Plated gold .. now Silverish

Angelus

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
hi all

not sure if this the right sub forum but i need some advise please

i have been trying to search on google and i just cant find what i'm looking for. basically in short what i would call the "battery connectors" in the mod , not the ones on the battery. have or are loosing the gold plating i guess from the batteries going in and out and all the use.

i'm just wondering is it safe if something been used to the point of the gold coming off. i also want to give everything i got a nice clean this weekend , got to much stuff that's been "put away"

hi all

not sure if this the right sub forum but i need some advise please

i have been trying to search on google and i just cant find what i'm looking for. basically in short what i would call the "battery connectors" in the mod , not the ones on the battery. have or are loosing the gold plating i guess from the batteries going in and out and all the use.

i'm just wondering is it safe if something been used to the point of the gold coming off. i also want to give everything i got a nice clean this weekend , got to much stuff that's been "put away"
All good, its the underlying nickel strip which carries the bulk of the current anyway.

DC Current flow along a conductor admittedly happens on the outside of a conductor rather than through a conductor, in what is known as the skin effect, (which is why gold and silver plating is as effective as what it is in lowering the resistance in conductors), however, in your case with a few mm of plating missing, (and assuming the exposed areas are free of oxide), the increase in resistance would be close to immeasurable, so other than aesthetic appeal, I wouldn't concern myself with it.

thank you very much for the great explanations makes sense :campeon: thanks

Back