Mvp Repair:connector Wobble & 0.0 Ohm Rba Issue Fix

Necris

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi All
I recently messed up my MVP by overtightening an evod,its forceable removal resulted in a wobble on the connector thread(small,but annoying,added to the mpt3 drip tip wobble it was quite disconcerting)

I then damaged the rubber washer not tightening the trim ring fully and overtightening my 3d dripper.
Rubber washer.jpg
this resulted in 0.0 readings when using the 510 adapter and similar flat based 510 tanks(pt2,Iclear30)

Here is my fix,idea from @BhavZ and guidance from yotube(slim pickings on this one)

Opened up the top and bottom with a torx head screwdriver
step1.jpg

The removal of the switch was fun,i advise pushing the entire black plastic surround and button assembly down and removing it as a unit.
Below the adapter there is a foam insert that sticks a little,be careful removing this as it is attached to the wires
MVP open.jpg

I reglued the surround to the centre plastic to resolve the wobble,raised the centre pin and glued it in place.
On the business end i adjusted the positioning of the centre rubber washer which has resolved my issue.
will still desolder the wires and replace with a new washer soon.
MVP repair.jpg

And the finished,working product.
needed to keep the rubber washer under the centre post,isnt up to my standards but it works,will do for now
Rubber Washer After.jpg

Hope I never have to do that, but good to know it is do-able! Thanks

Welll,me being me...i killed it.
messed with the rubber o ring a bit more and it broke,so i chopped the sides off of a pt2 coil chimney rubber and fitted that.
firing like a beaut now again,wont be messing with it too soon again

Back