Make: LANGNI
6800mah
4.2v
9.6wh
High discharge performance

630a5198edce09e2dfc93e2d50a3eafd.jpg

4a6db5bf5d124b30087156b4e8816ff7.jpg

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

At 6800 mAh I can tell you it certainly does not have the Amps to be suitable for any vaping.

Please do not put that battery anywhere near a vaping device.

The only batteries that are considered safe are from LG, Samsung or Sony.

We have an entire forum section for batteries. http://www.ecigssa.co.za/batteries.f87/

I thought the higher the mah the better? Or the longer the battery lasts?

Hi @Hardtail1969
For vaping you want a battery that is capable of at least 15A or higher (continuous draw)
The ones that fit the bill as tested by battery guru Mooch tend to have mah ratings of between 2000 and 3000 mah

What you will see is that the ones that tend to have higher mah ratings - closer to 3000 - tend to have slightly lower continuous amp ratings and vice versa. Its to do with the physical properties and the chemistry of batteries which I cannot explain. I presume @Lingogrey 's post above explains that.

Bottom line is that this battery you are displaying is not one of the known good batteries for vaping and its mah rating (if true) is way higher than any high amp vaping battery, so either this is just a very low amp battery or its wildly overstated. So dont use it for vaping.

Rather buy a good quality known high amp battery from a reputable vaping supplier.

Oh i dunno, was shopping for torch batteries, so 20 for a rechargeable aint bad

Oh i dunno, was shopping for torch batteries, so 20 for a rechargeable aint bad

I heard of a guy that spent over R1000 on an Rx200 and put in 3 of those R20 batteries to save money. It did not end well. He's lucky he still has a hand

I heard of a guy that spent over R1000 on an Rx200 and put in 3 of those R20 batteries to save money. It did not end well. He's lucky he still has a hand
Oh, i am sure there are urban legends about anything u can name. But, then that is why we ask knowledgeable people on forums like this.

Oh, i am sure there are urban legends about anything u can name. But, then that is why we ask knowledgeable people on forums like this.

Hey, there's no harm in asking knowledgeable people. Best thing to do when in doubt. I personally would never trust a R20 battery. But for the love of everything holy, please do not use that battery in a mod.

@Hardtail1969 I have a wonderful head lamp that takes 2 18650's. I have batteries that cost me R200 each in there. I would never trust a china special when it's on my head.

Think of it like a safety helmet. Some guys but the cheapest ones because it's the law to wear a helmet.

Other guys buy the best helmet they can afford. You hope to never have to put the helmet to the test of its worth but if it's ever needed to protect your head then I'm sure you will regret the cheap one.

It's astounding that no matter the number of times Mooch's battery test stuff gets posted here, people *still* insist on attempting to use shitty rewraps with wildly optimistic specs

It's astounding that no matter the number of times Mooch's battery test stuff gets posted here, people *still* insist on attempting to use shitty rewraps with wildly optimistic specs
A R20 battery is going to get people asking questing. I would rather people ask the stupid question here then try use the battery.
In all honesty it's easier to say no don't use it at all 20 times a month than scold newbies who in turn won't ask questions.

That may be valid if an experienced vaper who is well aware of battery safety "insist" to use Trustfire / Langni / 12000 mah 50 amps whatever. We have to remember that we have new members joining here daily and it's an impossible task to immediately acquaint oneself with all of the info posted here. Hence people are going to ask questions which might have already been answered and it's our privilege to answer them again as best we can - especially when related to safety issues. Making people feel bad about asking will simply mean that they won't and will rather experiment, i.e. seeing for themselves if a R 20 battery is really inferior to some Sonys or Samsungs on a low ohm, high powered setup

U know guys, i merely asked if anyone had seen it or knew of it, and nowhere did imply or say that i was going to use this in anything.

It was a question, and regarding the mah rating, just to obtain information.

Anyways...

U know guys, i merely asked if anyone had seen it or knew of it, and nowhere did imply or say that i was going to use this in anything.

It was a question, and regarding the mah rating, just to obtain information.

Anyways...

Nothing wrong with that! I'm glad you are enquiring wisely.

A R20 battery is going to get people asking questing. I would rather people ask the stupid question here then try use the battery.
In all honesty it's easier to say no don't use it at all 20 times a month than scold newbies who in turn won't ask questions.

Better to put up a sticky post then.

Better to put up a sticky post then.

The 18650 Battery Safety Grades Table and Battery amp-hour, watt-hour and C rating tutorial are already stickied in the Hardware > Batteries section, where this thread was posted.
It still doesn't mean that everyone will automatically read it or that we should 'assume' that everyone will find and read it, or that everyone will have enough knowledge to use and apply it safely. It's probably better if we rather just answer the questions again if they pop up.

Back