PG/VG Ratios?

T666

Tenacious Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi All,

What is your preferred PG/VG Ratio? 70/30 - 50/50?

Also, would there be a difference in DTL Vs. MTL ratios?

Hi All,

What is your preferred PG/VG Ratio? 70/30 - 50/50?

Also, would there be a difference in DTL Vs. MTL ratios?
It's not necessarily a personal choice although it can be. More device driven. Pods and some Sub Ohm coils are more suited to a thinner fluid so higher PG ratio. Some pods / Sub coils are suited to 70/30 some 60/40 and some 50/50. That's the way I understand things.

Commonly, DL is 70/30 (most common) or 60/40 and MTL is 60/40 or 50/50 (most common).
That being said, there are people who DL with 50/50 and even (slightest minority) who MTL with 70/30.
End of the day two factors are to be kept in mind.
1 - The tank you're using along with the wattage. If I was to try and DL on 50/50 on my Reload at the 73W I am vaping, I would have more juice on my hands and mod than what would actually be heated into vapour. This is due to the juice being so thin, and being heated at the temp it is, it would flow out of the airholes (Reload is bottom airflow - with top airflows you would experience a lot of juice being sucked up while vaping, and that juice will be VERY hot, so also not nice)
2 - PG is the flavour carrier between PG and VG, but also remember that PG causes throat hit. So again if I was to vape 50/50 on 73W, it would burn my throat more than I would like

That being said, my goto is 70/30 on DL for my setup and tastes.

Commonly, DL is 70/30 (most common) or 60/40 and MTL is 60/40 or 50/50 (most common).
That being said, there are people who DL with 50/50 and even (slightest minority) who MTL with 70/30.
End of the day two factors are to be kept in mind.
1 - The tank you're using along with the wattage. If I was to try and DL on 50/50 on my Reload at the 73W I am vaping, I would have more juice on my hands and mod than what would actually be heated into vapour. This is due to the juice being so thin, and being heated at the temp it is, it would flow out of the airholes (Reload is bottom airflow - with top airflows you would experience a lot of juice being sucked up while vaping, and that juice will be VERY hot, so also not nice)
2 - PG is the flavour carrier between PG and VG, but also remember that PG causes throat hit. So again if I was to vape 50/50 on 73W, it would burn my throat more than I would like

That being said, my goto is 70/30 on DL for my setup and tastes.
Thanks, so would that be 70VG and 30 PG? or the other way around?

Thanks, so would that be 70VG and 30 PG? or the other way around?
70%VG and 30%PG. Definitely 70VG/30PG. A 30VG/70PG ratio juice may even make a pod leak as PG is much thinner than VG.

Interestingly enough, most people I speak to ask about "PG VG ratios" but when expressed, VG ratio is always mentioned first, e.g. "70/30".

Hey there!

The preferred PG/VG ratio can indeed vary based on your vaping style and preferences. Generally, a 70/30 VG/PG ratio is well-suited for Direct-to-Lung (DTL) vaping. This ratio, with a higher VG content, produces thicker clouds and is associated with smoother inhales.

On the other hand, for Mouth-to-Lung (MTL) vaping, where you draw the vapor into your mouth before inhaling, a 50/50 or even a higher PG ratio like 60/40 can be ideal. Higher PG ratios provide a stronger throat hit, resembling the sensation of traditional smoking.

Here's a breakdown:

DTL Vaping:

• Preferred Ratio: 70/30 VG/PG
  • Benefits:
    • Produces voluminous clouds.
    • Offers a smoother inhale, thanks to higher VG content.
    • Ideal for sub-ohm tanks and cloud-chasing setups.
MTL Vaping:

• Preferred Ratio: 50/50 PG/VG or 60/40 PG/VG
  • Benefits:
    • Provides a stronger throat hit, akin to traditional cigarettes.
    • Suitable for pod systems and setups with higher ohm coils.
However, these are general guidelines, and personal preferences play a significant role. Some vapers enjoy a balanced 50/50 ratio for both DTL and MTL experiences.

Experimenting with different ratios allows you to fine-tune your vape to match your taste and vaping style. Feel free to explore and find the sweet spot that suits you best!

Happy Vaping!

Hey there!

The preferred PG/VG ratio can indeed vary based on your vaping style and preferences. Generally, a 70/30 VG/PG ratio is well-suited for Direct-to-Lung (DTL) vaping. This ratio, with a higher VG content, produces thicker clouds and is associated with smoother inhales.

On the other hand, for Mouth-to-Lung (MTL) vaping, where you draw the vapor into your mouth before inhaling, a 50/50 or even a higher PG ratio like 60/40 can be ideal. Higher PG ratios provide a stronger throat hit, resembling the sensation of traditional smoking.

