My subox mini fell in the bath!!!

AniDey

Tannie into vaping
LV

Awards
Had a terrible mishap this morning!
My Subox mini fell in the bath.
I immediately dried it with a towel, and then I dumped it in the rice tin.
Will it survive??

@AniDey THAT IS A REAL BAD ONE! I think it might just survive, however, I don't think the battery will. Do youself a favour, DO NOT TAKE it out of the rice for a week!! Let it just sit there.

OUCH! Only time will tell on this one. Did you pull the battery out?

Agree with Casper on that, the more time you leave it in the rice the better.

I did pull the battery out.
It is also in the rice.

Yeah would suggest the battery get chucked, cannot trust that it will not give issues or be a hazard.

After 2 days, chuck the rice out, and add new rice! I have saved a cellphone like that before. The secret is to leave it in!

Holding thumbs it survives @AniDey

Unfortunately so yes! It should survive, but don't know how YOU are going to survive!?

The battery is the least of the problems as that is sealed and will definitely survive the ordeal.
Keeping fingers crossed for the mod though as electronics and water do not generally gel, despite the fact that they heavily attract each other.

Me neither, @Casper
I have a Twisp. It will just have to do.

Last edited:
Me neither.
I have a Twisp. It will just have to do.
Hi there, once forgot my subbox outside overnight with heavy rains. Retrieved it the next morning, took it apart and dried it out and put it in the sun for the day (did'nt know about the rice solution) after that I assembled it and it is still working, the only damage was the usb port, would not charge after this ordeal and have to use an external charger.

Sent from my E5633 using Tapatalk

@AniDey I am not sure of that Twisp battery will be able to cope with the power and the resistance of that tank!

Might be worth check it out first!

So to hear about your bath-episode!

I think you have a better chance of the batteries being ok than the device, hehe.. DC when exposed to water for that short period of time should be all good...

The device if you did not power it on should be fine as well, as long as you leave it to dry our completely... be patient on this one to ensure that it is completely dry before you try and turn it on again...

Good Luck man

Hi there, once forgot my subbox outside overnight with heavy rains. Retrieved it the next morning, took it apart and dried it out and put it in the sun for the day (did'nt know about the rice solution) after that I assembled it and it is still working, the only damage was the usb port, would not charge after this ordeal and have to use an external charger.

Do you think I can take the whole rice box outside, @acorn ?
Luckily the sun is out in Vaalwater.

It could speed up the process, did you take the subbox apart? Actually quite easy, in the battery bay is two screws, one is underneath the little round sticker, remove the screws and unit will slide out from casing

No, that will not make any difference at all. Leave it in a cool dry place.

Gents @AniDey , by the look of the finger nails, and info on the member, he is a she. LOLOL

At least your KBOX took a nice bath and is clean! LOLOL Shame, I hope it works again, and please update us!

A Weekend without a MOD...........it is bound to be a LOOOOOONG ass weekend for you!

Sorry to hear of your ordeal @AniDey, the problem with water on electronic boards is corrosion that leads to short circuits later on. Have a look at this video to find a better way of dealing with water logged electronics.

Had a terrible mishap this morning!
My Subox mini fell in the bath.
I immediately dried it with a towel, and then I dumped it in the rice tin.
Will it survive??
I think you may be lucky. Mine fell in a fishpond at a bar near KOSI-Bay. Luckily I had a backup mod, but mine survived, in fact I sold it a wile ago and the guy is very happy up to date.

Back