Silver

Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
After about 8yrs , my mighty iStick20 was nearing end of life...
(Not holding its charge for long enough)

Those who know me will know my passion for this little mighty combo:
Never gives up, reliable
Rugged and can take a fall
Small enough to conceal
Great vape with the right “high octane” fluid

Luckily, about 2yrs ago or so I managed to buy a new iStick20 from @BumbleBee. He ordered a few. Somehow they were still in stock overseas. I kept it in my vape cupboard, knowing that when the day comes, I would put the new one into service

So here is the new one in my hand this morning - with a new Evod1 and silica 2 ohm coil

4CA68D9B-7081-4AF6-AC8E-DA06B0F5096A.jpeg

I only vape one juice in this tank. It’s Vapour Mountain Berry Blaze 18mg (from @Oupa ), to which I add some VM menthol concentrate to make it pop nicely.

Despite the low power, it gives a lovely MTL vape with a surprising throat hit. Great for the mornings. Over the last three years I’ve transitioned to exclusive MTL Vaping, so this setup is perfect for me. It’s also a great device for out and about.

I’m sending a special message to the creators of this combo. Eleaf/Joyetech for the Mod and Kangertech for the Evod1 tank.

Loved my iStick back in the day. I prefer DL vaping so it has long since been passed on.

Just thinking here, but wouldn't a battery place be able to fit new batteries into your old device? Just Batteries in Benoni put new batteries into a battery pack of a very old cordless drill for a mate of mine. Maybey they, or someplace similar, could source an appropriate battery and replace it for you?

Loved my iStick back in the day. I prefer DL vaping so it has long since been passed on.

Just thinking here, but wouldn't a battery place be able to fit new batteries into your old device? Just Batteries in Benoni put new batteries into a battery pack of a very old cordless drill for a mate of mine. Maybey they, or someplace similar, could source an appropriate battery and replace it for you?
It was very likely a nicad pack, but I've found the these repacking places dont want to touch li ion.
IPP in Milnerton also wont do laptop batts for the same reason, as well as case sealing issues I spose.
They were quite happy to do nicad's and NiMh for my old RC stuff.

Thanks @baksteen8168
I think it’s just a 18650 in there.
2200 mah

I suppose I could open it up and replace the batt with a bit of soldering.

But my soldering days are long gone. Back in the day I made little circuits for my car with Knight Rider LEDs to make criminals confused and I thought it looked cool. I was a solder pro. Haha.

If I didn’t have the new I stick I would have done that. Still keeping the old one in case

8 years on a rechargeable device is more than excellent value for money!!! The only thing that can compete with your pico 20 is this high end mod :)

1669109678628.png

My condolences @Silver

Thanks @Halfdaft
But I am actually so chuffed. Been vaping on the new one out the box (was half charged) and have done a tank already and the battery indicator hasnt moved yet
Plus the mod is nice and new - so I am a happy vaper!

Also will be doing service at VapeCon - nothing worse than a heavy mod in the pocket :)

Nice one @Grand Guru

View attachment 266135I still have a couple of these and although not used often are still going strong. Must also be around 8 years by now.

Thanks @Stranger
I tried that Mini iStick back in the day - but preferred my one because it had better feel in the hand
the Mini was just too short to get a nice grip on it - lol

After about 8yrs , my mighty iStick20 was nearing end of life...
(Not holding its charge for long enough)

Those who know me will know my passion for this little mighty combo:
Never gives up, reliable
Rugged and can take a fall
Small enough to conceal
Great vape with the right “high octane” fluid

Luckily, about 2yrs ago or so I managed to buy a new iStick20 from @BumbleBee. He ordered a few. Somehow they were still in stock overseas. I kept it in my vape cupboard, knowing that when the day comes, I would put the new one into service

So here is the new one in my hand this morning - with a new Evod1 and silica 2 ohm coil

View attachment 266111

I only vape one juice in this tank. It’s Vapour Mountain Berry Blaze 18mg (from @Oupa ), to which I add some VM menthol concentrate to make it pop nicely.

Despite the low power, it gives a lovely MTL vape with a surprising throat hit. Great for the mornings. Over the last three years I’ve transitioned to exclusive MTL Vaping, so this setup is perfect for me. It’s also a great device for out and about.

I’m sending a special message to the creators of this combo. Eleaf/Joyetech for the Mod and Kangertech for the Evod1 tank.
It has an 18650 fitted internally ...If required, I could spot weld a couple of solder tags onto something like a Samsung 35E, (It's 8A Continuous cell), and get the extra capacity out of it whilst you're about it

1669231073799.png

Last edited:
It has an 18650 fitted internally ...If required, I could spot weld a couple of solder tags onto something like a Samsung 35E, (It's 8A Continuous cell), and get the extra capacity out of it whilst you're about it

View attachment 266188

thanks @Intuthu Kagesi
im in no desperate need right now - but I do think I might take you up on it - just out of interest
will be in touch

Yeah, those mini's were only 10w too, yours a 20 I think. They were great for my justfog q14's and MTL

Ya, mine is 20W
But I use it on the EVOD at only 4.5Watts.
Remember with these there was an issue with the power. This mod on 4.5 Watts is like a conventional mod on 7 Watts or so.
I can't remember the exact reason. Something to do with the way the board measures the power. RMS vs DC equivalent. Or something to that effect.
Phil Busardo did lengthy videos back in the day with his equipment and oscilloscopes to explain

Anyway, its a mighty little device and I like it a lot.

Took this device to VapeCon

Didn't vape on it exclusively but had about 4/5 tankfuls over 4 days.
Battery indicator barely dropped
No recharging

That's what I like :)

Back