Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
I have reposted my review here because it makes more sense in the reviews... and then the discussion stays about the Pro Tank II (Mini) rather than a million other postings..

The courier was a bit late and only arrived at about 13:30 so I was amped to start puffing... checked the SVD... awesome looking... epic fail! I should have ordered batteries for it... ahhhh no problem they sent me a eGo C Twist battery as well... Oooo some new juices... mango looks kewl let's try that... I should have read the instructions because you need to insert a coil... so the result was mango juice all over the place! The Pro-Tank Mini wasn't leaking... the brain surgeon that filled the tank didn't fit a coil... epic fail... half a bog roll later and the desk and e-ciggie is clean and we try again...

Newbies should not be allowed to order stuff by themselves! :oops:

I have now been back to the online shop and ordered a charger, some batteries and some spare coils. And just for good measure some more juices.

It's been a couple of hours and I'm really enjoying the Pro-Tank II and the Twisp batteries also fit it which is a bonus. I tried the TopQ Juices and enjoyed the Tropical Mango (but may have to add something to it) and also the Menthol... very very nice... I may have found a menthol I can enjoy again.

I don't know if it's just that the Pro-Tank II is new but the tastes seem smoother and much better than my Twisp?

The one thing I dislike about the Pro-Tank II is it's a ***** to open to and refill... there is no grip and my fingers slide around... looking at the Twisp they have a serrated rough ring for grip... I also don't like having to take the coil out to fill it... am I doing it wrong?

But overall I'm happy with the Pro_Tank II and ordered a spare a few minutes ago. :D

Rob, you should have ordered the iclear 30b as an alternative. Use a cloth to grab the base. Refilling should look like this image.jpg

Side effect of bottom coil clearomizers is that you have to fill them like this

Your twisp was probably top coil - i.e. you took the top tip off and filled from there?

With a top coil there are long wicks running from the coil down into the juice, they 'suck' juice up into the coil for heating. with bottom coil the wicks are tiny because the coil sits at the bottom of the tank inside the juice the whole time.

Pro's and cons in my opinion: Bottom coil is less likely to have 'dry hits' i.e. not enough juice in the coil and you get a burnt taste, but more likely to flood and you get gurgling

Top coil the chances are slim of flooding and gurgling, but you might run into the scenario where the coil is vaporizing the juice quicker than the wicks can deliver and you get dry hits

Rob, you should have ordered the iclear 30b as an alternative. Use a cloth to grab the base.

Thanks Markus! I'm doing it right... Will order a 30b on my next order! Like I said... Newbies should not be allowed to order by themselves. :rolleyes:

Top coil the chances are slim of flooding and gurgling, but you might run into the scenario where the coil is vaporizing the juice quicker than the wicks can deliver and you get dry hits

Thanks Derick... it certainly feels and tastes better than my Twisp and I can live with it... will just keep a cloth handy to stop the slip.

Kanger makes a Unitank - bottom coil but you fil it from the top - it is plastic though and these days everyone seems to prefer glass

glass is safer for certain juices :) I don't mind plastic though all my tanks are plastic - though I managed to kill my iclear 30B by using plain VG juice in it - its not cracked or anything just very murky and the coil seems a bit clogged :) Using the standard iclear 30 that comes with the MVP for now, until I get off my lazy boat and sort my 30b out

Just need to be careful what you vape in plastic tanks that's all :)

Just as a sub-note I personally prefer top coil tanks as I find they give more flavour and a better hit - i find the flavour very dulled down on bottom coil tanks so to me although the 30B is a fantastic tank I still prefer the standard Iclear 30 for flavour production

Thanks for the warning Rob - I will ask my non-vaping wife to order from now on. :)

I find that the Protank is heavy on juice. Use twice as much now per week compared to my old ViviNova.

I think that is a side effect of two things:
1. a coil that produces more vapour will eat more juice.
2. A nice flavour (either because of the good coil, or the awesome juice) will cause you to vape more and eat more juice :)

When I vape my fav juice (HC Banana) I can kill a full mini PT2 in about an hour :)

Yip I'm sure the juice usage is more... the taste and amount of smoke is double my Twisp!

This might be hard to accept, but you can double or triple the amount of vapour and flavour when you get into rebuildable atomizers :)

This might be hard to accept, but you can double or triple the amount of vapour and flavour when you get into rebuildable atomizers :)

I'm still battling to get to grips with batteries and atomisers... I'll look at rebuildables (which I'm not even sure what they are) in a while... it sounds like McGyver type stuff and I'm not a very good McGyver type.

I'm still battling to get to grips with batteries and atomisers... I'll look at rebuildables (which I'm not even sure what they are) in a while... it sounds like McGyver type stuff and I'm not a very good McGyver type.

It might seem overwhelming at first, but the big thing is just to get to grips with ohms, voltage, amps and watts - google it, or buy a book or ask here on the forum - once you have a good understanding of how they relate then you are ready to get into it.

But it is not for everyone - some people are perfectly happy with buying their coils and vaping with what they have - and nothing wrong with that :)

On refilling pro tanks you don't need to tighten the base up hard. The silicone washers do a good job of sealing the tank so don't over tighten and you shouldn't struggle to loosen it.

On refilling pro tanks you don't need to tighten the base up hard. The silicone washers do a good job of sealing the tank so don't over tighten and you shouldn't struggle to loosen it.
I often make this mistake - and with no knurling on the base or the tank (and sometimes slick with juice) it can be quite a challenge to get that thing open :)

Rob, you should have ordered the iclear 30b as an alternative.

iClear_30B.jpg

OK I cracked and went back online again and bought myself an iClear 30b as well! I was forced to go back and buy more topQ Juice... I have to say I really like the topQ juice and have finally found two menthol types I really enjoy... the Chewing Gum ins't really chewing gum but a nice menthol/peppermint juice that I enjoy!

PS this hobby certainly isn't cheaper than smoking analogs... or does one eventually stop looking for the perfect set-up? :oops:

@Rob Fisher i agree with Gazza. No need to overtighten it. I also found that mine got better over time.

View attachment 1123
PS this hobby certainly isn't cheaper than smoking analogs... or does one eventually stop looking for the perfect set-up? :oops:

I try and convince HRH that it is but no. If I was just buying juice and consumables every month it would be alot cheaper buy there is alway a new something I need. This has now become my hobby and I enjoy it, keeps me out of trouble mostly.

I try and convince HRH that it is but no. If I was just buying juice and consumables every month it would be alot cheaper buy there is alway a new something I need. This has now become my hobby and I enjoy it, keeps me out of trouble mostly.

100% Gazza! I have to hide my hardware... and I hope HRH doesn't open my Juice drawer! :eek:

OK I cracked and went back online again and bought myself an iClear 30b as well!

Good move on the 30B, I recon you'll buy another. I'll show you mine when we meet tonight.

I think because vaping is so subjective and personalized you need to experiment a bit until you find a vape set up that compliments your lifestyle. My objective is to make vaping as painless an experience as possible to keep me away from the stinkies. As Derick mentioned earlier, some like to build their own coils, create their own juices etc. and in doing so vaping becomes a hobby which could also result in a feasible business.

Good move on the 30B, I recon you'll buy another. I'll show you mine when we meet tonight.

Markus I blame you for all this expenditure and this new addiction... but at least I am off the stinkies forever now! And my relationship with Anthea has improved dramatically! :p

Back