My first Vape hack . (Squonking)

Kalashnikov

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
So being quite bored on this Friday and dreading refilling my RSQ . Suddenly I got a brain wave after seeing how those refill bottles operate .

So the chances of you having these items around may be unlikely but I'm sure with your parts lying around you can do something similar.

Using a OL16 and a bottle from black vapour I have found a perfect match . it fits like a charm and due to the atty lip it can't go all the way through . Plus side the lid still fits so it can still be used. Steps below in pics :-D
20171201_191728.jpg 20171201_191840.jpg 20171201_191902.jpg 20171201_192141.jpg 20171201_192232.jpg 20171201_192458.jpg

So being quite bored on this Friday and dreading refilling my RSQ . Suddenly I got a brain wave after seeing how those refill bottles operate .

So the chances of you having these items around may be unlikely but I'm sure with your parts lying around you can do something similar.

Using a OL16 and a bottle from black vapour I have found a perfect match . it fits like a charm and due to the atty lip it can't go all the way through . Plus side the lid still fits so it can still be used. Steps below in pics :-D
View attachment 115039 View attachment 115040 View attachment 115043 View attachment 115044 View attachment 115042 View attachment 115045
Would a syringe with needle work?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Nice diy work there @Kalashnikov !

I recall @KZOR tried one of these "reverse squonk fillers" that he bought and he reviewed it in a video
It worked but i think he said it was more hassle than it was worth so he didnt recommend it

Wonder how your Macguyver solution compares

My only problem is that i have only one OL16 and there is no way it is going to be repurposed as a filling tool. Hehe

I am with @Silver on this. An ol16 can not be not used for anything other than on a mod. The idea you have is great and i would find a cheaper tank to use. And the post did give me ideas.

Nice diy work there @Kalashnikov !

I recall @KZOR tried one of these "reverse squonk fillers" that he bought and he reviewed it in a video
It worked but i think he said it was more hassle than it was worth so he didnt recommend it

Wonder how your Macguyver solution compares

My only problem is that i have only one OL16 and there is no way it is going to be repurposed as a filling tool. Hehe
So I just went out with it for while and it worked way easier than removing that jelly bottle. It's really what I needed . I'm such a lazy person I look for the easiest ways to make vaping less hassle :). The ol16 fits like a charm because of the oring. It's actually so tight getting it out needed some pliars . and guys this ol16 is a clone:)

View attachment 115039 View attachment 115040 View attachment 115043 View attachment 115044 View attachment 115042 View attachment 115045
Necessity is the mother of invention,I salute you as I find refilling my Sqounk bottle to be a messy pita.I have been using a syringe so as not to make a mess.

Have any of you noticed how the warmer summer weather has affected squonking ? I use the Kangertech bottles on the Dripbox 1 and 2. I think that these are very similar to the Pico Squeeze bottles.
These bottles are a little bit hard in the winter but are perfect (for me) in the summer. I researched the viscosity of VG and how temperature affects it. A ten or so degree rise in temperature makes VG far less viscous (i.e. more runny). The bottles perform perfectly in summer. A light squeeze and you're good to go.
I also far prefer the bottom feed system on the Dripbox 1 and 2 (I think that the Pico Squeeze borrowed this too). I just pull the bottle out of the bottom of the mod(s), and fill it without having to wrestle with a screw cap and tube, and push it back into the mod(s).
For me, life is too short (perhaps literally) to insert a 2 or 3 mm hollow wobbly tube over a short metal pipe. I have never spilt or prematurely squirted (sic) juice into my Dripbox mods.
I only have two wobbly tube BF mods. The Boxer and Frankenskull. I have tried several types of bottles on them, but can't get used to the wobbly tube issue, and struggle to get the bottles out of the mods. They are both clones and perhaps the authentics are better.
I know that opinions will differ on this, and I am only reporting what works for me.
6337801-5.jpg
Perhaps those of you with the Pico Squeeze have had a similar experience.

Have any of you noticed how the warmer summer weather has affected squonking ? I use the Kangertech bottles on the Dripbox 1 and 2. I think that these are very similar to the Pico Squeeze bottles.
These bottles are a little bit hard in the winter but are perfect (for me) in the summer. I researched the viscosity of VG and how temperature affects it. A ten or so degree rise in temperature makes VG far less viscous (i.e. more runny). The bottles perform perfectly in summer. A light squeeze and you're good to go.
I also far prefer the bottom feed system on the Dripbox 1 and 2 (I think that the Pico Squeeze borrowed this too). I just pull the bottle out of the bottom of the mod(s), and fill it without having to wrestle with a screw cap and tube, and push it back into the mod(s).
For me, life is too short (perhaps literally) to insert a 2 or 3 mm hollow wobbly tube over a short metal pipe. I have never spilt or prematurely squirted (sic) juice into my Dripbox mods.
I only have two wobbly tube BF mods. The Boxer and Frankenskull. I have tried several types of bottles on them, but can't get used to the wobbly tube issue, and struggle to get the bottles out of the mods. They are both clones and perhaps the authentics are better.
I know that opinions will differ on this, and I am only reporting what works for me.
View attachment 115064
Agreed . the soft silicon bottles are a lot easy for squonking . but filling them up is a real pain . I'm still using my Pico squeeze daily as a find filling those bottles are a pain free process . I also like that they have lids which makes them handy for carrying around.

I just got a RSQ and man is messy business refilling this thing. So this might be a new way to do it.

View attachment 115064
@Puff the Magic Dragon @Ozeran @Kalashnikov , easier way to seat or remove the little pipe on the RSQ or other squonker that have it is to use a tweezer, makes it easy and not so messy. Used to spill quite a bit when I had mine until someone shared the secret with me. Give it a try, you will be surprised how it changes your joy of squonking. I also prefer the Pico version bottle or system.:D

@Room Fogger . Thanks. I know about the tweezer hack. One of the reviewers showed it a while back. The problem is that I wouldn't want to carry tweezers with me when out and about. The other point is that if a better system exists, then why struggle. Like you I prefer the Pico/Kanger Dripbox/Luxotic system. I have no problem squeezing harder bottles. They also produce a lovely loud squonk noise when pulling back the excess juice.

Just finished a bottle of DIY juice in the Luxotic which reminded me of Jai Haze's review. He got his panties all twisted about not being able to get more than half the juice out of the bottle, no matter how hard he tried. I seem to be super gifted. Time and again I vape it down to about a quarter ml, with 70/30 juice.

Back