"Beater" Mod

AlienPhaze

Mech Mods & Fruit Loops
LV

Awards
Need some advice & recommendation

Been on the AIO train now for about a year and can't seem to put these devices down - coming from VW & Mech mods
Big problem is as we all know if a mod is not going to be a desk mod it is going to pick up wear and tear - unfortunately I'm not to fond of the idea of mods of R2.5K and upwards to become "beater" mods

There for I'm looking for recommendation and advice on what to do in terms of a daily beater mod - specifically an AIO device as I can't seem to pick vw , mechs or pods back up again - current fav AIO would have to be the stubby , thinking of maybe grabbing one second hand for this purpose :nusenuse:

Have also had a look at the Lost Vape Centaurus B80 - seems like a better bet then something like the Vandy Vape Pulse

My out & about carry devic is a Cuthulhu AIO. A beater of note. Touch wood, it has never let me down.
Yep. not got a load, a couple of the Pulse versions, the Steam Crave Boro and a couple of the Bantam 18350 boro devices but I prefer the Chulthu AIO by a mile, simple to use and minimalistic but just gets the job done with no issues!

Last edited:
You got high specs for a beater mod.
I would have recommend a voopoo drag pod or a secondhand SX mini SL. and if you know what I know then you'd know why I recommend it. Anyway hope you find what suits you best.

You got high specs for a beater mod.
I would have recommend a voopoo drag pod or a secondhand SX mini SL. and if you know what I know then you'd know why I recommend it. Anyway hope you find what suits you best.
All great option but I have enough VW & pod mods - Thats why im looking for an AIO style device

Seems like the Chulthu AIO is a fan fav - still looking at my options tho

Yep. not got a load, a couple of the Pulse versions, the Steam Crave Boro and a couple of the Bantam 18350 boro devices but I prefer the Chulthu AIO by a mile, simple to use and minimalistic but just gets the job done with no issues!

The Chulthu AIO seems to be the root to take - Will have to see what the second hand market has to hold , as I dont see them available brand new

Also been really looking into the Lost Vape B80 - as most people say its a good budget step up from the pulse versions out there - Coming in at R1100 + Shipping , it might be worth a try , as that is still less then the Chulthu AIO and Stubby 18650 on the second hand market for a new mod

The Chulthu AIO seems to be the root to take - Will have to see what the second hand market has to hold , as I dont see them available brand new

Also been really looking into the Lost Vape B80 - as most people say its a good budget step up from the pulse versions out there - Coming in at R1100 + Shipping , it might be worth a try , as that is still less then the Chulthu AIO and Stubby 18650 on the second hand market for a new mod
I have just never used the B80 but have heard the same!

Have also had a look at the Lost Vape Centaurus B80 - seems like a better bet then something like the Vandy Vape Pulse
I have the B80 and it's holding up, also it's cheap enough that if it breaks I'll not be to worried as it's not crazy expensive. I enjoy the RBA that's included so it's well worth the price. When I get home I do the usual AIO dance, tank out and clean the contacts of all the condensation and use my more expensive kits around the house

I have the B80 and it's holding up, also it's cheap enough that if it breaks I'll not be to worried as it's not crazy expensive. I enjoy the RBA that's included so it's well worth the price. When I get home I do the usual AIO dance, tank out and clean the contacts of all the condensation and use my more expensive kits around the house
Did you buy yours from Vanilla Vapes ? they seem to be the only store that stocks them

Last edited:
Back