New Heavy duty positive contact

DoubleD

Vaporous Maximus
LV

Awards
The modmaster just added a new addition for those button smashers out there.

http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?p...&category_id=3&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=9

"These are thicker contacts, this will make pushing the button harder. I wouldnt even try these without a button cover . It will take some time for these to break in. As far as voltage drop, I haven't tested it. I would assume there would be a slight improvement."

heavy_duty_Grand_55afb2be6f95e.jpg

I dont need them, I just want them :D

Thanks for the headsup @DoubleD
If it has a lower voltage drop and its sturdier, i think it could be a good thing
I dont mind a slightly tougher button push

I will probably never need one because I'm not a masher... but will add one to my next shipment just because. ;-)

These heavy duty contracts are rather hard.
I had one on my reo for a full day and hated it.

Granted I didn't need noalax because it wasn't arcing with the heavy duty but I had to press the fire button all the way down and it required a lot of effort.
The door kept sliding up with the way I hold the reo and I realised my thumb does not need exercise.

Perfect for manly men.
I'm back on the normal contact as of 20 minutes ago.

I have never put them on any of my Reos (not a masher), not even sure if I even ever added one to my huge stash of extra Reo parts (that have also not been needed). Me thinks training yourself how to fire Reos is a far better choice, same as learning how to squonk them to avoid flooding/leaks and dry hits.

These heavy duty contracts are rather hard.
I had one on my reo for a full day and hated it.

Granted I didn't need noalax because it wasn't arcing with the heavy duty but I had to press the fire button all the way down and it required a lot of effort.
The door kept sliding up with the way I hold the reo and I realised my thumb does not need exercise.

Perfect for manly men.
I'm back on the normal contact as of 20 minutes ago.
I have never put them on any of my Reos (not a masher), not even sure if I even ever added one to my huge stash of extra Reo parts (that have also not been needed). Me thinks training yourself how to fire Reos is a far better choice, same as learning how to squonk them to avoid flooding/leaks and dry hits.
My previous reo grand lp, I changed out the fire pin to a heavy duty contact and it softened out after a days use.
I ended up enjoying the heavy duty contact more because it gave extra resistance to the finger firing and felt solid.
Also the arcing bothered me slightly on the normal contact.
I have however come to appreciate what you are saying about learning the device or rather becoming intimate with a device and it's firing mechanism and squonk mechanism.

Back