MTL Help Voopoo Drag X

Kalashnikov

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi Fellow Vapers,

I have just purchased a Voopoo Drag X Pro Kit which is currently sitting in the for Sale section.

I purchased the PNP RBA Deck to use in a PNP POD hoping to get a slightly loose MTL. Even with the airflow fully closed its not tight enough.

So my next option is to test the PNP RBA in the PNP MTL Pod. Does anyone have any experience with the MTL pod using the RBA?

1658735741849.png

Will i get an MTL pull using the RBA in it. Or am I better off trying to source something like the MechLyfe Voopoo RBA?
Thanks in Advance.

Hi Fellow Vapers,

I have just purchased a Voopoo Drag X Pro Kit which is currently sitting in the for Sale section.

I purchased the PNP RBA Deck to use in a PNP POD hoping to get a slightly loose MTL. Even with the airflow fully closed its not tight enough.

So my next option is to test the PNP RBA in the PNP MTL Pod. Does anyone have any experience with the MTL pod using the RBA?

View attachment 259806

Will i get an MTL pull using the RBA in it. Or am I better off trying to source something like the MechLyfe Voopoo RBA?
Thanks in Advance.
Hi, I had that setup with both RBAs and I sold it, it's difficult to build on and needs to be rewicked daily. You will not get a good MTL pull because the pod is not well sealed so air gets in all around the pod, even with airflow completely closed its still very loose MTL. Only way to get a good MTL vape is with a MTL RTA, I use BSKR V2, Expromizer V4 and Pioneer in MTL setup.

Hi, I had that setup with both RBAs and I sold it, it's difficult to build on and needs to be rewicked daily. You will not get a good MTL pull because the pod is not well sealed so air gets in all around the pod, even with airflow completely closed its still very loose MTL. Only way to get a good MTL vape is with a MTL RTA, I use BSKR V2, Expromizer V4 and Pioneer in MTL setup.
Thats exactly the problem im facing. I was hoping the MTL Pod may be more sealed than the Regular PNP pod. But also the PNP rba deck just seems as it has way too big airslots that even the MTL pod wont help it.

Nothing worse than buying a whole setup that doesnt suit your vaping style :facepalm:. Thanks for the advice though. Probably better off selling it

Thats exactly the problem im facing. I was hoping the MTL Pod may be more sealed than the Regular PNP pod. But also the PNP rba deck just seems as it has way too big airslots that even the MTL pod wont help it.

Nothing worse than buying a whole setup that doesnt suit your vaping style :facepalm:. Thanks for the advice though. Probably better off selling it
Yip, it's a bloody pain in the arse for MTL! Sorry to be the guy to tell you, but rather use it for something else, maybe get the Wotofo rebuildable and do some DL with it, but don't waste any more time trying to get it to do MTL

Probably better off selling it

I wouldn't sell it. Why don't you just get a 510 adapter for it? You can then use the mod for a new MTL RBA.

1658745517063.png

You will at least be starting off with a decent mod. The Drag X Pro has the tried and tested Gene chip and it can operate up to 80W which is way more than you will need for MTL.

There are tons of good MTL RBAs available. Get the consensus of the MTL vapers on the forum and go with one of their suggestions or, better still, :

I would strongly recommend that, as you live in JHB, you go to the forthcoming VAPE X on 31 July.

https://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/vapex-31-july-2022.76036/

If you speak to @vicTor beforehand I'm sure he will be able to put you in touch with some of the MTL vapers who will most likely offer all the advice you need and even let you try their MTL RBAs at VAPE X.

I wouldn't sell it. Why don't you just get a 510 adapter for it? You can then use the mod for a new MTL RBA.

View attachment 259809

You will at least be starting off with a decent mod. The Drag X Pro has the tried and tested Gene chip and it can operate up to 80W which is way more than you will need for MTL.

There are tons of good MTL RBAs available. Get the consensus of the MTL vapers on the forum and go with one of their suggestions or, better still, :

I would strongly recommend that, as you live in JHB, you go to the forthcoming VAPE X on 31 July.

https://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/vapex-31-july-2022.76036/

If you speak to @vicTor beforehand I'm sure he will be able to put you in touch with some of the MTL vapers who will most likely offer all the advice you need and even let you try their MTL RBAs at VAPE X.
Thanks for that. I was looking at the 510 as well. But i guess that would defeat the purpose of buying a Pod system. I did try the 510 at the shop with an mtl tank. It worked well but the device just looked way to huge in height.

I'm coming from a fetch pro with an rba. Very small mtl setup and was great.

I'm looking to maybe get the oxva origin with a rba. If someone can take this device off my hands

The MTL pod is better for MTL simply because of the mouthpiece, personally I have only used it with stock coils! Have heard the RBA isn't great but also the main issue is the Drag X just isn't a MTL device, a previous post eluded to the pod allows too much air but it's the airflow design of the Drag X itself at fault as that controls the air allowed to the pod and even fully closed there is just too much air leakage! I got a decent not just loose but medium MTL with the MTL pod but using it on the Wit which is a similar device to the Drag X with similar airflow design but is fit for purpose and gives much more airflow control!

The MTL pod is better for MTL simply because of the mouthpiece, personally I have only used it with stock coils! Have heard the RBA isn't great but also the main issue is the Drag X just isn't a MTL device, a previous post eluded to the pod allows too much air but it's the airflow design of the Drag X itself at fault as that controls the air allowed to the pod and even fully closed there is just too much air leakage! I got a decent not just loose but medium MTL with the MTL pod but using it on the Wit which is a similar device to the Drag X with similar airflow design but is fit for purpose and gives much more airflow control!
Ya i had the mtl pod. Bought it trying to save having to sell the device. However still so lose and the rba deck had too much airflow.
20220729_103728.jpgSo i ended up getting something else. Even though its an old mod. Not much like it for an Mtl. Much more suiting my vaping style especially with the rba deck.

Ya i had the mtl pod. Bought it trying to save having to sell the device. However still so lose and the rba deck had too much airflow.
View attachment 260086So i ended up getting something else. Even though its an old mod. Not much like it for an Mtl. Much more suiting my vaping style especially with the rba deck.
Much better company than Voopoo, Justin used to be designer at Geekvape bringing us the original Aegis and Zeus before parting ways. Voopoo have stood still pretty much since the drag and although their pod mod systems look good the coils leak and as discussed the what looks like a clever adjustable airflow system isn't fit for purpose!

Just my 2 c on this walked exactly the same road road with my drag x bit the bullet bought a mtl rta (bskr v2 ) and the 510 adapter problem was a decent rta on that 510 plate wobbles around and the whole lot can fall off if you are not careful
Basically drag x is a great mod but not for mtl
Sold my drag x bought a few single battery mods off the forum for less than the price of a new drag x

Back