Room Foggers Review - FreeMax GEMM 25 W Pod Kit

Room Fogger

Reviewer, Reonaut and Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
FreeMax GEMM Pod Kit

Disclaimer – The views expressed in this review are based on my own experiences while testing the products being reviewed. The product/s were supplied free of charge by FreeMax for review purposes and no remuneration or other incentive is received to do this review.

Overview
This review will focus on the FreeMax GEMM Pod Kit consisting of the FreeMax GEMM 25 W Pod Device that uses a 1300 mA built in battery, and the GEMM Pod Disposable Tank.

The link to the official FreeMax website is:
https://www.freemaxvape.com/
The link to the product on the official FreeMax website is:
https://www.freemaxvape.com/gemm-25w-pod-kit/

Unboxing
The kit is neatly and securely packaged in a white colored single level cardboard box with a slide off cover. The front has a printed picture of the Pod and tank kit, and information regarding the content of the kit and product specifications are on the back. A foam cutout insert holds the device and the tanks in place, with a box containing the USB charger on the side, and the information booklets underneath. The box was marked as a trial production sample.

upload_2020-2-3_9-23-12.png
The Pod kit I received was in a red finish including a color matched 0.5 Ohm DL and a 1 Ohm MTL disposable tank and FreeMax included an additional two DL tanks in a clear finish.

upload_2020-2-3_9-25-11.png
Package Contents included (Standard and TPD Edition):
1 x GEMM 25 W Pod device.
2 x disposable tanks.
1 x 2 ml DL Tank – 0.5 Ohm coil, 15 W - 25W.
1 x 2 ml MTL Tank – 1 Ohm coil, 12 W - 15W.
2 x replacement silicone plugs.
1 x USB Charging Cable
1 x User Manual / 1 x Warning Card / 1 x Warranty Card.

(In this instance based on the 2 ml Pod tank capacity the contents of the Kit will be the same for both the Standard as well as the TPD compliant edition.)

Initial impression
This Pod Kit is not what you would normally expect from FreeMax when compared with their other solid mods, as it is, you guessed it, all plastic!, something you normally would associate with a single use disposable system. Some individuals may be put off by this, but there is a serious upside with this, this little pod is a featherweight, only 67 grams. The finishing is relatively good based on the above, but the seam where the two halves come together is not faultless, and as for the rest, I could not fault it initially when I first got it The two sides have a slightly raised grip strip pattern profile which assists in it not slipping around in your hand, and the back has a inset in it with a pattern and the GEMM logo on it in gold.

Specifications and Features:

upload_2020-2-3_9-28-12.png

Device:

Dimensions – (H) 121 mm x (W) 25 mm x (D) 24 mm.
Material: SS 904 L and PCGT.
Style/Design Type: Square rectangular Pod.
Battery Specifications: 1300 mA built in battery.
Wattage output range: up to 25 W.
Resistance Range: Determined by tank used.
Weight: 67 g (Approximately)

upload_2020-2-3_9-28-30.png

Tanks/Pods:

Dimensions – (H) 45.3 mm (Drip-tip to bottom) x (W) 23 mm.
Material: PCGT
Capacity: 2 ml (Standard)
Filling: Top Fill with Silicone Sealing strip.
Adjustable bottom airflow.
Standard 510 screw on connection.
2 ml DL Tank – 0.5 Ohm coil, 15 W - 25W.
2 ml MTL Tank – 1 Ohm coil, 12 W - 15W.

upload_2020-2-3_9-28-47.png

8 Additional Safety Features

Open circuit protection.
High temperature protection.
10 Second cut off.
Low resistance Protection.
Short circuit protection.
Low voltage protection.

Opinion, likes and dislikes
The GEMM Pod Kit is a small and ultralight system, with really good performance and convenience as part of the package. The front layout has a fire button with color LED wattage indication (Red, Blue, Green) at the top, battery indicator (25, 50, 75, 100 %) only visible when button is depressed in the middle, and a USB charging port on the bottom. Operation is really simple, 5 clicks on and off, and 3 clicks to change between the preset wattages determined by the resistance of the tank used. It sits comfortably in the hand with no sharp or angular edges, and it is really easy to forget where you keep it, even when it lives in your top pocket for the day.

upload_2020-2-3_9-29-21.png

Only 4 color schemes are available, somewhat limiting your choice. The colors available are:

upload_2020-2-3_9-29-40.png

The kit was supplied with 2 two color coded tanks in a 0.5 Ohm DL and a 1 Ohm MTL configuration. With both Pod tank options flavor was virtually on par with the larger disposable tanks for the GEMM Mod kit, providing for a very satisfying vape. The 2 ml capacity however means you will have to fill up more often, especially with the DL Pod tank version. The tanks were tested at all wattages available based on the resistance preset wattage selections, being 15, 20 and 25 W for the 0.5 Ohm Pod tank, using a 70 VG / 30 PG DIY juice, and 12, 14 and 15 W for the 1 Ohm Pod tank, using a 70 VG / 30 PG commercial juice. In the end however the 1 Ohm tank turned out to be the best suited for my vaping style, but the DL was also a very satisfying experience. It also has a built in drip tip which proved to be quite comfortable during use.

Battery life was good for a 1300 mAh capacity but you may need to recharge at least once daily if used exclusively based on your vape style, especially with the lower resistance Pod tank. The preset adjustable wattage and airflow control also allows you, although with a limited choice of options, to customize the vape experience a bit to suit your preferred style.

After initially getting over the PCGT construction, which doesn’t bother me, but might certain individuals this is a great little system to have on your vape shelf, whether you are a starting your vaping journey or as an experienced vaper. They say dynamite comes in small packages, and this is true for this Kit. Although only 25 W I personally think it punches above its weight, and makes for a perfect grab and go system to use on a daily basis. The ease of use and good performance will keep most people satisfied imho, and it is quite durable as well. Mine dropped a few times while busy on an open air project, but it is still going strong, but this is of course not advised for any system.

A sincere thank you to Paul at FreeMax for supplying the FreeMax GEMM Pod Kit for review and for giving me the opportunity to do a review on it.
(Information, photos and specifications as obtained from the official FreeMax website on the Internet)

Awesome review my bro. What I forgot you mentioned. These are truly awesome pocket rockets.

Back