Pro-tank Ii Mini And Itaste Svd

As an extra i would order a few 18350 batteries tho if you intend to use the SVD when you out and about so it looks less like a WMD (weapon of mass destruction) but further more enjoy

I ordered 4! I thought the batteries were small and the unit took two at a time... I don't think I'll run out of power soon. :rolleyes:

just watch your settings when stacking as both 18350 batteries push out 3.7-4V so you pushing out close to 8V so keep your wattage and voltage settings a little lower than normal as to not burn your coils out fast and get that burn chicken taste from your juice had a bad experience with that setup

just watch your settings when stacking as both 18350 batteries push out 3.7-4V so you pushing out close to 8V so keep your wattage and voltage settings a little lower than normal as to not burn your coils out fast and get that burn chicken taste from your juice had a bad experience with that setup

I thought it took two but only one fits in... so I'll only be using one at a time... I'm still getting to know it and currently run it at 3,6V. But I need a bigger reservoir for the juice... that problem should be solved when my parcel arrives tomorrow. :p

stacking is dangerous anyway. No Go for me....single batt operation satisfies my needs perfectly.

I thought it took two but only one fits in... so I'll only be using one at a time... I'm still getting to know it and currently run it at 3,6V. But I need a bigger reservoir for the juice... that problem should be solved when my parcel arrives tomorrow. :p

The Tube is adjustable to fit 18350, 18500, 18650. I would also not stack. Just carry the spare in 'n pouch. You should have 2 tubes but the smaller one works for 18350 and 18650. The longer one will allow you to stack 18350's.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

What makes stacking batteries dangerous?

You should have 2 tubes but the smaller one works for 18350 and 18650.

Mine came with just one tube and it fits the 18650's. Been watching YouTube to learn how to use it... I have put an iClear 30 on it and it now looks like a light sabre! :D

Mine came with just one tube and it fits the 18650's. Been watching YouTube to learn how to use it... I have put an iClear 30 on it and it now looks like a light sabre! :D

Doesn't it turn all the way on to fit an 18350? I'm running mine with an 18650 and assumed an 18350 would fit if you adjust it all the way in. Having said that I do remember seeing a picture somewhere of a smaller telescopic section.

What makes stacking batteries dangerous?

These batteries are simply not made for stacking - you can stack 1.5v batteries as with flashlights because the voltages are low and does not cause any issues, however if you stack 3.7v batteries (sometimes charged to 4.2V) there's a chance that the batteries can spark where they connect - sparking leads to heat, which as we all know very bad for Li-Ion batteries.

Now many people have done it and nothing happened, but there are a few that were not so lucky.

So basically, chances of anything happening is slim, be when it does go wrong it is real bad

These batteries are simply not made for stacking - you can stack 1.5v batteries as with flashlights because the voltages are low and does not cause any issues, however if you stack 3.7v batteries (sometimes charged to 4.2V) there's a chance that the batteries can spark where they connect - sparking leads to heat, which as we all know very bad for Li-Ion batteries.

Now many people have done it and nothing happened, but there are a few that were not so lucky.

So basically, chances of anything happening is slim, be when it does go wrong it is real bad

That makes sense. They are after all rather close to your face

That makes sense. They are after all rather close to your face
Yep, seen some pretty nasty pics out there on the internet

But if you feel that you want to risk it anyway, then I recommend you use high drain IMR batteries - they differ slightly in chemistry from the standard ICR batteries , which causes their venting to be far less catastrophic.

So if you have a mod with venting holes, you might just burn your hands a bit and not fry your lips.

If your mod does not have venting holes, well then you are basically sucking on a pipe bomb waiting to go off.

EDIT: quote from an article of a while back
NICEVILLE, Fla. -- An electronic cigarette or electronic cigar that reportedly exploded in a Florida man's mouth was likely one he built himself or modified using parts he purchased online, according to reports.

Last week, the e-cigarette's battery exploded while being used by Tom Holloway, 57, of Niceville, Fla. He was treated for shattered teeth, burns and a chunk taken out of his tongue, according to various reports. Holloway has since been released from the hospital and is recovering from his injuries, reports said.
http://www.cspnet.com/category-mana...articles/update-was-exploding-e-cigarette-mod

BTW, the SVD is telescopic. So @Rob Fisher, if you take out the 18650 batt you can screw in the bottom thicker part to fit smaller batts.

I don't get this. Stacking 3.7v bats in series with a SVD defeats the purpose of the voltage multiplier built in. Two stacked will give you 7.4v and the cutoff is 6v. So the multiplier would not work anyway. Nor would it increase your vaping time.
Parallel stacking would keep it at 3.7v and double your vaping time. I'm sure that guy that blew his cake hole off had a Reo or similar without a cutoff voltage.

I've read it uses pwn to give it the voltage boost up. If you had to stack, would it not give pure dc as apose to pwm. Therefore giving you way more vape for your hit?

I have been using my SVD and my IGO-L dripper with just the one 18650 battery and it's working superbly for me.
At 12W - its turning the 5Pawns into heaven.
And the vape time I am getting is good enough for me - Im getting about 15 dripping sessions - with each session being say 10-15 puffs.
I'm happy

EDIT - I have to add that @TylerD's supervision on the coil build and his advice was a big part of this ;-)

the ZMax has a puff counter. when i started i did +/- 500 puffs per charge, it was still once a day I had to change batts :eek:

Thats good puffage @Tom ;-)

On my iTaste battery, it also has a puff counter. Its only 800mah. At 7.5W I get about 250 puffs.

I don't get this. Stacking 3.7v bats in series with a SVD defeats the purpose of the voltage multiplier built in. Two stacked will give you 7.4v and the cutoff is 6v. So the multiplier would not work anyway. Nor would it increase your vaping time.
Parallel stacking would keep it at 3.7v and double your vaping time. I'm sure that guy that blew his cake hole off had a Reo or similar without a cutoff voltage.
Fortunately the Reo has a hot spring for guys like that!

If I remember correctly the guy was using some home made mech mod - yeah like Matthee says, the reo has a hot spring - get's too hot and it collapses, disconnecting the battery - so it acts as a fuse

After two days of solid vaping on my SVD with a Nautilus on top it was time to change battery. I'm impressed and now relaxed that with 4 x 18650 batteries I can Vape none stop for probably a whole week without running out of power. :rolleyes:

Back