's protection circuit should have cut it off immediately o_O

Thats what I thought....what are the chances of smok replacing the mod @Sir Vape ? Probably zero but if there is an avenue of sorting this out I would like to try. 2k worth of stuff ruined in a second. tank is like 2 weeks old

Sooo this just happened.

I took my Big Baby of my Minikin and put it on my Osub 80 to burn the coil and then build a deck.

I lit the coil at 60 watts and the next moment the Osub warmed up and smoke came pouring out between the tank and the mod.
I started running outside as I felt the mod warm up and dropped it on the grass.

Smoke continued to slowly come out the usb port and the display flickered on and off.
I left it for a while as I was expecting something to go boom. After about 10 minutes I went back and the mod had cooled down. I carefully unscrewed the tank and the whole pin stayed behind in the mod.

I unscrewed it with my leatherman and the pin inside the mod seems non existent.

Please advise if I have done something wrong or if its just a short that fried the whole mod.

Thanks guys
A short in the tank (commercial coils? would be a rare occurance) should have triggered a too low error msg.
Leads me to think that the mod went faulty and the heat melted all in its path, ie both 510 connectors.

A short in the tank (commercial coils? would be a rare occurance) should have triggered a too low error msg.
Leads me to think that the mod went faulty and the heat melted all in its path, ie both 510 connectors.
Jip theyr basically fused. the whole mod must be fried inside as smoke came out the usb and the firing bar also feels sticky and weird now. theyrwasnt the best experience in the world. felt like I was running with a hand grenade. was waiting for the mod to go pop

This is some scary stuff. Glad that it didn't vent or explode. We tend to take our mods for granted, I know I certainly do, rare occurrences like these serve as a reminder for me to always be extra careful. Nothing one can do about a faulty piece of hardware though.

Sorry to hear about this @Bush Vaper
At least you didnt get hurt

So is this the fault of the tank, the mod or the combination of putting that tank on this mod?

Scary stuff indeed

I've been reading up on Smok mods (Xcubes and H-priv) and it seems they tend to go "poof" regularly. Something to do with faulty boards. Not bad mouthing Smok, it's just what I found researching reviews.

Yeah this is the end of the road for me and Smok. Luckilly I received my minikin yesterday. not buying any more Chinese crap. Super scary episode. Thank the pope the battery didnt vent as well.

Sooo this just happened.

Thanks guys
How old is the mod? Does it still fall under the warranty time line?If so take a chance by contacting the vendor and see if arrangements can be made to ship it to the manufacturer.It's worth a shot.imo

Ill
How old is the mod? Does it still fall under the warranty time line?If so take a chance by contacting the vendor and see if arrangements can be made to ship it to the manufacturer.It's worth a shot.imo[/QUOT

Ill have to check the waranty period but I bought the mod from @Sir Vape on the 23rd of September so its not very old at all

Sorry for the loss @Bush Vaper ! This is a scary thing indeed!

Just a heads up that Sir Vape isn't allowed to respond on here, so don't necessarily take their silence on this matter as hiding :rofl: Best to contact them directly and hopefully you have some success!

I was wondering why @Bush Vaper put it in the E-Liquid Talk section

I know the mod melted but I suppose this is a hardware issue

Oh crap sorry guys! must have been so shell shocked that I didnt notice lol. TIA

No worries @Bush Vaper - I can imagine the shock when this happened

Have moved it for you to the "Help My Vape Broke!" subforum.

Back