RX 200 Dual 18650 Squonker

Im waiting for the steamcrave squonker to arrive by but this is promising!

Looks like the internals of the steamcrave 510.

Perhaps @Silver can tell us if the rx will operate with only 2 batteries. The dna unfortunately doesn't seem to work with 2 batteries.
This thread has my full attention. :D

This is a MacGyver of a standard RX200 by the way.
If I Don't like the steamcrave squonker I think I'll buy an rx and make some modifications to it!
I have considered doing something similar with the DNA but it doesn't run on 2 x 18650s and I'm not in the mood to start using lipos either.
I have had 2 lipos randomly explode while nobody was around during storage, burning thousands of rands of heli equipment on different occasions. I'm just glad the house never burnt down.

Perhaps @Silver can tell us if the rx will operate with only 2 batteries. The dna unfortunately doesn't seem to work with 2 batteries.
This thread has my full attention. :D

Just checked now @Christos
Removed the one battery from my RX200 and it does not work...

The RX chip might be tricky but the DNA 200 runs on 1 2 or 3 18650s with varying wattage limits. The mod pictured has a modified RX 200 shell with the back door cut out for the sqounk bottle also the 510 has been moved. It's running a DNA 200 chip which is limited to 133w with 2 18650s

The RX chip might be tricky but the DNA 200 runs on 1 2 or 3 18650s with varying wattage limits. The mod pictured has a modified RX 200 shell with the back door cut out for the sqounk bottle also the 510 has been moved. It's running a DNA 200 chip which is limited to 133w with 2 18650s
Interestingly the DNA spec sheet says min voltage of 9V. DNA 200 chip costs 80$. This is really looking like a good idea.

@VapeSnow, looks like the 510 connection is from a steamcrave squonker. Expensive to take all these mods and combine them into 1 but so worth it!
I might consider this as an 2 day device with no refills and no charge!

Interestingly the DNA spec sheet says min voltage of 9V. DNA 200 chip costs 80$. This is really looking like a good idea.

@VapeSnow, looks like the 510 connection is from a steamcrave squonker. Expensive to take all these mods and combine them into 1 but so worth it!
All i need is this 510 fat daddy. I did email the owner and after 5 days of emailing him and paypal he did agree to add South Africa to his shipping list. So we can order any parts from this website.

http://www.modmaker.co.uk/Mod-Makin...Vapes-510-v4-Short-Bottom-Feeder-Set-22mm-Cap

All i need is this 510 fat daddy. I did email the owner and after 5 days of emailing him and paypal he did agree to add South Africa to his shipping list. So we can order any parts from this website.

http://www.modmaker.co.uk/Mod-Makin...Vapes-510-v4-Short-Bottom-Feeder-Set-22mm-Cap
I see another group buy coming up soon from modmaker! Have my eye on the DNA 200 chip that I want to put into a custom wooden squonker. The RX battery cradle and package is looking like a nice alternative!

I'm probably wrong on the single cell operation, but I know for sure it works with 2 cells :p There are a few dual 18650 DNA200s floating around. I'm sure you can take a DNA200 rolo which is around $130 now and do these modifications. Then you just move the 510 really.

I'm probably wrong on the single cell operation, but I know for sure it works with 2 cells :p There are a few dual 18650 DNA200s floating around. I'm sure you can take a DNA200 rolo which is around $130 now and do these modifications. Then you just move the 510 really.
I can confirm. I just removed one sell from my Rolo and the dna200 still works

I can confirm. I just removed one sell from my Rolo and the dna200 still works
changed the settings in Escribe to 2 cell as opposed to 3 cell but it still gives me a check battery warning.

this would seriously get me into squonking!!!
would gladly sacrifice my dna200 rolo

this would seriously get me into squonking!!!
would gladly sacrifice my dna200 rolo
If we can find a 3 bay battery sled or maybe someone with a 3D printer we can buy the DNA chip for 60 GBP and have the Rolo configuration in a squonker without sacrificing existing mods.

Well there are options then. Bunch of places do 3d printing for you. Like a postnet style shop.
Also we have one at work but not sure if they'd let me use it for this.

Well there are options then. Bunch of places do 3d printing for you. Like a postnet style shop.
Also we have one at work but not sure if they'd let me use it for this.
Do you know any shops like that in JHB?
I know @JakesSA wanted to build a 3D printer at some stage. Im wondering if he did.

Back