Scrap steel plates urgently needed

Rowan Francis

orgazmic cloud chaser
Staff member
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Guys. In my endeavour to provide a complete vape doctoring service I have managed to get my sticky mits on a great drill press and cross brace vice. How ever the heights of everything are all way off and the easiest solution I can see is a set of steel plates. 10mm 15mm 20mm thick. The fun part I don't have access to any steel like that and don't know where to get... So if any body can help out. I ain't asking for freebies I don't mind paying but I need these plates asap.

Good luck. How big do you need it to be? Could you not do it by stacking flat bar pieces and epoxying them together? Scrapyards would be a big mission, especially in Joburg /Gauteng.

yah i could , as it does not have to be large , a couple of bars would do it .. just finding it is the hassel .

There are plenty of steel merchants here on the east rand, should be easy to source something.

via iphone

ja, rather a steel supplier than scrapyards. Less hassle. 1 long bar would do it, just quite a lot of cutting. i think they typicalyl /standard? flatbar is about 4 mm thick. Length maybe 3 m.

Back