Old Faithfull Subox mini on its last...

Lehan

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi Guys,

So my 2 year old Subox mini has been dropped a few times to much. I would like to replace it with something similar but i'm struggling to find a nice single battery mod.

I do have a couple of other devices but used the Subox when i'm on the go, its easy to fill and wick when i'm out and about and light to carry around in my pocket.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good replacement? I'm not to fond of the Pico. I don't have an good reason for it, i just don't fancy it.

The Smok AL85? Although if the raised battery cap of the Pico is what's putting you off, the Smok has the same feature.

I have to be honest I have bought a lot of single battery devices and none of them are able to replace my Subox.

It's not necessarily about function, but I think because I view it as an old POS thing, I don't mind throwing it into my bag or pocket, or knocking it over. But the others I'm very careful about how I handle them.

The Pico has a sort "slippery" feel to it. So although it's price point should make me feel the same way it simply doesn't.

Are you only looking for a single 18650? If not you can try for internal battery mod.
The istick qc200 is very affordable and with a 5000mah internal plus its very light and you will get benefit of better battery life at a very cheap price.
https://www.vapeking.co.za/eleaf-istick-qc-200-tc-box-mod.html

Hi @Kalashnikov

I do currently have 6 x 18650 batteries thats in good condition.

Just the fact of not being able to rotate batteries and charging with a external charger puts me off. I use my Subox as my Primary mod, its always with me with a spare battery or 2.

I have to be honest I have bought a lot of single battery devices and none of them are able to replace my Subox.

It's not necessarily about function, but I think because I view it as an old POS thing, I don't mind throwing it into my bag or pocket, or knocking it over. But the others I'm very careful about how I handle them.

The Pico has a sort "slippery" feel to it. So although it's price point should make me feel the same way it simply doesn't.

Hi @Stosta

This is exactly how i feel. Sucks to hear that i might not be able to replace it with something similar.

The Smok AL85? Although if the raised battery cap of the Pico is what's putting you off, the Smok has the same feature.

Hi @RichJB

I don't think its the look alone that puts me off from getting the Pico, it's also the feel of it in my hand. I don't get that "indestructible" feel that i have with my Subox.

@Lehan

I am with you and understand how you feel - regarding hard to replace old faithful gear that one "connects" with and enjoys.

I can't really advise you but let us know what you decide in the end and how it goes...

You can not go wrong with the Evic VTC Mini if you want a single battery mod. The only snag is if you intend using a Subtank Mini on it, it's not going to fit flush and wobble due to the design of the 510 connector.

The benefit of the Evic Primo Mini is the fact that 25 mm atties will fit with no overhang, and I see they mention a 4mm to 5.5mm 510 depth.

@Lehan

I am with you and understand how you feel - regarding hard to replace old faithful gear that one "connects" with and enjoys.

I can't really advise you but let us know what you decide in the end and how it goes...

Thanks @Silver - Will let you know

You can not go wrong with the Evic VTC Mini if you want a single battery mod. The only snag is if you intend using a Subtank Mini on it, it's not going to fit flush and wobble due to the design of the 510 connector.

The benefit of the Evic Primo Mini is the fact that 25 mm atties will fit with no overhang, and I see they mention a 4mm to 5.5mm 510 depth.

Hi @Kuhlkatz

My thoughts exactly. I'm currently leaning towards the Evic Primo Mini from what i saw. I do have a few 25mm atties that i might want to use on a smaller powered Mod. Although, this might not be ideal for something big as the Griffin. This might just make it bulky defeating the object of getting a single bat Mod.

Back