Pharaoh RTA 25mm, by Rip Trippers and Digiflavor — review

Just got a burning taste....Had no idea why.....until I realize I had the f*****g juice flow ring closed — "inadvertently"...

My only real con...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day 6 on this tank, and cannot really fault it. Fantastic!

Now, the problem with me is.... I'm a bit OCD. So here is how it works....When I find a gem. I want to repeat the pleasure and possess another. Two is always better than one! right?

How nice would the black and silver one be? What if one breaks??.... It's tanks like these that keep me in tightly embedded in the the rabbit hole.

Day 6 on this tank, and cannot really fault it. Fantastic!

Now, the problem with me is.... I'm a bit OCD. So here is how it works....When I find a gem. I want to repeat the pleasure and possess another. Two is always better than one! right?

How nice would the black and silver one be? What if one breaks??.... It's tanks like these that keep me in tightly embedded in the the rabbit hole.

What buils do you have in there currently man? I made a quick 10 wrap 22g ultra low resistance nichrome and still found it a bit muted

IMG_3152.JPG

Gave the King a new crown. You just remove the Delrin ring from insider the drip tip and you can fit your own. There is also an adapter. It doesn't look pretty, but it is effective

Im running a fused clapton at 0.33 and it's perfect

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Just got mine today. So far, I am impressed. Got normal twisted 24g kanthal in and it's awesome flavor already. When it's empty, I'm going to put the fused 26g clapton Ni80 (kidney puncher wire) in. Will be awesome I think. Will update later.

Just got mine today. So far, I am impressed. Got normal twisted 24g kanthal in and it's awesome flavor already. When it's empty, I'm going to put the fused 26g clapton Ni80 (kidney puncher wire) in. Will be awesome I think. Will update later.

@zadiac I am so happy for, and with you

Wicked the first build like Rip did. Not working for me. Doesn't wick fast enough. Wicked it like any other normal RTA and BAM! Wicks perfectly and no leaking. Just wick it normally folks, it will work.

Wicked the first build like Rip did. Not working for me. Doesn't wick fast enough. Wicked it like any other normal RTA and BAM! Wicks perfectly and no leaking. Just wick it normally folks, it will work.
What's the flavor like? Best you've had off a tank?

I still need to play around with mine, think it wants really big coils and the top airflow kills the flavour. With the bottom airflow only open the flavour gives my Mage a good run. I am sure once I perfect the wicking and get a nice big coil in here it will be a winner

Hello there on this lovely Sunday afternoon...

When re wicking today, I thought I might share a few pics. My objective is to show that you don't have to do any flick-flacks and special tricks to wick this "King". Just use your wicking experience and knowledge, wick it, and it won't disappoint

IMG_3253.JPG

A quick coil dry burn and a rinse. Then I use organic cotton balls insert, fluff, trim as with most builds.

IMG_3254.JPG

At this stage the stuffed in bit, under the ring needs a bit of attention.

IMG_3255.JPG

So I fluff it out a little, using a sharp nose tweezers. I know, it looks like I am breaking the rules.

IMG_3256.JPG

A quick trim with a small sharp scissors. Only the tucked in bit under the ring.

IMG_3257.JPG

Tuck, tamp the cotton gently back into the hole.

IMG_3260.JPG

Juice them coils up, and screw on the shiny shaft. Make sure the o-ring is on.

IMG_3261.JPG

Slip the glass on.

IMG_3263.JPG

Juice him up.

IMG_3264.JPG

The King is full, the vape gods are happy, as I am going to enjoy every puff.

IMG_3265.JPG

Guys, no leaks after filling, no leaks in general! No mission, very simple. I am more than pleased with this tank.

Yes, you must play with the many airflow control options to find your happy place.

I love how easy it is to wick this tank. And the build deck is awesomely accomodating. Getting some coils from @RiaanRed soon, so will see how it performs with them. Tried 22g hwn haywire as well as an off the shelf framed staple but so far my Mage edges it on flavour

Nice pics @Waine
Thanks for sharing

I decided to change coils today. Moved away from 22 Kanthal. I dug out a plastic box of coils I made last year. Just experimenting.

So I found these two grizzly looking coils that I kept no record of.

IMG_3466.JPG

IMG_3472.JPG

I decided to try on on the Pharaoh. The one on the left made much more sense. I had no idea what the Ohms would come out like. After jogging my memory, I recall: Double Twisted 26 Stainless Steel.

IMG_3473.JPG

What's the worst that can happen? "If it don't work, rim em out!"

IMG_3476.JPG

A quick dry burn.

IMG_3477.JPG

Re position. A bit lower.

Surprise! It came out at an ideal 0.31 Ohm.

IMG_3480.JPG

IMG_3491.JPG

My advice. Wick this RTA as you think it should be wicked. It really is a piece of cake, just keep the cotton fairly dense.

IMG_3492.JPG

IMG_3497.JPG

Coils juiced up. Now the flavor and vape production anticipation builds...

IMG_3501.JPG

Firing on all cylinders....

IMG_3505.JPG

Slot the ring on.

IMG_3511.JPG

The verdict:

Wow!

First, if you enjoy building...always experiment....

Second, this wire adds a whole new dimension to the tank, the thickness of vape, not so much the "flavor". It becomes a different engine.

So I am now vaping (a lot) and playing around with the many, many, airflow options. With all this coil under the hood, I must say, It's good fun!

The XXX behaves differently in this Egyptian beast. No doubt. To be honest, the flavor is a bit muted compared to a 22 GA, 7 wrap coil. While I write this, I finished a while 4.5ml tank. This coil EATS juice. But a super awesome vape.

Just wanted to share....

Last edited:
Lovely photos @Waine
Great to read the story as it develops and see the photos
Wow, that coil looks vicious!

I was Using up hardly used wire last year. Dipping my toe into the world of coil builds. But it never took off.

That double Twisted 26 SS Clapton is really surprising me in the Pharoah. What a fluke find? Such fun @Silver

I dropped mine Pharaoh. It was on an RX 2/3 with 3 Batteries in. Luckily the sleeve was on. I fixed the 510 pin on the RX, which miraculously still works. But the Pharaoh I fixed, and then it broke again. The 510 pin took a bad hit.

Being a bit careless sometimes, I drop things! This is one reason I now lean toward more metal and durability. To be honest, by a twist of fate, I have enjoyed my Medusa's more than my Pharaoh.

Back