Here's a breakdown:

DTL Vaping:

• Preferred Ratio: 70/30 VG/PG
  • Benefits:
    • Produces voluminous clouds.
    • Offers a smoother inhale, thanks to higher VG content.
    • Ideal for sub-ohm tanks and cloud-chasing setups.
MTL Vaping:

• Preferred Ratio: 50/50 PG/VG or 60/40 PG/VG
  • Benefits:
    • Provides a stronger throat hit, akin to traditional cigarettes.
    • Suitable for pod systems and setups with higher ohm coils.
However, these are general guidelines, and personal preferences play a significant role. Some vapers enjoy a balanced 50/50 ratio for both DTL and MTL experiences.

Experimenting with different ratios allows you to fine-tune your vape to match your taste and vaping style. Feel free to explore and find the sweet spot that suits you best!

Happy Vaping!
Thank you so much for the detailed breakdown!

This helps a lot!

Whilst we're on the topic, anyone here using 3/6mg 70/30 e-liquid in a pod device (in a RDL sort of way), if so - what's your experience?

I love my DL liquids but finding it more of a hassle to carry a mod and tank daily. Pods have been working for me so far (12mg 50/50) but would appreciate a device where I could switch e-liquids.

Whilst we're on the topic, anyone here using 3/6mg 70/30 e-liquid in a pod device (in a RDL sort of way), if so - what's your experience?

I love my DL liquids but finding it more of a hassle to carry a mod and tank daily. Pods have been working for me so far (12mg 50/50) but would appreciate a device where I could switch e-liquids.
I found the XROS 0.6Ohm coil handles it well enough, i.e. does not feel like you're sucking a bowling ball through a straw. That being said, a number DL 70/30 juices do not have enough flavour for a pod device to justify it properly, but it does work. I.e. can be done, don't expect miraculous flavour

Whilst we're on the topic, is anyone here using 3/6mg 70/30 e-liquid in a pod device (in an RDL sort of way), if so - what's your experience?

Using a 70/30 mix at 3mg in pod devices can be a game-changer, offering the convenience of pod systems while savouring the richness of DL liquids. I've been down that road, and here's my take:

Pod Choices Matter:

1. OXVA Xlim: This one's my go-to for fruity blends. The key is matching it with coils in the range of 0.6ohms for optimal performance.
  2. Vaporesso XROS Mini: When it comes to dessert juices, the XROS Mini shines. Same principle – lower resistance coils for a more satisfying experience.
  3. Vaporesso Luxe: If you're willing to trade a bit of size for unparalleled flavour, the Luxe with GTX coils is a heavyweight contender. The GTX coils, with their versatile range, can elevate your vaping experience.
Choosing the Right Coils:

For both the Xlim and XROS Mini, aim for the lowest possible resistance. It's the sweet spot for balancing flavour and vapour production. Usually, coils around 0.6 ohms work wonders.

Flavour Segmentation:

Consider dedicating specific pods or devices to certain flavour profiles. This minimizes flavour blending and ensures a more authentic taste with each draw.

The Vape Journey Unveiled:

Ultimately, the perfect setup varies from person to person, so feel free to experiment. If you're ever in the mood for a more immersive flavour experience, the Vaporesso Luxe might just be the trump card in your deck.

Let me know if you have any more questions or if you decide to embark on this 70/30 journey. Happy vaping!

Using a 70/30 mix at 3mg in pod devices can be a game-changer, offering the convenience of pod systems while savouring the richness of DL liquids. I've been down that road, and here's my take:

Pod Choices Matter:

1. OXVA Xlim: This one's my go-to for fruity blends. The key is matching it with coils in the range of 0.6ohms for optimal performance.
  2. Vaporesso XROS Mini: When it comes to dessert juices, the XROS Mini shines. Same principle – lower resistance coils for a more satisfying experience.
  3. Vaporesso Luxe: If you're willing to trade a bit of size for unparalleled flavour, the Luxe with GTX coils is a heavyweight contender. The GTX coils, with their versatile range, can elevate your vaping experience.
Choosing the Right Coils:

For both the Xlim and XROS Mini, aim for the lowest possible resistance. It's the sweet spot for balancing flavour and vapour production. Usually, coils around 0.6 ohms work wonders.

Flavour Segmentation:

Consider dedicating specific pods or devices to certain flavour profiles. This minimizes flavour blending and ensures a more authentic taste with each draw.

The Vape Journey Unveiled:

Ultimately, the perfect setup varies from person to person, so feel free to experiment. If you're ever in the mood for a more immersive flavour experience, the Vaporesso Luxe might just be the trump card in your deck.

Let me know if you have any more questions or if you decide to embark on this 70/30 journey. Happy vaping!
Thanks for the detailed rundown. I am dessert only guy.

I have been looking at the Luxe XR as a RDL and MTL device to replace everything whilst on the move. This just gives me confirmation.

I will grab a couple Xros' as well for the wife for good measure as well.

What about 80vg/20pg? I vape more for clouds than flavor anyway but how would my coils hold up? Especially since I wana start RTA-ing.

Pure PG should not mess up coils that much, coil gunkers are your sweeteners, e.g. CAP Super Sweet and Clyrolinx's Clyrosweet. Flavorah brought out a sweetener though that (according to claims and some comments I read online) does not gunk up coils that much called FLV Sweetness. Maybe have a look at this.

Back