Question On Clones

actually fasttech was on the right track bringing out that dna clone with the little lipo batteries. those are the way forward, not clinging to these silly 18650 and 26650 batteries

Yea, Material Science.

Everything has variable's. Conductivity playing the biggest part in our vape experiances.
These clones are being made with mixes of alloys to make materials cheaper and easier/quicker to machine and pump out. Saying that, how ever, ALL my gear is clone and I dont have issues with any of it, i dont look at any of my gear as inferior to any thing else. It fires when i push the button and it doesnt blow up in my face ;D

AND I can drop it without beating myself up =D

I just cannot afford some of these devices and lets be honest, they ALL do the same thing at the end of the day. You might not have the same Vape experiance as the original but each device is its own beast =D

Yea, Material Science.

Everything has variable's. Conductivity playing the biggest part in our vape experiances.
These clones are being made with mixes of alloys to make materials cheaper and easier/quicker to machine and pump out. Saying that, how ever, ALL my gear is clone and I dont have issues with any of it, i dont look at any of my gear as inferior to any thing else. It fires when i push the button and it doesnt blow up in my face ;D

AND I can drop it without beating myself up =D

I just cannot afford some of these devices and lets be honest, they ALL do the same thing at the end of the day. You might not have the same Vape experiance as the original but each device is its own beast =D
I must just say that I started on an MVP 2.0 and now on the Sigelei 20w and the difference in performance is world's apart. I haven't yet Vaped at 20w and actually enjoyed it yet. I'm not a designer snob but prefer the original. Have the Kanger mini, mega and Nautilus but couldn't settle for a Kayfun Clone. I'm spending the cash so might as well as spend that Little bit extra and get the original. I might be wrong but that's my view on my purchases.

@Darth_V@PER When people are talking about their opinion's, nobody is wrong ;P

So all your gear is original? :p haha polar opposites of each other, I thought you were on the dark side of the force! lol. Jokes aside I have not really felt a need to go past 14w yet, maybe im just not experienced enough yet to be craving that insane sauce 100W vape :D

Those higher watts will probably bring out loads of different flavour notes from the juices ... hmm :D
Some one educate me on your experience on Watts :D

@MarkK your totally right,was just giving my opinion. To be honest I thought I was cursed in the beginning of my vaping journey as when I just touched a new coil it magically destroyed itself. Was so bad I just bought new tanks for the coils as my timing was totally off. So off that the timings was like a V8 sounding like a 3 cylinder 1.0l motor as I could not get spare coils at that time.

It hasn't been that long but my voodoo is now with someone else, sorry to who has it now
:rofl:

If I couldn't get my hands on an original you can bet top dollar I would get a clone. So I'm not against them what so ever.

Big ups to the Vape realm clone or original :rock:

Writing this for the second time :( tapatalk crapped out on me and lost my post

Here's my take on this.

I have a stingray x clone, made by SXK(they make everything that infinite sells). Twisted420 reviewed this exact clone, and compared it to the authentic stingray x by JDtech. in terms of performance they are identical (copper, is copper). The clone actually had better build quality than the authentic (more intricate engravings, and a better button). The price difference? $46.90 (Clone) vs $250+ (authentic).

What is the extra $203.10 for? I'm not being unreasonable, sure JDtech is smaller in terms of production capabilities than SXK, so its going to be more expensive for them to make mods, and they need to pay for R&D for the mod too. But more than 5 times the price? It reeks of ripoff to me.

Similar deal with the Kayfun Lite Plus V2, the SXK one is $32.99, the authentic is $120.00. The clone comes with an extra nano tank kit, authentic doesn't. Performance? The same. You can even swap parts between them. its the same thing for $87.00 less :p

The quality of clones is improving, there are still some very crappy ones floating around (my astro was a crap clone). But, they are getting way, way better. Which warrants the question, why pay more? These authentic companies aren't being very realistic with their pricing.

The biggest problem i have with clones is this, the clones shouldn't have the original manufacturers logo/emblems on it. Because that is kinda screwed up. it seems that slowly some cloners are catching onto this.

The guys who are playing the authentic game right, are guys like beyond vape, their beacon mod is $100.00 (a little steep i know) but they are a smaller company, and it is developed by them. Vapor Lifestyle is another, they make the vulcan, its costs $60.00, again steep, but again, they're small, so it'll be more expensive for them to produce the atty's, indulgence is another, they make the mutation x, which costs $29.99. Reosmods falls into this category.

