Room Foggers Review - FreeMax MAXPOD Kit

Room Fogger

Reviewer, Reonaut and Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
FreeMax Maxpod Kit

Disclaimer – The views expressed in this review are based on my own experiences while testing the products being reviewed. The product/s were supplied free of charge by FreeMax for review purposes and no remuneration or other incentive is received to do this review.

Overview
This review will focus on the FreeMax MAXPOD Kit consisting of the FreeMax MAXPOD battery device, and the refillable Pod with replaceable coils.
The link to the official FreeMax website is:
https://www.freemaxvape.com/
The link to the product on the official FreeMax website is:
https://www.freemaxvape.com/maxpod-kit/

Unboxing
The kit is neatly and securely packaged in a white colored dual level cardboard box with a slide off cover. The front has a printed picture of the MaxPod kit, and information regarding the content of the kit and product specifications are on the back. A foam cutout insert holds the device battery and the pod in place, with the spare coil, and the rest of the content and the information booklets underneath.
upload_2020-6-7_13-16-18.png
The Pod kit I received was in a red and stainless steel finish with the 1.0 Ohm coil pre-installed and a spare 1.5 Ohm coil included, and FreeMax also included an additional pack of 5 1.5 Ohm coils as well, which was great news.

Package Contents included (Standard and TPD Edition).

upload_2020-6-7_13-16-57.png

1 x Maxpod battery device.
1 x Refillable Pod.
1 x 1.0 Ohm NS Mesh coil.
1 x 1.5 Ohm NS Mesh coil.
1 x Maxpod Lanyard and ring.
1 x USB Charging Cable.
1 x User Manual / 1 x Warning Card / 1 x Warranty Card.
(In this instance based on the 2 ml Pod tank capacity the contents of the Kit will be the same for both the Standard as well as the TPD compliant edition.)

Initial impression
This Pod Kit is extremely well manufactured and feels solid, with a smooth rounded finish that sits really comfortable in your hand. It looks pleasing to the eye, is not overly heavy and will fit really comfortable into any pocket. As can be expected from this small and type of device it is not super steady when you put it down, and can fall over quite easily.

Specifications and Features:
Device:

upload_2020-6-7_13-17-56.png

Dimensions – (H) 100.81 mm x (W) 21.81 mm x (D) 14 mm (Including Pod).
Material: Steel / Zinc Alloy / PCGT.
Style/Design Type: Rectangular Pod.
Battery Specifications: 550 mA built in battery.
Wattage output range: 3W to 11 W, 3.3 V constant output.
Resistance Range: Determined by coil option.
Weight: 56.3 g (Approximately)

Tanks/Pods:
upload_2020-6-7_13-18-25.png

Dimensions – (H) 37.4 mm x (W) 21.73 mm x (D) 13.68 mm.
Material: Steel and PCGT
Capacity: 2 ml
Filling: Side Fill with Silicone Sealing strip.
1.0 Ohm NS Mesh coil, (Best for 20mg - 30mg Nic salts, 3mg – 12mg Freebase Nic)
1.5 Ohm NS Mesh coil, (Best for 30mg - 50mg Nic salts, 12mg – 24mg Freebase Nic)

6 Additional Safety Features
upload_2020-6-7_13-18-59.png

Short circuit protection.
Open circuit protection.
Overcharge protection.
Low voltage protection.
Short circuit protection.
8s cut-of protection.
Over-discharge protection.

Opinion, likes and dislikes
The Maxpod Kit is a small and lightweight system, with really good performance and flavor to boot, and the NS mesh coils really perform well with the flavor being there from the word go. The front layout has a color LED battery power indicator (White – 71 – 100%, Green – 31 – 70%, Red – 1 - 31 %), and a USB charging port on the side. The Pod system is draw activated only, and it is a really easy system to use.

The 6 colors available are:
upload_2020-6-7_13-20-12.png

The kit was supplied with 2 NS Mesh type coils, in a 1.0 Ohm and a 1.5 Ohm configuration. With both options flavor was great, providing for a very satisfying vape. The 2 ml capacity however means you will have to fill up more often, but if you use a high NicSalt e-liquid it will definitely last you quite some time. In this instance I decided to push the envelope a bit and used only a 70 VG / 30 PG NicSalt commercial juice, based on the claim that it could handle it, and it did not disappoint. In the end I actually preferred the 1.5 Ohm coil the most, giving me a great vape while ensuring a reasonable time between charges. The flat rounded profile of the built in drip tip, shaped more like a “duck’s beak” for lack of a better explanation, also proved to be very comfortable during use, ensuring a good draw and “lift-off” every time, as I sometimes have a problem with draw only activated set-ups, but it performed flawlessly in this instance. Coil change is Push / Pull and it clips in nicely, wicking is super-fast and I only experienced a little dribble from the coil after I forgot it in my car in the sun, cleaned out, wiped its nose, and I was off and running again. The pod is also easy to fill, just take it slowly, and not being too dark you can also see the juice level easy.

Battery life was as expected for a 550 mAh capacity, and I needed to recharge at least 2 to 3 times a day, but as a grab and go “semi stealth device” (You get quite a good cloud for such a small unit) it will tick all of the boxes for that quick pop out meeting or shopping run. Airflow was quiet, and it has a good restricted draw, but not too tight, and I was able to even achieve a reasonable satisfying restricted DL vape.

This little kit will be a great addition to any vape collection and will fill a niche, even if you have to search for it. For a person transitioning to vaping it will give a comparable draw and satisfy most cravings with a good e-liquid / NicSalts combination, and for the more experienced vapers looking for a pocket friendly small system that will still satisfy it will also be spot on. Combine the ease of use and good performance and it will keep the majority of users happy imho. The lanyard might also be quite useful if you are scared of the device falling out of a pocket while working or with other activities, as accidents do happen, or if you are like me and you keep on forgetting in which pocket you had it last.

A sincere thank you to FreeMax for supplying the FreeMax MaxPod Kit for review and for giving me the opportunity to do a review on it.
(Information, photos and specifications as obtained from the official FreeMax website on the Internet)

Hi bro. I just finished my review and came to check out yours. I see you charged 2-3 times a day. Did you do restricted DL solely or did you mix it up with MTL

Hi bro. I just finished my review and came to check out yours. I see you charged 2-3 times a day. Did you do restricted DL solely or did you mix it up with MTL
Restricted DL or loose MTL, but I Vape like a mad person, so most pods don’t last. Also, I MTL with 2 - 3 mg juice, which also has a big impact on my consumption.

Restricted DL or loose MTL, but I Vape like a mad person, so most pods don’t last. Also, I MTL with 2 - 3 mg juice, which also has a big impact on my consumption.
Yes, when I dropped my NIC level to 6 I noticed the battery depleting fast. Then I just spaced out my puffs a little till knock off time.
This is however not a con for me. It charges quick enough and my charger doubles as a powerbank. The flavour and vaping experience delivered is the winner.

Back