NOOB ALERT: A Question Rephrased:

Please forgive the bit of a derail @Lord Vetinari, but does seem as if you have your questions answered. Please, do not hesitate to shout if you have any further queries.

@Sprint - Aha, thought I detectived that you are a Reonaut a couple of days ago in another thread. Congrats mate. Glad you are enjoying the vape. Most welcome to Reoville. Here is your official Reonaut badge:

pOwIu8r.jpg
Indeed Yes. Well as far as is possible without some investment. Very cool community this.

Heh - time zone differences meant I missed out on this discussion but good for you @Lord Vetinari for starting the thread.

My quick take...

* REO's are NOT elitist. Worldwide, it is one of the most inviting cults... er... fan groups of any mod ever made. Never met a Reonaut who wouldn't take all day to help someone wondering about them get all the info they needed and encourage them to get one. Every board I've been on has a REO following and that group does things like track where they live and cheer another person entering Reoville with an official acknowledgement. Why, there was a Reonaut badge given out in this very thread, and we'd love for you to get yours.

* REO's are prolly the most iconic exemplar of a paradigm shift - squonking, as opposed to dripping or tanks. There's a thread on this board about "your aha moment" in vaping. I'm sure you've read it and I'm sure you've also noted how many responders put their first use of a REO on their list. For many, use of a REO can be that profound. It's not just the vape per se - it's the whole package, with on-demand bottom fed juice being a huge factor.

* REO's are nigh indestructible. What few parts break are replaceable - the manufacturer (a lovely chap who lives in Maine in the US) has everything you need to maintain your REO through even the harshest of "incidents" available on his website. Should you ever damage it beyond the point of an easy repair (and are not up to breaking out the tools and going to work on it yourself), you can always send it in to be repaired. I have NEVER heard of a REO that had to be thrown away.

tl;dr - they're different, more effective, indestructible, and loved for life by nearly everyone who gets one. Come join us.

Heh - time zone differences meant I missed out on this discussion but good for you @Lord Vetinari for starting the thread.

My quick take...

* REO's are NOT elitist. Worldwide, it is one of the most inviting cults... er... fan groups of any mod ever made. Never met a Reonaut who wouldn't take all day to help someone wondering about them get all the info they needed and encourage them to get one. Every board I've been on has a REO following and that group does things like track where they live and cheer another person entering Reoville with an official acknowledgement. Why, there was a Reonaut badge given out in this very thread, and we'd love for you to get yours.

* REO's are prolly the most iconic exemplar of a paradigm shift - squonking, as opposed to dripping or tanks. There's a thread on this board about "your aha moment" in vaping. I'm sure you've read it and I'm sure you've also noted how many responders put their first use of a REO on their list. For many, use of a REO can be that profound. It's not just the vape per se - it's the whole package, with on-demand bottom fed juice being a huge factor.

* REO's are nigh indestructible. What few parts break are replaceable - the manufacturer (a lovely chap who lives in Maine in the US) has everything you need to maintain your REO through even the harshest of "incidents" available on his website. Should you ever damage it beyond the point of an easy repair (and are not up to breaking out the tools and going to work on it yourself), you can always send it in to be repaired. I have NEVER heard of a REO that had to be thrown away.

tl;dr - they're different, more effective, indestructible, and loved for life by nearly everyone who gets one. Come join us.
I am already convinced. ONLY problem is this is going to be hard while trying to get HRH to un-ex me, but I do like to live on the edge

@Lord Vetinari you have undoubtedly seen the thread I started because of a leak on my one reo. It is at least 18 months old, and as soon as the R325 repair kit arrives this week, she will be good as new. I spent 10 minutes on her aesthetics earlier. Judge for yourself.

20160403_185008_resized.jpg 20160403_185027_resized.jpg

@Lord Vetinari you have undoubtedly seen the thread I started because of a leak on my one reo. It is at least 18 months old, and as soon as the R325 repair kit arrives this week, she will be good as new. I spent 10 minutes on her aesthetics earlier. Judge for yourself.

View attachment 50111 View attachment 50112
Nice but... YE GODS... WHAT is that off to the right?! I am sorry that mod is catching my eye BIG TIME. Is that wood and brass?! SICK. Pic please.

Nice but... YE GODS... WHAT is that off to the right?! I am sorry that mod is catching my eye BIG TIME. Is that wood and brass?! SICK. Pic please.
It's a Steel Punk Slug mod. Single 18650 mech. Love them. Got one from Vapemob and the other from Fasttech

20160331_193505_resized.jpg

Love the steel punk. The switch gets a bit of getting use to.

@Lord V Oh my word....what a thread? At first I thought you were tying to stir the pot. But I'm glad you made a come back.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Back