Nothing on Twisp's bully tactics?

• Thread starter wikked
  • Start date
Or OP could be giggling from a well executed troll. So till an actual vendor speaks up about receiving a cease and desist letter;
Perhaps we shouldn't pick up the pitchforks just yet.

Well executed troll would also be a poorly executed defamation of business. That would not be cool!

Actually: I think we should get this thread closed. Innocent until.....you know the drill. What think you?

Well executed troll would also be a poorly executed defamation of business. That would not be cool!

Actually: I think we should get this thread closed. Innocent until.....you know the drill. What think you?

They still sell overpriced relabelled junk so....

Or OP could be giggling from a well executed troll. So till an actual vendor speaks up about receiving a cease and desist letter;
Perhaps we shouldn't pick up the pitchforks just yet.
U WOT M8

R Y AVN A GIGGL M8!

I've seen the letter and have a copy, and out of respect for some of the vendors I won't post it. It's up to them to post the exact contents, but most of it is giggle worthy.

R Y AVN A GIGGL M8!

I've seen the letter and have a copy, and out of respect for some of the vendors I won't post it. It's up to them to post the exact contents, but most of it is giggle worthy.
I won't lie, I did have a laugh at the whole thing in general

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

If there is an ounce of truth in Twisp's claims then Joyetech can shove it. Either way, if that's how they want to play it I will never buy another Joyetech product again. My order for an Evic VT has been cancelled.

You see Twisp basically sold Justfog under their own brand. Justfog products were made under two production lines.

Justfog even on their own were prevented from supplying anyone in south Africa but the products still got here in their original shape and form :) .In the end Justfog terminated their contract with Twisp.Its so very hard to ensure compliance especially when dealing with the chinese.

Im sure wel be finding replica twisp stall soon :)

Btw Twisp was made in China and not Dutch/German designed or Made as fabricated by Twisp who misled customers.

I was going to buy the twisp drip tips, but f em if they gonna be like this.

if any of the vendors want legal advice send me a pm... would be unethical to advise any party here without hearing from the actual aggrieved parties and reading the letters of demand

If there is an ounce of truth in Twisp's claims then Joyetech can shove it. Either way, if that's how they want to play it I will never buy another Joyetech product again. My order for an Evic VT has been cancelled.

People's knee-jerk reactions online will always amaze me...

Don't forget to leave a review :)

They're trying to commit commercial suicide. Really theres not much else in the way of an explanation.

As for Joyetech, well their conduct is pretty questionable. For example, they set the prices that vendors can sell their gear at, so if say a vendor wishes to have a special and drop the price, Joyetech will never sell to that vendor again, if the catch wind of it. Not to mention, the fact that they're perfectly happy to flat out lie about the capabilities of some of their devices. They kinda make crappy tanks. eGo one MEGA is pretty sub par, Delta 2 is ok, but there are better vapes to be had for significantly less $$$ and less power.

With that in mind, they're the perfect fit for Twisp, who over charge, and who treat the market with a stiff dose of ignorance, with side orders of greed, disinterest and contempt.

I was having a conversation earlier today with some people about the industry, and where the rot stems from is a lack of passion, this is purely a means to an end for them. There's no passion, no real interest in the community beyond extracting revenue.

Sure they put up billboards, and they're the gateway for many a stinky smoker to get onto vaping. But, that doesn't change the fact that they're perpetrators of some pretty significant douchebag behaviour.

Is that really the kind of place you want to support?

Screenshot. Some complained they cannot see it.

Here is the alternate link for computers, the other was a mobile link:

ScreenShot_20150811212854.jpeg

Ok I cannot understand how they have a case. I am no lawyer. I will explain one example below, and there are many I could list.

Since I can remember there have been grey/parallel imports of hi-fi and TV components. We have authorised agents in this country who would not repair these grey units. Philips were the exception from what I can remember who would repair these grey units. Never once was there any mention that these goods were brought in illegally. They were imported from various agents in the East, sometimes Europe. They were paid for and customs duties, surcharges and VAT were paid. From understanding this, the only gripe Twisp would have would be with Joyetech themselves. Look at America & the UK, the 2 ebay's I frequent. There are tons of products that are imported in a parallel fashion. I'm sure our commercial laws are similar to theirs.

I just posted this on their Facebook page ... can't wait for reply :-D

tw.jpg

Last edited:
Back