New Coils

Ruwaid

Elite Vaper
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Howzit guys

So yesterday I decided to buy a RDTA to help m learn how to build coils in the very near future and reduce costs for me of buying commercial coils.

So got the Wasp Nano RDTA and the salesman also advised me to take these:
20180223_074854.jpg

Please can I ask for some advice on the below from the knowledgable out here :)
*He said these coils can last a month each if taken care of...is this true?
*Only need to change wick/cotton every week or so depending on my usage
*what watts can I vape these coils at? 25 to 30w?
*Besides a scissor and coil tool that they come with...what other tools would I need?

Thank you guys!!

Hey @Ruwaid, I agree with him. And I don't think you need anything else really.

*He said these coils can last a month each if taken care of...is this true?
True .... can even last longer depending on quality of the wire. Caramels, chocolates and coffees require dry burning more frequently. :)

*Only need to change wick/cotton every week or so depending on my usage
True .... especially when vaping fruity flavors.

*what watts can I vape these coils at? 25 to 30w?
You could even go as high as 40 - 50W with the 0.35 coil.

*Besides a scissor and coil tool that they come with...what other tools would I need?
Pliers for snipping your wire legs and tweezers for tucking of the cotton.

@Alex Thank you @KZOR thank you as well bud for that tgable...really useful :) I am currenrly using coffee...please tell me what you mean by dry burning more frequently? Sorry for the noob question. :-(

what you mean by dry burning
When you start to lose flavor or want to switch to a new flavor then you remove the cotton from your coils and heat them up till they red hot. Almost like cleaning a previously used braai grid ........ heating it up so all the gunk gets crispy and can be scratched or washed off. :)

@KZOR By Dry Burning you mean heating up and then strumming the coil bud? Should this be done each time you change the cotton/wick?

Isnt heating up/dry burning metal like that dangerous due to oxidized material that is built up on the coil during a dry burn and probably stays on the coil for the cpil life span and possible inhalation during vaping?

When you start to lose flavor or want to switch to a new flavor then you remove the cotton from your coils and heat them up till they red hot. Almost like cleaning a previously used braai grid ........ heating it up so all the gunk gets crispy and can be scratched or washed off. :)
Awesome bud!!

howzit guys

I know this might be child's play for most of you here but just wana make sure I do the right thing when I change the cotton n coil on my RDTA. So wanted to cahnge the cotton soon on the Wasp Nano and wanted to find:
* the thicker the piece of cotton you use the better/denser the flavour?
* when I do change the coil, what would be the best setup for flavour n cloud (combo of both)...level the top of the coil with the top of the posts/decks? Bigger flavour with a lower or higher placed coils guys?
* silly question here but can the wasp nano work on a BF Squonk mod? :blush:

Thank you guys

This is how it looks currently with the setup done previously at the vape store:

20180228_144641.jpg 20180228_144847.jpg

EDIT: Do BF squonk mods only work on RDA's? As mine is a RDTA it wont work?
You can use any atty on a BF mod but will only be able to feed the atty from the mod if the atty has a BF pin. Some RDTA's have a BF pin so you can fill the tank from the mod's bottle. Hope this makes sense

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

To the best of my knowledge it does not come with a bf pin but the tank is very easy to refill, cap comes off easily if it's built on the same lines as the RDA and the full holes seem to be large enough to not be problematic

@Stillwaters thank you bud...do you perhaps know if the Wasp Nano RDTA has a BF pin already or can it be changed to a BF pin?
I think you'll find a BF pin in the box! You can just unscrew the solid one, and replace it with the hollow one.

The rest of your questions would be best answered by someone that owns one, which isn't me. :-D

I think you'll find a BF pin in the box! You can just unscrew the solid one, and replace it with the hollow one.

The rest of your questions would be best answered by someone that owns one, which isn't me. :-D
Hi @Stosta. The Wasp RDA comes with a BF pin but the reviews I looked at didn't mention one for the RDTA so I'm assuming it doesn't. I may well be mistaken as I don't have the RDTA, only the RDA.

The problem with a BF pin on a RDTA is that the pin must rise to the level of the top of the tank or the tank just drains dry through the pin. This comment is made on the basis of logic only, not personal experience, as I don't have a RDTA and I may very well be mistaken. I'm sure other, more experienced guys will correct me if I'm wrong

Hi @Stosta. The Wasp RDA comes with a BF pin but the reviews I looked at didn't mention one for the RDTA so I'm assuming it doesn't. I may well be mistaken as I don't have the RDTA, only the RDA.

The problem with a BF pin on a RDTA is that the pin must rise to the level of the top of the tank or the tank just drains dry through the pin

No you're quite right! It would help if I read the post properly :confused:

I'm going to use sleep-deprivation as a defense!

HAHAHA thanks guys!!
Yeah also just confirmed with @ace_d_house_cat that it is only the RDA that copkes with a BF pin. Reviews of the wasp RDTA do say the pin is exchangable though.
It may well be exchangeable but will probably not be high enough for a tank

howzit guys

I know this might be child's play for most of you here but just wana make sure I do the right thing when I change the cotton n coil on my RDTA. So wanted to cahnge the cotton soon on the Wasp Nano and wanted to find:
* the thicker the piece of cotton you use the better/denser the flavour?
* when I do change the coil, what would be the best setup for flavour n cloud (combo of both)...level the top of the coil with the top of the posts/decks? Bigger flavour with a lower or higher placed coils guys?
* silly question here but can the wasp nano work on a BF Squonk mod? :blush:

Thank you guys

This is how it looks currently with the setup done previously at the vape store:

View attachment 124187 View attachment 124188
@Ruwaid
Regarding the amount of cotton, you are going to get different opinions. Since I started Vaping all I heard was less is more...and a couple of weeks ago I found something on YouTube where this point of view was completely thrown for a loop. I wick as hard as possible now and for me I definitely find the vape more dense. Try a few methods and find the 1 for you, cotton is cheap.
As to coil placement, I put them directly in line with the airflow holes, I chase flavour, clouds is a bonus.

Back