Places that don't? JDtech, Kato, Style of Mojo, Axis, etc...

Twisted420, Trevor Jones, Suck My Mod, MadVapes, Pegasus Vapor Academy, VapeStars and RubyRoo all review loads of clones. Trevor, Twisted and Ruby, all have videos comparing the clones to the authentics. Pegasus, actually goes into a ton of depth with his reviews, and also about spotting what is BS and what isn't in terms of performance.

As for getting 1 of everything (I share that goal), i think its only really feasible with clones. because going at it with authentics, you'd burn through so much money, trying to find what is you best vape setup. I mean $2500.00 could only be like 5-6 mods and maybe 6-7 atty's. Were they clones instead, you could stock a small vape shop for that kinda money.

All of this is just my opinion ;)

Last edited:
I fully understand that clones provide the opportunity to get a cheaper version of something a lot more expensive.
I also understand that in some cases, the clone can be as good as the original or nearly as good, making the far lower price a no brainer

However, the problem I have with clones is that it really is a hit or miss affair. You never know which one is a good clone and which has problems. I suppose the only way around this is if a few friends are considering a particular clone, to buy one from a particular batch and test it. If its good, then you all go ahead and buy them.

The other thing I dont like with clones is that one bad experience can put you off that type of device entirely, when the original or a better quality clone would have worked perfectly.

I therefore think clones are often a bad thing for new vapers. Irony is that new vapers typically dont want to spend too much so clones are most appealing when you're starting out.

I fully understand that clones provide the opportunity to get a cheaper version of something a lot more expensive.
I also understand that in some cases, the clone can be as good as the original or nearly as good, making the far lower price a no brainer

However, the problem I have with clones is that it really is a hit or miss affair. You never know which one is a good clone and which has problems. I suppose the only way around this is if a few friends are considering a particular clone, to buy one from a particular batch and test it. If its good, then you all go ahead and buy them.

The other thing I dont like with clones is that one bad experience can put you off that type of device entirely, when the original or a better quality clone would have worked perfectly.

I therefore think clones are often a bad thing for new vapers. Irony is that new vapers typically dont want to spend too much so clones are most appealing when you're starting out.

This is the issue I have with clones.
I've drooled over Hana Mod clones for weeks, but I don't like "uncertainty" when I'm spending what I consider a lot of money.

At least our local retailers know their stuff, so chances are they will know the better clone to buy.

But this whole subject is why I won't buy from Fastech.

Very good question, as i had the same idea on mod versus clone mod, but, like my HCigar 30W (which i think when i google it says its a clone) i love it to bits, i use it more than my ZNA DNA 50W.

I just bought a Kayfun clone, and I think it is a great way to test out new stuff without breaking the bank.

The price of admission for the originals just don't allow for experimenting that much.
Even if the clone has some issues, just knowing how it looks and feels (IRL, not on youtube :)) for a cheaper price can make deciding whether to get the authentic that much easier.

And if you get lucky, the clone might be perfect and you'll have saved alot of money ;-)

I just bought a Kayfun clone, and I think it is a great way to test out new stuff without breaking the bank.

The price of admission for the originals just don't allow for experimenting that much.
Even if the clone has some issues, just knowing how it looks and feels (IRL, not on youtube :)) for a cheaper price can make deciding whether to get the authentic that much easier.

And if you get lucky, the clone might be perfect and you'll have saved alot of money ;-)

Look I do agree with you, but still, even if I pay R300 or R400 for a clone, if it's total rubbish I'll still be upset. R300 could've got me a lot of beer.

But like I said, I have confidence in the local retailers sourcing the good clones out.

@r0gue z0mbie totally agree with the annoyance part, wasting money is never fun - but I think it depends greatly on the price.

"Very annoying, the bad expensive clones can be" :--P

Can anyone tell me how they are not sueing these clone makers?

Can not sue Chinese based manufacturers as China is not part of the Patent agreement thing, you can only go after resellers based in countries where the Patent has been registered.

Also... Wouldn't surprise me if a few of these modders were getting kickbacks from the Chinese behind the scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back