My second try at Vaping

***Update***
Currently Vaping Lekka, so I'm over 4 days stinky free. I think I finally :whip: the smoking habit. :party:
However I just love the vaping thing.
Only thing I'm wondering about( don't know if it's wrong settings or me adjusting) is when I have a long stretch between vapes, say like 2 hours or the next morning there is a strong peppery burn on throat with less flavor, but after a few vapes(10 pulls) or so it gradually becomes full flavor and less burn on throat. The vapor amount seems consistent. This let me take softer puffs in beginning and after few vapes I go for platinum:rock:
My settings on svd is 7W
The ejuice is @16mg Nic and I think a Pg/Vg of 70/30

I also thought that like a stronger ciggy, my body adapts after a while, it feels almost like a strong throat hit that gradually becomes softer, anyhoo besides that it's still a very pleasant experience overall and can already say that normal smoke became smelly to me and my normal cup of coffee needs less sugar.Whaat did you all do to me,lol:O

Great going. Well done. Yes, that first hit after a stretch can be strong depending on your juice. Probably more prone to happen with higher PG juices. You could lower the power for that first few toots. As your taste start to normalize your taste buds might play havoc with you for some time - be prepared.

Great going. Well done. Yes, that first hit after a stretch can be strong depending on your juice. Probably more prone to happen with higher PG juices. You could lower the power for that first few toots. As your taste start to normalize your taste buds might play havoc with you for some time - be prepared.

My first vape of the morning i drop my power 5watt or so .. just for 10min sometime a bit longer.

The higher PG tends to kick a little more in the mornings, also remember that your body is starting to heal itself so it will take a few days or even weeks to normalize and get used to vaping.

@Phrozin as a fellow starter to the whole vaping scene, i have realised after some research that it could also be the high level of nic. i bought 18mg and dammmmm the th almost kills me like taking a puff from a stinky for the first time. I read somewhere that if you fast steep the juice you can lose some nic thus making the th less. will let you know when i have tried it. Maybe the others can shed some light in the fast steeping and if its true?

Awesome news, thanks for replying so quick;-) You all are really awesome people:rock:
I thought as much, 'cause I read the forums and video reviews and thought that my setup was done correctly.
I will definitely get the watts a lil lower in mornings and I fully agree my taste buds playing havoc as well, even steak and chops spice taste stronger for meo_O

But i'm so stoked and currently vaping like a pro(huge clouds, the reviews didn't lie about the Nautilus Mini) .I'm also grateful for my friends and family supporting me as well;)

I'm currently busy as well to try and get the old cigarette look alike with glowing tip up and running. I took out their horrendous wicking out of plastic "filter" and wanna add some cotton with premium juice to see if it will work

Last edited:
@Phrozin , also something for you to try , grab a bottle of Vegetable Glyserine BP from the chemist , take 3mls of joose out of a bottle with a syringe and add 2mls of VG into the syringe and shake well , if it's too thick and causes dry hits add a few drops of distilled water , this mix will be for mornings , and it will tell you if you should look at a slightly lower nic and better PG/VG mix . ie a 50/50 , adding VG will lower the Nic level slightly . do this as a test .. to see what you prefer

Ok, so now it's two weeks without the stinkies:party:
Thanks to all excellent advise here and much appreciated help form Walter @ eCiggies. My Innokin Svd 1.0 started giving me the dreaded power button failure as mentioned on numerous websites , for ex: http://www.fasttech.com/forums/1376500/t/1084853/fire-button-problem/1
When I phoned my above mentioned supplier he informed me that I got the last one and no new ones will be coming in due to the soon to be released Innokin SVD 2.0. He asked If I would be ok with alternate replacement and I said I didn't have a problem ( so long I could Vape). With no hesitation he sent me a Innokin MVP which I received today and just had to say this is one fine device. Rock solid and no problems.
All my problems is finally sorted, even juice. I see I like a 8W Vape on the svd and now even on the MVP.

Now only to get the Svd 2.0(can do sub-ohm) and a lekka RBA( something like the Russian or kayfun). Think you all created ...ahem..a Vape Whoar:rolleyes:

Way to go. Congrats on the 2 weeks, you have done the hard yards.
See VapeDen has stock of the SVD 2!

it is fantastic that you guys did not give up on vaping. soon cigs will smell disgusting as your smell returns. keep it up and well done.

Back